2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

My first DRIVE...an objective overview

Search this Thread

Old 11/20/04, 05:20 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Steve....I got a few nails and I'm cutting down some hardwood trees. Shall I make a cross...got a hammer???

Let the buyer beware, there are alot of irresponsible people out there

BTW: is this not a performance car? Does the manual say it needs breaking in? The answer is a big NOOOOOO! Besides, if it couldn't handle the way I drove it, why would anyone want one anyway????

I remember a few performance cars I bought in the past...the salesman took me for a test drive and "showed me what it could do". seems pretty normal to me.

Steve....your just an ****, angry man posing as someone who's looking out for the foolish ones. Trust me, you aren't helping anyone.

Speaking of fools, how 'bout you: would you buy a new performance car with 100 miles on the odometer? If so, how do you think those miles were driven?

As for me, I wouldn't buy a new car period...unless I ordered it Used cars are the way to go most of the time. when you are ready, I'll sell you mine and , guess what, I'll even show you what she can do
Old 11/20/04, 05:49 PM
GT Member

Here is some reading for you Steve: http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

You might be HURTING your engine by NOT running it hard early!
Old 11/20/04, 06:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by r22tech@November 20, 2004, 6:52 PM
Here is some reading for you Steve: http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

You might be HURTING your engine by NOT running it hard early!
Did you miss the part where the author is talking about breaking in YOUR OWN engine, not someone else's?

And, test driving and flogging someone else's still-on-the-lot new car for pure merriment or entertainment is not responsibly 'breaking it in', at least in most owners' views. Certainly not in mine.

That is where we disagree.

Peace.
Old 11/20/04, 07:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok I'm in my 05 Mustang GT with about 50 miles on it. At about 30 I put my foot to the floor till about 80, I then backed off. Wanted to see what my car was all about. I agree you don't feel the speed not like my 93 Vette where you felt like you were in an Indy car but it wasn't like a 500SL which is more like a lear jet. I know from my 300C until about 7,000 miles it didn't fully open up. I know once this is broken in it will even be faster. I don't think putting your foot to the floor once in a while during the beginning hurts anything. It's not like you reved it and dropped it in gear.
Old 11/20/04, 08:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by upstate@November 20, 2004, 8:57 PM
I don't think putting your foot to the floor once in a while during the beginning hurts anything. It's not like you reved it and dropped it in gear.
I totally agree that smooth, linear acceleration runs should not be construed as being harmful, nor are they as potentially damaging as a brutal, full throttle launch to a new motor ('revving it and dropping it in gear').

But - shifting a manual at high rpm's (with enough engine rpm to 'chirp' the tires), does indeed pose an as yet unquantified potential for damage to a motor/drivetrain that is not 'broken in'.

Sounds like you've got a great car! I love the Torch Red. Enjoy.