2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Mustang Caravan Spotted...with Pics

Search this Thread

Old 9/9/04, 10:18 AM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it's just that the Silver GT is not pulled up as far as the two sixers. If they had pulled the Gt up over the curb, it would probably look the same. Look at the first picture... the one showing the rear of the cars. The Gt is parked a good bit further back. I'm sure they are the same height.
Old 9/9/04, 10:41 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had hoped to see a Sonic Blue in the lineup
Old 9/9/04, 11:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by acadian@September 9, 2004, 6:21 PM
I think it's just that the Silver GT is not pulled up as far as the two sixers. If they had pulled the Gt up over the curb, it would probably look the same. Look at the first picture... the one showing the rear of the cars. The Gt is parked a good bit further back. I'm sure they are the same height.
That is correct, it is exactly like that
Old 9/9/04, 12:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Galaxie@September 9, 2004, 6:13 AM
Spoiler or not, there are no sonic blue GT's here
WHERE ARE ALL THE SONIC BLUE GTs?

I would like to see more of the sonic blue gts since I'm thinking of getting one.

Ona a side note....nice pics though. I think the picture would look better at a classic drive-in dining place though.
Old 9/9/04, 01:36 PM
Cobra Member

nice pics!
Old 9/9/04, 01:50 PM
GT Member

I'm diggin the CB antenna's...
Old 9/9/04, 01:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Any shots of these babies going down the road together??? :scratch:
Old 9/9/04, 01:53 PM
Cobra Member

i wish
Old 9/9/04, 02:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by CarlsV6@September 9, 2004, 1:53 PM
thats an optional CB package.
Old 9/9/04, 02:10 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by GT40 2+September 9, 2004, 2:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GT40 2 @ September 9, 2004, 2:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-CarlsV6@September 9, 2004, 1:53 PM
thats an optional CB package. [/b][/quote]
Awesome, is there a whole general lee package with pushbar, orange paint, and confederate flag????
Old 9/9/04, 06:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by acadian@September 9, 2004, 3:07 PM

The spoiler doesn't cost anything more to get. It has nothing to do with money. And if you choose to get the spoiler delete option, you get no credit. So, with or without spoiler the car costs the same. If you don't like the spoiler, that's your opinion. Just don't try and force it on others by using false pretences. A spoiler is all about looks. At least the one on the Mustang. You get it if you like how it looks. I personally like the way it looks, and will be getting the spoiler on mine. If you don't like it, then don't get it.
So far judging from the pic's I have seen I have to say I like it better with the Spoiler. To be honest Both Times I've seen the 05 I really didn't even notice the spoiler, so to me that says it is well integrated with the design. Also however, I like 69-73 Mustangs with Spoilers, so it's kinda like a Heritage thing to me as well.

Here's a Crazy Idea for you guys that aren't sure about the Spoiler Delete, Ask your salesman if you can order your 05 with the spoiler uninstalled, but sent with your car so you can decide wheather or not you want to have your dealer install it if you decide you don't like it without it. If you do like it without the spoiler you could then sell it, or work something out with your dealer for service or something in trade for it.
Old 9/9/04, 06:32 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by TampaBear67@September 9, 2004, 7:30 PM
Here's a Crazy Idea for you guys that aren't sure about the Spoiler Delete, Ask your salesman if you can order your 05 with the spoiler uninstalled, but sent with your car so you can decide wheather or not you want to have your dealer install it if you decide you don't like it without it. If you do like it without the spoiler you could then sell it, or work something out with your dealer for service or something in trade for it
As cool as that would be, I am sure that it can't be done that way, the days of 2x4 carb setups in the trunk for dealer install are over sadly.

For the ones who are not sure about keeping the spoiler or not, just roam the dealers when the car hits the lot and see if you like it with or without.
Old 9/9/04, 06:37 PM
Cobra Member

I'm sure all the Sonic Blues are being placed on trucks to ship to dealers
Old 9/9/04, 06:41 PM
Banned

I bet the guy that parked backwards slammed it in there hard being a showoff
Old 9/9/04, 06:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by acadian+September 9, 2004, 7:07 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (acadian @ September 9, 2004, 7:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rhumb@September 9, 2004, 7:57 AM
Yeah, deadweight, aerodynamic drag and the weight of your money to pay for it.

But hey, if it's your ride, your money, and your eyes, go for it.
The spoiler doesn't cost anything more to get. It has nothing to do with money. And if you choose to get the spoiler delete option, you get no credit. So, with or without spoiler the car costs the same. If you don't like the spoiler, that's your opinion. Just don't try and force it on others by using false pretences. A spoiler is all about looks. At least the one on the Mustang. You get it if you like how it looks. I personally like the way it looks, and will be getting the spoiler on mine. If you don't like it, then don't get it. [/b][/quote]
Exactly, it is all about looks.

So, when I look at a car with a tacked-on useless spoiler, I think:

"That owner cares more about appearance than function".

But then again, I'm one of those who, at car shows, crawls under the car when the rest of the people look at spoilers and tinting and other eye-candy.

(Back in the day I remember discovering that the Eagle Talon at the Chicago Auto Show was, for the show, a badged-up 2WD version because Eagle hadn't actually built out a 4WD version yet... LOL nobody else discovers that if they point at the wings and ground effects and plus-one tire upgrades)
Old 9/9/04, 07:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

I want a spoiler just not the factory one but I will get it and hope for an aftermarket one that fits in the factory holes. Hopefully someone will make a retro Boss style spoiler.
Old 9/9/04, 07:32 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Grantsdale@September 9, 2004, 8:44 PM
I bet the guy that parked backwards slammed it in there hard being a showoff
eh....I always thought car guys "backed-in" their cars. Its a better form of presentation to the rest of the parking lot
Old 9/9/04, 08:09 PM

Originally posted by mr-mstng@September 9, 2004, 6:04 AM
Anyone know where these pix were taken?
these pictures were taken at the KFC/A&W on whitecreek road in Cedar springs Michigan, About 20 miles north of grand rapids.

I was driving home from my friends house and i saw one of thise and screamed to myself "HOLY S***" and drove home as fast as i could to get my digi cam, i got up there and started taking pictures of them, the pictures really dont to them justice.

the only reason i took the pics is because i wanted to make a friend jelous. he's a huge stang fan (his mom used to have a '67 289 coupe) then i saw a guy standing out side of the buliding smokeing he looked kinda dressed up like he was dressed for a funeral or something, He said that they were on a 500 mile test drive, i asked if he minded if i took some pictures (not that i wouldn't have anyways) and he said it was cool, then i asked if i could get a few under the hood shots and he said he didn't think he could.

as i was driving by the wendy's that was next door i saw 3 more of the '05's wich puts the grand total to 11.

the next day i drove by again around the same time and they were there again.
it was awsome. you guys are free to post these pics in other forums and stuff just make sure that i get credit for them.
Old 9/9/04, 08:24 PM
scs

Things keep changing....

I wonder if these are a couple of the V6 manuals out for a spin to
check whatever problem is holding up the build of these??????

V6 manual and sensor issue delays the build for awhile....

By any chance did you get to see whether they were manuals or autos?
Old 9/9/04, 08:26 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
scs,

the difference is the yellow V6 has the black plastic lower grille insert that everyone loves

skife, welcome to the site, great job

Quick Reply: Mustang Caravan Spotted...with Pics