2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My redesign of Headlights (White-out)

Search this Thread

Old 12/13/04, 09:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somebody here at work purchased a yellow 6 this week. I was walking through the parking lot and the first thing I noticed was that nose sticking out. It's unmistakable. Personally, I think its to long. It just seemed so huge in person. I think it might have been the color too.

Still think its the best Mustang ever!
Old 12/13/04, 09:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

The nose is perfect, it's the butt I think is a little long. I know they did it for trunk space but chopping a foot off of the car's tail would do wonders for its styling. Not that the styling needs work, mind you... it's gorgeous as-is!
Old 12/13/04, 10:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Ah ignore the rest of em. I'd kill for a 74' Carrera RS 2.7l. 911s are just wonderful looking cars, especially the first few generations. Yes they are hard to work on but look at what you get! A light weight flat six rear engine rocket that has tons of oversteer! Must be fun driving an old 911.
Old 12/14/04, 12:54 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by exc911ence@December 13, 2004, 8:44 PM
... it's gorgeous as-is!
My sentiments exactly.....and just why I purchased it
Old 12/14/04, 02:19 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by kach22i@December 13, 2004, 3:48 PM
One more try.
nah, that's rice
Old 12/14/04, 02:53 AM
V6 Member

André, the red car on the first page with what you called "colored head light buckets" is very close to my intend/design modification. I got carried away with the white-out and distracted some people with the blinkers - sorry, it's about the headlights mostly.

I became interested in the Mustang again about the time of September 11, 2001.......................needed an escape, a distraction to help me heal. Once we knew what it was going to look like the fun was over, and I lost interest.

After 9/11/2001 I traced over a Mustang, shortened the overhangs and looked to the Jag X-Type and Audi TT for influence, as well as the 1965/1966 + 1969/1970 Mustangs. Nothing like the texture of a good line drawing. B)

I have misgivings about the 2005 solid rear end, I mean how could I go from any year Porsche to that? Yes, I saw Grassroots Motorsports magazine (last year) take a late model mini van against a 1950's Porsche and wip it's tail around the cones on the track................................which driver felt more with the car, and had more fun?

Did Ford have enough time to get the handling right? I'd say only if they got the accounting right first. The latest rumor has it that there was a big accounting/estimating error which lead to the soild rear over the LS independent rear - there realy was no cost difference in the end. :bang:

Can Ford ever get it right? Do you mean like the Ford GT (GT-40 remake)? That car will beat the pants of off Porsche/Ferrari (or at least kept pace) if you buy into what all the magizines are saying, not bad for a years worth of effort. Ford can do it, if they try................................just too many cooks in the kitchen. :nono:
Old 12/14/04, 06:32 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You could always put an independent rear end in there, may take some work and $$$, but it can be done. Why don't you just wait for the Cobra, sounds more of what you are looking for anyway, it comes standard with IRS.
Old 12/14/04, 07:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by kach22i@December 13, 2004, 3:53 PM

I think the '05 is perfect.
Good, hope you buy one....................I'll see you on a twisty road one day and wave from my 28 year old old Porsche, which will probably still handle better.
Um...who cares? People don't buy Mustangs to race old Porsches through the twisties. :scratch:
Old 12/14/04, 08:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

"I have misgivings about the 2005 solid rear end, I mean how could I go from any year Porsche to that?"

Dude, you really need to get over yourself. You drive a 30 yr old Porsche. Who Cares? You are like every other poser who buys an old Porsche or Ferrari, BMW, or MB, and all of a sudden thinks they can talk down to people. What are you smoking, besides oil? I can go on ebay and pick up a used 308GTS for less than a new stang, heck, i could get a 924, or 944 for less than 2 weeks pay. Doesn't give me carte blanche to go into a a forum and tell them all how crappy their cars are. Do you honestly think you are in the same league as the guy/girl with the brand new 911? How can you dilude yourself so? Going forward, do you honestly think a 30 yr old suspension is better than something designed in the last couple years? And even if you can take a turn at a few clicks faster, you are going to get smoked when those turns are over. Please, get over it.
Old 12/14/04, 08:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Old 12/14/04, 10:58 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by SVTJayC@December 14, 2004, 9:21 AM
do you honestly think a 30 yr old suspension is better than something designed in the last couple years?
I am not being the prissy one here, don't take an attitude with me chum (SVTJayC).

The driving experience of each car is different, and we need not compare them one on one. The Porsche will not have the raw off the line "push you back in the seat" thrill. The Mustang will not have the famous "Porsche Dynamic" though the curves. None is the lessor for it, both have their virtues.

Value?

Sure my car is worth 1/3 or less of a new Mustang, so what? Who's playing the snob now?

From some recent Kelly Blue book reading, I've formed a theory................most any car will lose half it's value after five years, and be half that in another five years. The few execptions I've found was BMW did a little worse than average, the Jeep a little better than average. Again, nothing scientific just an impression from casual reading.

A buddy of mine has a 1981 Ferrari 308 GTS (targa), the trill he gets for his $31,000 is different than the one you get from your new Mustang, it's just different. Heck I've never had a small crowd of Asian people gather around the Porsche to take pictures of it out of the blue like he has with his red Ferrari.

Enjoy your car, there no need to put anyone down for being different.

To answer SVT's quote, yes, that is a posibility................will have to drive both to have an opinion but my money is on the Porsche, even without heat or radio.
Old 12/14/04, 11:09 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Kach, I have been watching this thread... You came off first being a Porsche snob, with your comments of "I hope you do buy one, and then we will meet up in the twisties". You know as well as I do, and SVT does that you feel you are far superior to those of us in here.

I think SVT did a very good job calling you out. Id like to know who exactly you think you are walking in here, making your snide little comments and then telling someone to not get an attitude with you. You would get a lot less "attitude" if you dropped yours at the door, CHUM.

No one is putting you down for being different, however you are being quite demeaning with your comments, and its not apprciated.
Old 12/14/04, 11:16 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
eace: Can't we all just get along....wait, that doesn't include you kach22i
Old 12/14/04, 11:28 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Adrenalin, you Rodney King now?
Old 12/14/04, 11:36 AM
Bullitt Member

I believe his "kach22" is caused by his attitude...
Old 12/14/04, 11:37 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by exc911ence@December 13, 2004, 10:44 PM
The nose is perfect, it's the butt I think is a little long. I know they did it for trunk space but chopping a foot off of the car's tail would do wonders for its styling. Not that the styling needs work, mind you... it's gorgeous as-is!
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the 2005 Ford Pinto:
Old 12/14/04, 11:46 AM
She's Back and Strapped!

Orrr, RX7... that just makes the front end look WAAAAY to long.
Old 12/14/04, 12:12 PM

I see you're at it again, aren't you kach. Have you even seen the '05 Mustang in person? No, pictures do not do the car justice one iota. The "truck-like" front end and "slab" sides are perfect, IMO, when seen in person; I was, like you, a little worried after seeing pictures of it a year or so ago.

You're not much of an artist, kach, so I understand why you insist on starting crap about Mustangs in Mustang forums - you do what you're good at.
Old 12/14/04, 12:20 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by JessicaRabbitt@December 14, 2004, 12:12 PM
Kach, I have been watching this thread... You came off first being a Porsche snob, with your comments of "I hope you do buy one, and then we will meet up in the twisties". You know as well as I do, and SVT does that you feel you are far superior to those of us in here.

I think SVT did a very good job calling you out. Id like to know who exactly you think you are walking in here, making your snide little comments and then telling someone to not get an attitude with you. You would get a lot less "attitude" if you dropped yours at the door, CHUM.

No one is putting you down for being different, however you are being quite demeaning with your comments, and its not apprciated.
Wow, someone is letting the Christmas tension get to them.

Lets see I said:
Good, hope you buy one....................I'll see you on a twisty road one day and wave from my 28 year old old Porsche, which will probably still handle better.

Which in my mind says.............buy the car you want, enjoy it, perhaps we will meet one day (I'll wave).............followed by a little tease and a couple of dancing bannas to show that it's all in fun and light hearted.

If that makes me a snob, then so be it.

JessicaRabbitt, you are a sad angry person.....seek help.
Old 12/14/04, 12:26 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Gradeau@December 14, 2004, 1:15 PM
Have you even seen the '05 Mustang in person?
Seen the car in person, yes a bunch of times. Pretty nice overall - don't like it all, I would stay away from the color red as the tail lights (a good design detail) fade into the rear. The tail is my favorite view of the car.

If you could not tell that I am a fan (of sorts) of the Mustang from my drawings and postings, then take a break, stop being paranoid and pause the program to attack anyone with a differing opinion.

Quick Reply: My redesign of Headlights (White-out)