2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My redesign of Headlights (White-out)

Search this Thread

Old 12/14/04, 07:45 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fog lamps look great on the regular body style. You ALWAYS see the fogs down on the lower part of the front grille. It's nice to see that change. Gives it that retro feel, but to each their own.
Old 12/14/04, 10:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah I gonna go with Palace on the fogs. I kinda like 'em on the grille. If nothing else they are unique. Still, I wouldn't mind if they were a bit smaller..

Overall, your mods ain't bad. Kinda remind me of the concept (which rocked, btw), though I'm not a big fan of the single scoop you put in the hood (ala Roush).

Kach22, as an aside, I'd like to apologize for some of my fellow TMS veterans. Their responses to your dig were an offense to the board and the caliber of those who frequent it. By no means should their behavior be seen as representative.

SVTJay....WTF is wrong with you?! The guy lobs a mild, and I do mean MILD rub our way and you list the top 10 reasons that his car stinks?! Then you top it off by suggesting why his GIRL might be happier in yours. And his response to your overkill post....essentially "dude you hit the nail on the head...that's my car." So let me get this straight....You take a pretty nasty shot at the guy and he sidesteps you with more class than you've ever shown....

And your response to that? Call him names and then proceed to systematically rip his life apart, as if you have the first f....ing clue what type of life he lives. You reduce his ride to two weeks of your salary? You tell him to "check his league" cause he's just some POSER with a 30 year old car? At what point did he EVER get personal (much less vitriolic) with you? At BEST this guy needed a small lesson in humility (which could have been handled with much more grace and wit). Instead he gets a crash course in "Belligerent ***** 101," Professor SVTJay presiding....

Unbelievable

And Jessica, don't EVEN pin this on him. Sure, he had no right to insult you like that. But he didn’t draw first blood….YOU DID. In just 5 lines of text, you manage to:

-Come out siding with SVTJay (itself inexcusable)
-Call him a snob
-Put him down for acting superior, and then tell him that he knows it too….
-Praise Jay for that vicious and unwarranted attack on his character, or “calling him out” as you put it….
-Don your Mustang Source Gestapo Hat and ask him just who he thinks he is posting on the board…..blah blah blah like somebody elected you TMS Police Chief….
-Tell him to check his attitude
-Call him another name (CHUM)

In spite of all this, you then close by calling HIS comments demeaning and telling him they’re not appreciated. And after all that (no to mention Jay’s b.s.), you are actually SURPRISED when he stabs you back?!

You “hardly think what I said deserved the kind of retaliation I received”

Are you for real?! :scratch: Jesus Tap-dancing Christ! And I thought I had an overdeveloped sense of irony….

To 2MustangJohn, FordFun, and Dre….kudos for daring to go against the grain. A tribute to you character as well as TMS.

As for the rest of you who ganged up on him, calling him an ****, saying he had an inferiority complex etc….well if nothing else take pride in your ability to kick a guy while he’s down.

Disgusting. :notnice:
Old 12/14/04, 10:55 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Purple, Did you not see him call SVT Chum?

I wonder, really wonder, if its ok to have issue with what he had to say.

I asked him who he was to tell another poster to not get attitude with him, simple. No one elected me TMS police, frankly, I wouldnt want the job thanks. I didnt appreciate his comments, thats not allowed?

He was NEVER down, puuulease. There was no gang mentality here, there was simple people reacting to typed text.

Its your belief he showed class. Ok. We obviously have different ideas of class. He DID act superior, you really cant see that? I didnt PRAISE anyone, all I did was say that he got called out. There is a huge difference.

I would NEVER, EVER, tell someone, (Paraphrasing) Go buy that car so I can beat you with my 25 yr old car. That in and of itself is insulting. Then to follow it up with "Oh cmon, I was only joking, but its true, my car could beat yours"

Here, I will tell ya what. I will take the Sad Angry title, and wear it proudly, K? You happy now Purple? Wowee, I hope so, cuz its obvious I am the sad angry person, right?

This round and round is stupid, and waste of time.

I am so heartfully sorry for hurting anyones feelings, and for adding to any of the discord.

I am outtie... I wont be responding to this any more.
Old 12/14/04, 11:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

this one down. It should have been posted in the photochop section in the first place.
Old 12/14/04, 11:45 PM

It's time to end this one - it's going nowhere fast.
Old 12/15/04, 12:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Purple, Did you not see him call SVT Chum?
Yes, he called SVT a chum (syn. buddy, pal, associate) in RESPONSE to one of the meanest posts I've read on these boards. And even though he did employ the word with a negative connotation (as in, "Watch it, Chum!" e.g.), even that slight act of combativeness was TRIFLING compared to what Jay said about him in TWO previous posts. If anything, his response was quite muted. Think of how you or I would have wanted to respond if someone treated us like that…

He was NEVER down, puuulease. There was no gang mentality here
I implore you. Re-read the thread...start to finish, and tell me if you still believe that...

His frustration (and his hurt) were palpable by his second to last post, when he threw his virtual arms up in frustration? (i.e. ) For God's sake, by page three our fellow forum mates couldn't even distinguish between "I don't like it all" and "I don't like it AT ALL" We burned this cat, and you know what, HE LEFT. Perhaps for good. And for what?!

I will take the Sad Angry title, and wear it proudly, K?
Jess, Come on. You no more deserve that title than he deserved the ones you and Jay gave him (and bear in mind, Kach22 RESPONDED to personal digs from each of you. He did not initiate them). That's what I'm trying to drive home here. You're better than that! You didn't need to go after him in the first place; he didn't provoke YOU personally at all. It was only AFTER you lashed out at him that he stung you back (which, like I said above, he still had NO right to do, but I beg you not to forgot the ordering of the sequence of insults).

Though I too grow tried of this Round Robin bit, I think it has its merits. As you note, NONE of us want the job of TMS SuperCop, which is why it falls on each of us to do a part in maintaining the level of courtesy and thoughtfulness that we have all come to appreciate from this board. I would hope other posters would be just as quick to get in my face if the positions were reversed. B)

Sorry to keep kicking the horse here, no pun intended
Old 12/15/04, 12:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

I took the liberty of doing his suggestions. Not half bad if you ask me ;-) I initally thought they were trivial, but it's really just subtle.
Old 12/15/04, 01:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

I implore you. Re-read the thread...start to finish, and tell me if you still believe that...
Purp....I did re-read the thread, because by the end of it, I literally asked myself out loud, where did this go to heck?

There's a couple of things here...SVT's comment and some verbage.

Basically, yes, I thought that SVT's comment was over the top, but to be honest with you, it's not the first time I've seen something like that on here. Just the first time I've seen it escalate like this. And Kach22i's verbage ("don't like it all") put alot of people on the defensive, which is nothing new on this site either. I had to re-read that post myself 3 times to really get the feel of it, because the first two times, I really did read: "I don't like it AT all". And my reaction was also, "Then why are you here?"

But you could really see it start to spiral out of control when Kach posted:
Good, hope you buy one....................I'll see you on a twisty road one day and wave from my 28 year old old Porsche, which will probably still handle better.
My first thought was..."Ut oh". Jessica's first comments, if you re-read them, really isn't anything more than saying "what did you expect?"....the comments that she received was just as much over the top as what SVT stated.

Look, I'm VERY new and it was definately intimidating (and still sometimes is) to post on this site, just because you don't know which side you could get it from. I'm very clear to point out that I'm Captain SuperNoob when it comes to the Mustang and I still catch some heat for not knowing things. But any time someone "burns" me for something, I take it in stride. If Kach left for good from this site, I'm sorry to hear it. But we could all do with a little thicker skin as well.

And a little more tolerance for opinons and expertise (or lack there of).

Sorry for the mini rant, just touched a little close to home.
Old 12/15/04, 01:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

You know what Tim you're right. That doesn't look that bad. The only thing I would change is the huge foglights on the grill.

Tony ~ I can see your point. But IMO he did come off sounding alittle snobish. Not that I am calling him a snob. It's just how it sounded to me.

I think that we all just need to remember that we speak using typing. We all at one point or another hit a wrong key & a word can come out totally different. Just today I accidently typed not instead of now. And also the words we type have no voice behind them. We take tham as we read them & hear them in our heads as we read them.

It's not like a phone conversation or a face to face where you can convey you emothions & your meaning by the tone of your voice or by your body language. I frequestly have people ask me why I am in a bad mood when they talk to me over the phone when I am not.

So therefore I think that we all need to be careful of the word we fo use & be ever mindful & respectful of others feelings. JMO.

Anywhoo. Again the car look pretty kool. Cheersmates
Old 12/15/04, 11:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

This sort of imbroglio happens on every message board sooner or later. Missunderstandings happen. That people have addressed it in an adult manner is a good thing, and it says a lot of positive things about the people on this site.

There's always a fine line between fan and fanatic! One misspelled, omitted or out of place word can change the whole context.
Old 12/15/04, 12:11 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
and for the second time eace:

Peace!