2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My "new" Mustang Ongoing Build Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10/27/23, 08:47 AM
Legacy Supercharged Tms Member

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts
John@VGMStudios: Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I am interested in the kit. I assume the EL panel is for the backlighting? If so, does the kit include that panel? And thanks also for the offer of repairing the cluster but I'd rather just replace it with a known working one. Please PM me with the "what's in the box", "how to buy" and cost for the kit in Miles Per Hour format. Thanks again, John, too!
The following users liked this post:
VGMStudios (10/27/23)
Old 10/27/23, 09:48 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,588 Likes on 1,915 Posts
I Just Want to Say I'm Glad We Have a Member Who Takes The Time To Do The Things You Do To Improve You Car So Boldly and With No Hesitation. The Results You Get Are Fantastic and I Love Your Car! For Whatever Reason it Reminds me of a Similar Color Boss 429 I Have Seen in it's Understated Beauty and Purposeful Looks it Has! I Keep thinking it Needs a Callout On the Fender To Seal the Deal!

Maybe I Be So Bold!

VGM
4.6L

VGM
281 In White Or Metallic Silver!

Thanks So Much For Your Continued Stories and Adventures!

It is Appreciated!

KC

The following 3 users liked this post by 05stangkc:
msinc (12/6/23), RedFire281 (10/27/23), VGMStudios (10/27/23)
Old 10/27/23, 06:19 PM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
Update #5.5

I totally forgot about one thing to update you guys on. It's rather a cool story..
I have always liked the premium carbon fiber dash from my 07 V6 and wanted to add it to my 06 GT. So I bought some carbon fiber wrap and wrapped my dash. I was content with it for a while until I found the premium carbon fiber cluster cover in a junkyard one day and the airbag cover but that one was damaged. So I went on a hunt to find the rest of the dash panels online...
Now get this... I found some for a decent price and they were from my old 07 V6!!! I couldnt believe it! I was so excited that I found my old car. I have always wondered what happen to Beast I. An auto salvage yard, a province over, bought it last year and its been sitting there ever since!!!
So I bought the full dash and my GT500 steering wheel (which I was so upset for not keeping it before letting my V6 go) and drove there to pick it up. So now my GT has a part of my V6 in it and I couldn't be happier!!

As primosed here is a picture of what the car looks like now (he needs a wash but its been raining a lot lately) and the engine bay. I had to buy new collant hoses, that what those blue things are. The black ones were more expensive. I dont mind the blue, they look neat in there.
If you are wondering why there are no GT badges on the side of the car, it is because I have not added them yet because I will be cutting into the side fenders next year to add vents.

Finally I wanted to show you guys my custom turn signals. I had made these 2 years ago but never was able to get them working properly until this year. I was missing a load resistor. Didn't even know I needed it for the sequential part to work properly.
You can't buy them like this. They come with orange turn signal and white sold light. I had to take them apart and add transparent orange to each LED bulb to get the light orange effect x2.
What do you think?

Till nex time.

Last edited by VGMStudios; 10/30/23 at 09:55 AM.
msinc (12/6/23)
Old 10/27/23, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
I Just Want to Say I'm Glad We Have a Member Who Takes The Time To Do The Things You Do To Improve You Car So Boldly and With No Hesitation. The Results You Get Are Fantastic and I Love Your Car! For Whatever Reason it Reminds me of a Similar Color Boss 429 I Have Seen in it's Understated Beauty and Purposeful Looks it Has! I Keep thinking it Needs a Callout On the Fender To Seal the Deal!

Maybe I Be So Bold!

VGM
4.6L

VGM
281 In White Or Metallic Silver!

Thanks So Much For Your Continued Stories and Adventures!

It is Appreciated!

KC
Thanks so very much KC. I truly appriciate your kind words. As you know I love to customize things.
That Boss 429 looks amazing. It truly is a beauty, now if only the colour were the same as my car. haha. j/k

@RedFire281 John, I will PM you details.
05stangkc (10/27/23)
Old 10/28/23, 04:12 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,996 Likes on 1,618 Posts
Here are some more kind words for you... I am so amazed and blown away how you transformed this car from being so neglected and practically worthless to even better than it was when built from the factory brand new.... Also, thank you for continuing to share your progress updates as well from start to completion and for sharing all the blood, sweat and tears you put into restoring your Mustang from practically the ground up... Needless to say, in my personal opinion, you would make a fine addition to the "B" is for build team as a fabricator.

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 11/27/23 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Updated Video Part 9
VGMStudios (10/29/23)
Old 2/1/24, 03:35 PM
GT Member

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by VGMStudios

Finally I am also working on customising some extra parts for the car. I bought these side vents a few years ago. Was suppose to put them on my other Mustang but never got a chance.
I always wanted to add some kiond of honeycomb mesh to the vents so its not just a gapping black hole. Turned out pretty good! Did one vent. Now to do the rest.

If I may ask, where did you get the honeycomb material from?
Old 2/28/24, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by dirkpitt289
If I may ask, where did you get the honeycomb material from?
@dirkpitt289 So sorry man for the late reply.
I bought the honeycomb material from Amazon.
Amazon Amazon

Cheers!

Last edited by VGMStudios; 2/28/24 at 07:55 PM.