2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

from The Netherlands advise supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 11/10/09, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from The Netherlands advise supercharger

HI guys,

I am Ralph from The Netherlands and drive an mustang gt 2005 automatic......and really want to have an supercharger on it.... i am thinking of an Saleen stage 2 brenspeed or vortec HO i know the difference that saleen has the low boost also etc ......but which 1 is safer for the autmatic transmission....please advise me...
Attached Thumbnails from The Netherlands advise supercharger-100_2876.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 11/10/09, 03:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

With a proper tune both are safe. Cost and driver feel are the difference. The low end torque and resulting wheel spin/poor traction in wet wetherand higher cost make the Saleen my second choice. With the vortech you can stay out of the boost for easier bad wether driving and it is usually cheaper.
Old 11/10/09, 03:50 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hi, Ralph. Welcome to TMS! The Vortech centrifugal superchargers won't shock the automatic transmission like the Saleen will. The Saleen is a great supercharger, but makes so much power immediately that it will be harder on your transmission than the Vortech, in my opinion.

I love the Vortech V2 on my 2007 Mustang GT, and I have an automatic transmission, as well. Easy to launch, but hold on tight as the rpm's rise! Your highest speed limit in the Netherlands is 120 kph (74 mph), and my car can go from 0-120 kph (74 mph) in about 6 seconds flat. I can go from 0-180 kph (111 mph) in just over 12 seconds. Even around town in a short sprint, I can go from 0-100 kph (62 mph) in 3.7 seconds.

As you're in Rotterdam and have that mild, marine climate with plenty of rainy days, you'll prefer the easier boost of the Vortech, like Greywolf mentioned. And, when you take a trip across Holland and into Germany, the Vortech will go like crazy on the Autobahn at high speeds. I was in Emmerich, Germany for a day earlier this year (while on vacation in Holland for a couple weeks) and there were lots of cars going way too fast on the Autobahn. I stayed in the slow lane doing about 140 kph (in our rental Volvo) and let them all pass me like I was standing still. You could easily keep up with the big dogs on the Autobahn with the Vortech.
Old 11/10/09, 04:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by ralphmustang
HI guys,

I am Ralph from The Netherlands and drive an mustang gt 2005 automatic......and really want to have an supercharger on it.... i am thinking of an Saleen stage 2 brenspeed or vortec HO i know the difference that saleen has the low boost also etc ......but which 1 is safer for the autmatic transmission....please advise me...
Hey I was born in Holland! I need to go back before all my relatives pass away! Well Ralph I'm of the Twin Screw camp, if you ever get the pleasure to drive a TS with instant torque you won't look back on a centri system. Now that we answered that question you need to do some local research that is local/ semi local to you for a installer that understands how to tune your system. Unless you decide to install it yourself and use a "canned" tune. If I were you go with a company that has been around for a while Whipple, Kenne Bell, and FPR TVS etc... With all that has happened at Saleen I don't know if I would go that route personally. A lot of new companies promise the world on their new design and all I've heard from people that have take that path are headaches. The only exception maybe the Edelbrock system. We wish we had the Autobahn here the fact in America that you can't really see what the car is made of on our highways, the track is really to only place to get a good taste of its performance. Your automatic will hold up fine if you don't go into drag mode every time you get into your car. With common sense driving your car will hold up fine it's going to be determined more on the manner how you drive than having big power breaking something on the car. Anyway do your research and consider if something goes wrong who can help you to fix it, find a good tuner and get going! GOOD LUCK!

Jed
Old 11/10/09, 04:35 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JedCranium
Hey I was born in Holland! I need to go back before all my relatives pass away!
I'm surrounded by the Dutch! My wife's parents were both born in Doetinchem, Holland close to the German border. While many people are on Facebook or MySpace here in the USA, my wife spends a lot of her time on Hyves (the Dutch equivalent of Facebook).

Anyway, back to the twin screw vs centrifugal debate: both are very good ways to increase power. Neither is bad. A twin screw certainly feels great, but is not any faster than a centrifugal - they just make power in different parts of the tachometer.
Old 11/10/09, 04:54 PM

GREAR GREAT !!!! to hear from you guys and your advise !!! first off all my whole family drive only USA cars !!! i have the stang and also an cadillac eldorado 1995 and an oltimer lincoln mark 4,my sister an ssr my brother an dodge pickup my father an chevy tahoe.
Back to the Mustang ...it is do different with al those different options...first i was thinking of Brenspeed stage 2 Saleen because everybody was saying vortec is not so much fun....and have no lower power....but i am also afraid voor my automatic....with the saleen...
Old 11/10/09, 05:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by ralphmustang
GREAR GREAT !!!! to hear from you guys and your advise !!! first off all my whole family drive only USA cars !!! i have the stang and also an cadillac eldorado 1995 and an oltimer lincoln mark 4,my sister an ssr my brother an dodge pickup my father an chevy tahoe.
Back to the Mustang ...it is do different with al those different options...first i was thinking of Brenspeed stage 2 Saleen because everybody was saying vortec is not so much fun....and have no lower power....but i am also afraid voor my automatic....with the saleen...
Ya as you can see there's passion for both systems. Both are vast improvements over stock. Do worry so much about your automatic. Your automatic can be destroyed by your stock engine if you do it right (or wrong) depending how you look at it. Key thing is regaurdless what you do or read here or on this or any fourm is do your homework. Talk to people get info from all of the vendors check out SuperchargersOnline> look at warranties if that's important to you. A thing to remember over the long haul is as you start to go big power you may need to upgrade the systems around your motor. Maybe not right away I like I said it's really going to depend how you treat your ride.

Hey Ralph just to tease you here's my engine bay...

Last edited by JedCranium; 11/10/09 at 05:33 PM.
Old 11/10/09, 05:38 PM

that is awesome!!!
Old 11/11/09, 05:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Damm , every thing shines ...
Old 11/11/09, 10:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Love to hear from international Mustang lovers! Welcome. Our cars have no boundaries
Old 11/11/09, 11:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Call Heath at Forced Air Performance and ask him about the Rotrex kit. I think you'll find it's very appealing based on cost and included components. See for yourself if you find it's more advanced than a Vortech!

http://www.forcedairperformance.com/.../mustang.html#

Toll Free (888) 649-4609
Local (801) 619-1569
Old 11/11/09, 11:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
... if you ever get the pleasure to drive a TS with instant torque you won't look back on a centri system.

Anyway do your research and consider if something goes wrong who can help you to fix it, find a good tuner and get going! GOOD LUCK!
Hmm.. I ran against the feared JedMobile from a dead stop in an impromptu parking lot race and I don't recall him pulling leagues on me.

Maybe it was my lightened driveline with 4.10's.

j/k Jed.. your car is a rocket!

To the OP, in addition to finding a good tuner, it's just as important finding a good installer.

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Anyway, back to the twin screw vs centrifugal debate: both are very good ways to increase power. Neither is bad. A twin screw certainly feels great, but is not any faster than a centrifugal - they just make power in different parts of the tachometer.
Yeah, what Brian said.
Old 11/13/09, 07:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Ralph. I can throw in a plug for the frpp polished supercharger too. Add a little bling under the hood and a ford engineered tune for the supercharger. Pretty much plug and play. The ford racing tune has "torque management" to help the automatic live a nice long life with boost. There is something to be said for oem expertise. Anyway, which ever kit you choose, you're going to love the way the car wakes up and you'll be able to keep up with all but the most overpowered cars around. Not to be offensive, but you'll enjoy getting blown, no matter how you get it.
Old 11/13/09, 07:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Ralph just to tease you here's my engine bay...

Good Lord that's beautiful!!!!
Old 11/13/09, 08:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Have you seen the Roush TVS? I drive it every single day and it's perfectly streetable. It can be pullied however you'd like, I ran 8 lbs initially and made 463 rwhp.

https://themustangsource.com/showthr...ght=vmp+pulley