2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Mustang GT Rice Challengers

Search this Thread

Old 5/11/05, 03:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every other day or so I get a punk driving Uncle Ben's shopping cart. These are always complete with a shopping cart handle on the trunk and a coffee can on the end of their exhaust pipe.

Don't forget the backwards white hat, the earring, no shirt, and a cute little tatt on the shoulder.

They usually rev their coffee can and look at me like I'd grace their stupidity. I don't. Why prove what is already known. A Mustang GT can beat any shopping cart even if it is made in Japan.

Has anyone had a familiar experience?
Old 5/11/05, 03:43 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by dswhalen@May 11, 2005, 3:42 PM
Every other day or so I get a punk driving Uncle Ben's shopping cart. These are always complete with a shopping cart handle on the trunk and a coffee can on the end of their exhaust pipe.

Don't forget the backwards white hat, the earring, no shirt, and a cute little tatt on the shoulder.

They usually rev their coffee can and look at me like I'd grace their stupidity. I don't. Why prove what is already known. A Mustang GT can beat any shopping cart even if it is made in Japan.

Has anyone had a familiar experience?
I don't know about ANY shopping cart. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely can't stand Japanese cars (just my personal preference), but a WRX STI or one of the new EVOs could probably lay the smack down on a GT. That is if you consider them "shopping carts".
Old 5/11/05, 04:01 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My best story is when I was on 26W in SC. I was minding my own buisness, cruise set at 80 in the right lane. I'm coming up on a semi and have to slow down because there's a :R: next to me. - He slows down too. - Now we're doing 65, he's on my left just behind my bumper. - So I gun it, get ahead, merge left, pass semi, merge right and continue to mind my own business. He comes up along side of me and this repeats itself. Then he pulls along side, revs his engine and jumps on it - I do nothing. He slows back down and does it again. Third time I decide OK, he goes, I go to 115. It didn't look like he even moved, even though I heard him get on it.
Then he gets behind me in the right lane and is on my butt. Now I'm getting pissed. He follows me for a couple of miles on my butt and I see an exit ramp. I get off so he'll go away, and plan to merge right back on with him far enough ahead of me...
HE FOLLOWS ME OFF THE RAMP!!! :bang:
Light turns green, I slam through the gears and merge in about 20 cars ahead of him... never saw him again
Old 5/11/05, 04:21 PM

YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT ! THEY ARE SLEEPERS !

Some of those small imports are packing alot of horsepower. Their power to weight ratio will get you. They can easily open a can of whoop hiney on any V8.

I have personally seen these cars run at the local drag strip and I would not want to mess with any of those cars....
Old 5/11/05, 04:41 PM
Bullitt Member

I bought this car from Capistrano Ford in SoCal. I drove it home to Utah. While in AZ I was passed by a VW Jetta doing over 100mph. I was doing 82 in a 75. Just ahead a purple Neon with a shopping cart handle, a coffee can tale pipe, and white wheels which was going slower than me. When I got next to him he jumped on it. I increased my speed and he did too. I jumped on the gas and the Mustang easily went around him. I did this because a car was coming up behind me at over 100mph. The problem I had, it was an AZ DPS (AHP) coming after the VW. He pulled me over instead and said I was doing 103 which I easily could have been doing (I wasn't watching).
He said he could have pulled any of us over but hadn't seen the new Mustang yet. He was very friendly and wanted to know all about the car. He wrote my ticket down to 85 in a 75 and told me to slow down.

I also had a mullet in a late model Pontiac TA rev his motor and try to race me. He screamed Ford's stink. I didn't even turn my head for him. :notnice:
Old 5/11/05, 04:45 PM
I lust for a M24

That's the first time that we've been able to confirm that driving the '05 (as opposed to any other car) has actually cost someone a ticket. Usually they say 'nice car, and have a nice day' after getting a good look at it.
Sorry 'bout your luck.
Old 5/11/05, 05:13 PM
V6 Member

My car is pretty quick, but I don't think i could beat a new GT in a straight line. I also don't have a huge wing or coffee can exhaust, and tend to keep my speed at 9 over
Old 5/11/05, 05:15 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
RX7 TT those things are insane
Old 5/11/05, 06:25 PM
Bullitt Member

You guys kill me!
If you think that a stock 300HP GT can take anything on the road, you are in for a big big surprise!
I don't like any car with big tacky wings, Honda, Mustang or otherwise... (except maybe a Superbird or Daytona ) but don't automatically assume that it's not fast because it's Japaneese...
Reminds me of a night last year at my local drag strip; one of the Flowmaster specials in my Mustang club lines-up against this clapped-out looking '88ish white Prelude. Flowmaster boy does the full vroom vroom vroom big smoke burnout and finaly comes to the line. The 'Lude gives it a little shot to clean the tires, and then also lines-up. Long story short? The 'Lude runs 12.8, Mustang boy? Who remembers but it was not pretty... no more big smoky burn-outs for him that night... :nono:
Paul
Old 5/11/05, 06:30 PM
Bullitt Member

As I was entering the on ramp of this highway near my house this punk kid in a neon was driving on the highway right as I entered it. He was reving his annoying fart canned exhaust trying to get me to race I just waved him off and gave him this :notnice: . So for 2 miles he was reving his annoying neon at me. I was in one lane on the right of this 4 lane highway(2 lanes going in each direction) and he was right next to me in the other lane. This punk kid with the hat backwards and looking over at me to see if I would make a move, meanwhile my girlfriend is laughing her butt off at him. So as we were driving I was fast approaching this car going a little slower then me in my lane, so I had 2 choices. 1. slow down and let the punk neon pass so I could get behind him to pass this other car in my lane or 2 upshift into 3rd and waste this stinker of a neon. Well I choose number 2 and that annoying little punk could not even keep up with me so I passed him and the other car got into the other lane and slowed down to go the speed limit because it was not worth getting a ticket for racing this punk kid. he finally passed me and started back up with a eclipse ahead of me. Yes it is nice to have a car with guts but not one that is named Subaru WRX or neon especially ones that are ugly as those cars. So the next time some punk kid says hey I can beat your Mustang just tell him yea so your car is still a neon or a boxy Subaru. I tell you I never heard any girl say nice car to a guy in a Neon or WRX. You get respect driving a car like the Mustang.
Old 5/11/05, 07:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Super Sonic Blue Mustang@May 11, 2005, 6:33 PM
As I was entering the on ramp of this highway near my house this punk kid in a neon was driving on the highway right as I entered it. He was reving his annoying fart canned exhaust trying to get me to race I just waved him off and gave him this :notnice: . So for 2 miles he was reving his annoying neon at me. I was in one lane on the right of this 4 lane highway(2 lanes going in each direction) and he was right next to me in the other lane. This punk kid with the hat backwards and looking over at me to see if I would make a move, meanwhile my girlfriend is laughing her butt off at him. So as we were driving I was fast approaching this car going a little slower then me in my lane, so I had 2 choices. 1. slow down and let the punk neon pass so I could get behind him to pass this other car in my lane or 2 upshift into 3rd and waste this stinker of a neon. Well I choose number 2 and that annoying little punk could not even keep up with me so I passed him and the other car got into the other lane and slowed down to go the speed limit because it was not worth getting a ticket for racing this punk kid. he finally passed me and started back up with a eclipse ahead of me. Yes it is nice to have a car with guts but not one that is named Subaru WRX or neon especially ones that are ugly as those cars. So the next time some punk kid says hey I can beat your Mustang just tell him yea so your car is still a neon or a boxy Subaru. I tell you I never heard any girl say nice car to a guy in a Neon or WRX. You get respect driving a car like the Mustang.

your story reminds me of a few weeks ago. I was on a service road for the main highway here (2 lanes), and this guy pulls up to me and right away starts reving his fartcan and looking over at me. We are in heavy traffic and there is nowhere to go, I dunno what eh was even thinking. I wave him a no so he won't waste his time and continue on my way. He rides alongside me for a good 10 minurtes before I finally turned off, the whole time reving at me. It was pretty funny for the most part, then got plain annoying.
Old 5/11/05, 08:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by My05Stang@May 11, 2005, 3:24 PM
YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT ! THEY ARE SLEEPERS !

Some of those small imports are packing alot of horsepower. Their power to weight ratio will get you. They can easily open a can of whoop azz on any V8.

I have personally seen these cars run at the local drag strip and I would not want to mess with any of those cars....
But no matter how fast they are, they don't SOUND like they have any power. Just some angry bees in a can. I prefer the deep agressive powerful sound the V8 has.
Old 5/11/05, 08:39 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

what does sound have to do with performance? :scratch:
Old 5/11/05, 08:54 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Super Sonic Blue Mustang@May 11, 2005, 6:33 PM
...or 2 upshift into 3rd and waste this stinker of a neon...
I think you mean downshift, unless you had in second gear on the highway.
Old 5/11/05, 08:58 PM
Bullitt Member

I dont believe it, everyone knows the vtec can neva lose.
Old 5/11/05, 09:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by My05Stang@May 11, 2005, 4:24 PM
They can easily open a can of whoop azz on any V8.

ANY V8, yeah I heard john force was going to an inline 4 next year.
Old 5/11/05, 10:09 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

I respect alot of those ricers.. around here quite a few are packing nitro.. They outfit them just down the road and small garage where the ricer drivers hang. I have watched several speed week shows and some of those cars are pulling low 10-11 sec qtr miles.
However I do have a funny story about a Dodge Neon from last saturday. A guy pulled up next to me in a metallic/silver Dodge Neon SRT-4 all tinted out and reving the engine. I smiled over at him and I think he thought I was gonna race, but I just watched. When the light hit green he was reving up and he dumped the clutch. He wheel hopped away through the intersection at a suprisingly unimpressive pace. The most bizzare thing was his dual exhaust was po-go-ing up and down about 6-8 inches :shock: as he attempted to rocket off the line. I thought the exhaust was going to smack the road. It was one of the funnier experiences I have had.
To say the least I didnt race the kid I Didnt need the ticket.

http://www-5.dodge.com/vehsuite/VehicleCompare.jsp
Old 5/11/05, 11:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Section8@May 11, 2005, 4:16 PM
My car is pretty quick, but I don't think i could beat a new GT in a straight line. I also don't have a huge wing or coffee can exhaust, and tend to keep my speed at 9 over
Of all the cars an RX7 is a great car. But you have had too many years of rice and your new GT will cure you.
Old 5/12/05, 06:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Dave I know exactly what you mean.......When I see them in my rear view I go
Old 5/12/05, 06:04 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by dswhalen+May 11, 2005, 11:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dswhalen @ May 11, 2005, 11:33 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Section8@May 11, 2005, 4:16 PM
Of all the cars an RX7 is a great car. But you have had too many years of rice and your new GT will cure you.
[/b][/quote]
Uhh, an RX-7 is not rice. Neither is the Z, NSX, Supra, among others, none of those are rice either.

Quick Reply: Mustang GT Rice Challengers