2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My Girlfriend's daughter Modded my body for me this weekend, not so pretty anymore

Search this Thread

Old 8/27/07, 03:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrkabc
^^^^ BAD ADVICE

Don't lie to your insurance company - if you get caught you would be in a hell of a lot larger mess than a $3k vehicular mishap.

You might get away with it... but then again, you might not. Err on the side of caution and just either report it to insurance and tell the truth or man up and pay to get it fixed on your own.
What he said....
Old 8/27/07, 05:09 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats sucks
Old 8/27/07, 05:40 PM
V6 Member

I feel for you man. My guess would be you will be going the insurance route.
Old 8/27/07, 06:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Should go get a few estimates and then you'll know what damage it actually done.unless I'm missing something all I see is new fender,door skin,mirror ,although there could be some unseen damage,won't know till it is taken apart.
Old 8/27/07, 06:54 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TKEUofM
Tell insurance that it was a hit and run in a parking lot. And since it was on the passenger side, you didn't notice it until you got home.
You might want to read the Conditions section of an insurance policy where it states what happens if a policyholder misrepresents a material fact of an insurance claim.

Dumb advice.
Old 8/27/07, 07:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Great thread, my GF has been reading right along, and loves and appreciates the passion we share for our machines...Got my first estimate today from a very reputable body shop,recommended by a friend of theirs and mine, then when I got there, it turns out I know the guy from childhood, what a small world!
He said around 3000-3200, he is working out a formal estimate tonight, he wants to take the u trim off the rear window and the SHR louvers out because they need to blend in the quarter, and re-shoot the clear on the entire panel...YIKES, NOT THE LOUVERS!!!The painter came out and gave it a look, and thinks he can get down the gap and NOT remove, man, i hope so! Both bumpers also need to be removed!
So for the pics, I would post pics of her and her daughter, but she would KILLL me! Hey, maybe we could take a poll...DUMP OR KEEP...LOL!!!
Old 8/27/07, 07:07 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by davids2toys
So for the pics, I would post pics of her and her daughter, but she would KILLL me! Hey, maybe we could take a poll...DUMP OR KEEP...LOL!!!
Old 8/27/07, 07:16 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Great thread, my GF has been reading right along, and loves and appreciates the passion we share for our machines...Got my first estimate today from a very reputable body shop,recommended by a friend of theirs and mine, then when I got there, it turns out I know the guy from childhood, what a small world!
He said around 3000-3200, he is working out a formal estimate tonight, he wants to take the u trim off the rear window and the SHR louvers out because they need to blend in the quarter, and re-shoot the clear on the entire panel...YIKES, NOT THE LOUVERS!!!The painter came out and gave it a look, and thinks he can get down the gap and NOT remove, man, i hope so! Both bumpers also need to be removed!
I am close to your age and my 5 year marriage just ended. Her daughter started ripping us apart from day 1.
Choice 1. Pay for everything. You will be the hero and expected to do this every time.
Choice 2. Call your insurance company. Report everything exactly as it happened. Teach the kid a lesson in real life.
Choice 1 will never end.
Choice 2 will tell you she cares about the daughter growing up like an adult.
I made my choice.
Old 8/27/07, 07:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by karman
I am close to your age and my 5 year marriage just ended. Her daughter started ripping us apart from day 1.
Choice 1. Pay for everything. You will be the hero and expected to do this every time.
Choice 2. Call your insurance company. Report everything exactly as it happened. Teach the kid a lesson in real life.
Choice 1 will never end.
Choice 2 will tell you she cares about the daughter growing up like an adult.
I made my choice.
Absolutely. It sucks for her, but if she never learns, it won't ever change.
Old 8/27/07, 07:27 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
You might want to read the Conditions section of an insurance policy where it states what happens if a policyholder misrepresents a material fact of an insurance claim.

Dumb advice.
+1, If you are caught lying to the insurance company not only will they have reason to deny your claim they may also up your premium at renewal time (if they don't find a reason to cancel you before then). Tell them the truth about the incident and let them pay for the damages and they'll go back against her insurance...she's responsible for the damages, let her bear the financial responsibility for fixing them. Sometimes thats the best way to make people think a little more about how they drive. Just my .02
Old 8/27/07, 07:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by GhostTX
Actually, stats show that female teen drivers get in more wrecks than males...its just that males get in more expensive wrecks. Hence, the higher insurance rates.
My insurance agent told me it was because teenage males tend to drive nicer cars and drive MORE than teenage females. He said that all his years, speed tended to be a teenage guy's downfall, but lack of attention and common sense was the females. The he shook his head and said something about cell phones that I didn't catch, but I understood. He has a , now, 19 y.o. daughter, and a 20- something son.
Old 8/27/07, 08:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

get all new panels dave, and make sure they are Ford OEM and not the aftermarket ones that some shops liek to use. You rememebr my damage right? that was a 16k claim. i would think in the end its gonna be close to 4k give or take. i feel for ya man as i kno whats its like. guess you have to drive the FJ or the AC Cobra now haha.

good luck with the repairs and let me know if you need anything. youve helped me enough in the past so if theres anything i can do name it! :thumbsup:
Old 8/28/07, 09:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
LOL!
Old 8/28/07, 09:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 94tbird
get all new panels dave, and make sure they are Ford OEM and not the aftermarket ones that some shops liek to use. You rememebr my damage right? that was a 16k claim. i would think in the end its gonna be close to 4k give or take. i feel for ya man as i kno whats its like. guess you have to drive the FJ or the AC Cobra now haha.

good luck with the repairs and let me know if you need anything. youve helped me enough in the past so if theres anything i can do name it! :thumbsup:
Thanks ron, I appreciate it
Old 8/28/07, 11:05 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TKEUofM
Tell insurance that it was a hit and run in a parking lot. And since it was on the passenger side, you didn't notice it until you got home.
So do people in this country actually HAVE morals anymore??
Old 8/28/07, 12:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Estimates differ for insurance and private parties. Let it be know its a p.p. deal and they are more cost concerned. Get a list of parts they say they will need and call up Ford parts to get pricing to see if there is any price hiking. It sucks but stuff happens and nobody got hurt. Your main concern will be paint. You got to do some leg work or thry will stick it to you where the sun .............
Old 8/28/07, 04:20 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Dude, that sucks big ones. Yet more proof to the age old saying about a certain sex's ability to drive, I've only seen a few exceptions to the rule...btw, Danica Patrick is still stalling out in pit lane.
Old 8/28/07, 06:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, I think HER insurance has to foot the bill, not yours.......RIGHT??
Old 8/29/07, 06:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
Maybe just a 20 word description will work then did you get any estamates yet?
Old 8/29/07, 09:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
Maybe just a 20 word description will work then did you get any estamates yet?
3 so far....3200, 2052, and1979

Quick Reply: My Girlfriend's daughter Modded my body for me this weekend, not so pretty anymore