2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My Very First Accident

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/07, 07:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jayguy
I've got one of Fasttrak's plate brackets, and a GT/CS front bumper now. I haven't tried mounting it up yet, but I'll give it a shot this weekend and see if it's even close to working. I have no desire to mount a plate directly to my bumper, and would rather pay the ticket than put holes in my car.
Good luck and let us know if you can make it work. When I was comparing the height of the GT/CS bumper area to the width of the bracket, it seemed like it would be not tall enough. However, I did not have the actual bracket when I was trying to see if this would work. I was measuring though.

I really like the GT/CS bumper.
Old 2/16/07, 08:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah me too- i'd pay a fine every day instead of drilling holes in my bumper.... i got an estimate today from two different places who both quoted about the same... 730.00 so i figure i might as well buy a new bumper i want instead of getting a stock one- since i have to pay for it anyway- ( my deductible is 1,000) oh well... whats the saying- when life hands you lemons.... get a roush bumper! haha
Old 2/16/07, 10:25 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Wow, that really hurts to see a 'stang hurt like that...

However on a minor plus note.. the plate stayed attached
Old 2/16/07, 11:37 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by 07MustangSB
yeah me too- i'd pay a fine every day instead of drilling holes in my bumper.... i got an estimate today from two different places who both quoted about the same... 730.00 so i figure i might as well buy a new bumper i want instead of getting a stock one- since i have to pay for it anyway- ( my deductible is 1,000) oh well... whats the saying- when life hands you lemons.... get a roush bumper! haha
Ah you did the same thing I did, have high deductibles to keep the insurance cost down.

Go ahead and get the bumper you want. You and your husband can do the install yourselves in the driveway in about 40 min once it's painted. If you want to save money, get a take off already in Redfire and all your out is your own sweat plus the cost of the takeoff.

It's really easy to do, honest. I've helped do about 3 now including my own front and rear.
Old 2/17/07, 08:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Fastrack
Wow, that really hurts to see a 'stang hurt like that...

However on a minor plus note.. the plate stayed attached
YES so KUDOS on you for building a TOP KNOTCH bracket! although- i might be able to bend it back in shape... if i buy a roush bumper- i'm not sure if it will fit.... if it doesn't i'll just stick the plate in the windsheild...
Old 2/17/07, 08:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SixtySix
Ah you did the same thing I did, have high deductibles to keep the insurance cost down.

Go ahead and get the bumper you want. You and your husband can do the install yourselves in the driveway in about 40 min once it's painted. If you want to save money, get a take off already in Redfire and all your out is your own sweat plus the cost of the takeoff.

It's really easy to do, honest. I've helped do about 3 now including my own front and rear.
yes- its nice to have low monthly payments... besides the only time the deductible hurts is IF you get into an accident.... i'm not accident prone- so it works for me... i just think of all the money i've saved over the years NOT paying more a month just for a lower deductible. When i tell people what my deductible is- they look at me like i'm crazy- and i'm like yeah... we'll you're the fool who throws your money away every month while you're not getting into accidents lol We're going to do the install ourselves since my quotes for getting it replaced were 716.00 and 730.00 from 2 different places... i'm not sure if i want to get a used one,(roush bumper) since i dont know how it will show up at my door after being tossed around in a post office- i dont want minor little rubs and scratches on it- so i might just buy one ready to paint and have it painted here- if i can find one cheap enough- it will come out to around the same price as if i had these yoohoo's do it down the road- i dunno... i'm gonna save some cash- since i cut up all my credit cards lol in order to pay for it- i dont mind driving around for a little while.... at least until the season of 'antarctica' turns into summer lol
Old 2/17/07, 04:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 07MustangSB
YES so KUDOS on you for building a TOP KNOTCH bracket! although- i might be able to bend it back in shape... if i buy a roush bumper- i'm not sure if it will fit.... if it doesn't i'll just stick the plate in the windsheild...
I'm not sure how it's bent, but you have to heat the aluminum before you make drastic bends or it will fracture. (30seconds with a Propane torch does it)... Let it cool (in about 4-5 days it re-hardens again)
Old 2/17/07, 06:45 PM
Bullitt Member

hmm well i might be buying another one or just sticking it in the windsheild.... i dont have a torch... lol i dont think it will work on a roush bumper.... guess i'll have to see
Old 2/19/07, 01:31 PM
Bullitt Member

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR wanna hear something $h!tty.... i get a letter from my insurance adjustor saying "i am pleased to inform you that your collision deductible has been waived" so i get all excited and call her up... well, my old adjuster is the one who's name is at the bottom, but she had turned over my case to a new girl- one who says "oh i'm sorry, that must have been sent out in error" gahhhhhhh so then i ask if i can speak with the woman who's name is at the bottom of this letter and she's "conveniently' unavailable... i'm so mad! i could have had my bumper fixed for free...