2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My girlfriend loves me

Search this Thread

Old 6/14/05, 10:46 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love my new mustang and it loves me. I can go out all night and my mustang does not say "Where have you been?" I can look at another mustang and my mustang does not say "Why are you lookin at that female dog?"

N.B. female dog was not my idea thats the mustang source, grammaticl correction.
Old 6/15/05, 08:14 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had an 04 Intrepid SXT. I still get roughly the same gas mileage ~20MPG with my driving style and my insurance only went up $180/year.

I think the thing with the gas mileage is that when I pass, I'd slam the gas on the intrepid. On the mustang, I'd still slam the gas , just not for as long a time.
Old 6/15/05, 10:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by COJ@June 13, 2005, 8:46 PM
Hey guys, I just thought you'd like to know how much my girlfriend kicks booty. I'm saving up for a new mustang for next year and ever since the '05 model came out, I can't go a day without talking about how much I want one. Well, my 25th birthday was this past friday and she surprised me by saying "I can't buy you a new car, but this is the next best thing." So she drives me up to the ford dealership and rents me one for the weekend of my birthday. I'm 25, so technically I can rent cars! Yeah, got a '05 V6 (they don't rent GTs) Legend Lime convertible!! Awesome, absolutely amazing. Sure it's Houston and it's hot, but who cares! Top went down immediately and drove off.

Anyways, I have to return it tomorrow unfortunately and go back to my wonderful '99 Corolla, but I wanted some of your guys' and girls' opinions. I'm really glad I had the chance to keep it for so long, this way I can get a better idea of what type of car it is. As much as I wanted the GT before, I finally realized how much gas it eats up, and I only drove the V6. I mean I think Ford put a gas dispenser button on this thing to just dump gas, sure it's the accelerator, but oh well. I planned on buying this as my daily driver since I would give the Corolla to my brother who needs it. So I would have to spend big $ on gas. Also, being 25 I'm afraid the insurance (despite going down some) will be quite high. Plus I'm applying to both med & nursing school, so I'm not sure if I should dish out this much $$ on the car and for driving it. Another thing is I'm not sure if I am fond of sporty suspensions, just the stiff ride, feeling every bump on the road. So I thought about just getting a regular sedan, like the new Jetta which starts @ $18k. We'll see. I do love the look and power of the car though, that is unmistakable. So I'm not sure what to do, just wanted opinions to save for the Mustang or go with a sedan that's a little more comfortable. Regardless I won't buy til end of this year or next year b/c I'm saving up so I have time. Thanks for the input! I'll try to get some pics of the car before I have to return her tomorrow :notnice:
Bad gas mileage and expensive insurance is not some you should be considering when buying a sports car. If it is, stick with your sedan.