2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My Worst Nighmare

Search this Thread

Old 4/13/05, 09:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope God grants me your grace if the same ever happens to me, your a good man!
Old 4/13/05, 09:48 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

no excuses for the guy he was drunk - he got in the car and was going to drive drunk - I say fry him..
My wife and I were wiped out by a drunk hineyhole 10 yrs ago.. shattered her feet.
Old 4/13/05, 10:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
David,

Sorry to hear about your '05. What a jerk that guy was for trying to weezle out of it!! About your repairs.................my son has body shop experience and this is what he said:

From the picture, the body shop definitely need to replace the door. The right quarter panel will have the dent and creases pulled out and put bondo in to fill in. He personally recommend that the body shop replace the right quarter panel as well. This is a brand new $30,000 vehicle and if you don't have the right body shop make the repairs, it will never be 100% right. See if the insurance company will authorize replacing the right quarter panel. You'll be glad you did. To bondo, they will have to fill in that whole scoop area and try to get it look right. Take your car to a couple of other body shops and get their opinion.

Good luck!! FYI, even though my son is only 20, he has a couple of years experience working in one of the top body shops in Central Illinois. He does all the detail work on my 2 mustangs and as a result, we have won numerous awards at local and national car shows. He's young, but he has a real good eye for detail. Best of luck to you.

Elizabeth
Old 4/14/05, 07:08 AM
Bullitt Member

He should not have gone to jail.

He should have been thrown UNDER the jail after you drove over him, letting the Mustang get some revenge.

I hope they can fix it and it looks PERFECT again!!!!!
Old 4/14/05, 08:47 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by dtdebuty@April 13, 2005, 8:18 PM
I guess the other thing that gets me is that he didnt even apologize for what he did but thats ok. I just hope that he doesnt hurt someone the next time. Its scary though because he is in his 50's and abviously has not learned a lesson yet. A cab dont cost but $15-25.00...go figure. I dont ever get behind the wheel after 2 drinks. Its not worth it. It will be a while until I see him again but it will be intersting what he will have to say if anything.
That's why you should have nailed him with the DUI. Maybe some hard time and/or hard fines will shake him up.

I certainly don't want it to be when he wipes out that family of four on the highway.
Old 4/14/05, 08:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just another example of why not to be the nice guy. People rarely give back the kindness that you give them. A guy like that should have his license revoked.

Good for you for keeping your cool. You're a better man than I am. If this guy had hit my car and started denying it, he would have had a few dents in his hood... from his face being slammed into it.
Old 4/14/05, 08:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Tough luck, hope everything works out okay!!

Matt
Old 4/14/05, 09:07 AM

The removal of such persons from the general population should be considered justifiable homocide. This is just another proof that the human gene pool needs more chlorine.
Old 4/14/05, 09:14 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by dtdebuty@April 13, 2005, 5:10 PM
Ok, as some of you saw in my last post I put on some stripes on the car last Thursday.

So, Friday started out to be a great day. I left the my office around 3PM to go get my car washed. I then head to Knoxville, TN an hour away from where I live (Chattanooga, TN) to meet up with some friends and my father to celebrate his B-Day. I arrive at a bar, by the name of Michaels, start having some drinks and just enjoying myself. After a couple of drinks my father wanted to show his friend his new Mercedes so we walked out to his car. As we were outside a guy walks out that we short of know and gets in his truck (F-150)and starts pulling out. Needless to say we see him backing up towards my car and BAM on my passengers door. At this point I am left with my mouth open, not believing what just happened. To make a long story short the guy that hit my car was pretty drunk so I am feeling sorry for him and thinking about just exchanging insurance information. As the this situation proceeds he then states that his not sure that he did anything wrong and that no one saw him. At that point I called the police and they end up arresting him because he was drunk. I still felt sorry for him as he is in his late 50;s and talk the police into giving him just a PD rather than DUI. It was crazy, 8 police cruisers showed up. Half the people from the bar are outside or glued to the window. By the way...not one little scratch on his car. :bang:

Since Monday I was dealing back and forth with my insurance company and his as well. I found out through my insurance company that he was denying everything-I should have let him get a DUI. But it all worked out and my car is going in the shop Monday and the other insurance company of the guy that hit me is paying for everything including a rental. I wish it would be the new Mustang or any Mustang. They will have my car for 3-4 days. The good thing though is that they are replacing the entire door even though its repairable. Total cost is $1600.00

I was sick to my stomach but I hope the Ford dealership that I am taking the car to fixes it perfectly to where I cant even tell.

Has anyone had to paint their Satin Silver. If yes was the result what you hoped for? I have heard that silver is a hard color to match.

Any tips of anything I should tell the dealership thats doing the repairs? I have thought about telling them to be carefull and not scratch anything in the inside of the car as they are replacing the door.

You should have let him get the DUI regardless. People need to pay for driving in that condition, before someone else has to pay for it with their life. Fines and license suspensions will make them at least think twice before doing it again. Think about the innocent people whose lives are affected by drunk drivers.
Old 4/14/05, 09:45 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I got rear ended in my '03 Satin silver and had to get the rear bumper replaced..took it to the dealer and they did a fantstic job. the color matched perfectly, and the bumber look as if it were there the whole time. Kudos to their body people
Old 4/14/05, 03:41 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just a second opinion. Don't even ask them to replace the quarter panel, have it fixed. Think what you'd rather have, a small dent pulled and a skim coat of bondo to ensure a smooth surface. Or, getting out a cutting torch, having your entire quarter panel removed, then replaced, all new welds all around it, and then bondo over all the seams... Then comes blending all the surrounding panels... Trust me, repair it, that's all the ins co's going to pay for anyway.
Old 4/15/05, 07:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@April 14, 2005, 5:44 PM
Just a second opinion. Don't even ask them to replace the quarter panel, have it fixed. Think what you'd rather have, a small dent pulled and a skim coat of bondo to ensure a smooth surface. Or, getting out a cutting torch, having your entire quarter panel removed, then replaced, all new welds all around it, and then bondo over all the seams... Then comes blending all the surrounding panels... Trust me, repair it, that's all the ins co's going to pay for anyway.
I agree with you on fixing the quarterpanel rather than replacing it. That is what my father recommended as well which used to do body work.

I agree with the fact that I should have let him get a DUI but I was feeling sorry for him at the time. Believe me, if I had to do it over he would be going to jail for a DUI rather than PD because he obviously did not learn a lesson.

Next week I will be dealing with withdrawls aaaaagain while my Stang is in the shop. I cant wait for it to be fixed. Everyone that sees it now is like "Oooh NO, what happened!?!" Not a fun story to explain.

Again, thanks everyone for your support.