2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

mustang 2005 -future designs

Search this Thread

Old 4/27/04, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also I really like to use of flat black on the rocker panels and believe that it should
be incorporated into the lower door and bumper areas as on the Audi --This gives
it a very X series look of futuristic aircraft. Remember the importance of the aerospace industry to automobiles of the 60s
why would Ford want to ruin the design of the stang with cheap looking plastic
Old 4/27/04, 08:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Aaahhh, to be appreciated. B) First we get the concept was better, now we are getting they should make it look like an airplane?????????????
????????????????
????????????????
?????????????????
?????????????????
I don't get it. By the response everywhere I have seen Ford has done the best possible job styling for mass appeal, with the exception of those who are still stuck in 2000 and in love with the concept or just of some bizarre opinion about what cars should look like. Such as yourself.
If anything it's already too euro, everyone who see's this car and isn't familiar with it comments on how it looks like an old Bimmer.
Old 4/27/04, 08:41 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

My head hurts after reading this topic.

Mustangview, in the future don't post three times on this website to try to get Ford's attention, you're just getting mods like me annoyed.

But, I'll let you have your 5 minutes of fame before I kill this thread.
Old 4/27/04, 08:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Dan.. I know we've had our differences in the past... But please allow Mustangview to voice his opinion? If he can't here than where?
Yeah right. I almost fooled you didn't I. I would like to point out that I was the first to dismiss all of these threads as nonsense. See my rant in the other one. this ish.
Old 4/27/04, 09:09 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by kevinb120@Apr. 28th, 2004, 12:16 AM
Is it just me or does every youngster become a "euro-nut" right before they get their license?
Not everyone, now. :nono:

I wanted to get a T-Bird from the time I was 14, and by God I got a '95 T-Bird. Woulda gone for a Mustang, but it just wasn't practical for hauling friends and gear to and from sports practices, games, etc. Also the insurance would have killed me, b/c I would have had to get a GT.

Man, America rocks.
Old 4/27/04, 09:18 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by icwspiker3@Apr. 27th, 2004, 5:51 PM
i agree mustangfan, when i pull up, you see the fog lamps, you KNOW i got a GT
ahem.

-I am maybe going to get a V6 and put in the GT grille. Don't worry though, I'm not gonna make it look exactly like the GT...
Old 4/27/04, 09:21 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Badandy+Apr. 28th, 2004, 3:21 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Badandy @ Apr. 28th, 2004, 3:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-icwspiker3@Apr. 27th, 2004, 5:51 PM
i agree mustangfan, when i pull up, you see the fog lamps, you KNOW i got a GT
ahem.

-I am maybe going to get a V6 and put in the GT grille. Don't worry though, I'm not gonna make it look exactly like the GT... [/b][/quote]
So no fake dual exhaust??? I love it when in the winter exhaust appears only out of one tip.
Old 4/27/04, 09:27 PM
Cobra Member

Ya know, I knew someone like you would come along. Criticizing me for putting in a GT grille.
IMO, I think it looks better than the V-6's.
Honestly though, what is wrong with me wanting to make a V-6 looks better, all of a sudden it takes ciriticism because it is on the GT. That is ridiculous. And no, not completely fake duals. Just a Y-Pipe. True duals would release too much back pressure.
Old 4/27/04, 09:34 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by Badandy@Apr. 28th, 2004, 3:30 AM
Ya know, I knew someone like you would come along. Criticizing me for putting in a GT grille.
Honestly though, what is wrong with me wanting to make a V-6 looks better, all of a sudden it takes ciriticism because it is on the GT. That is ridiculous. And no, not completely fake duals. Just a Y-Pipe. True duals would release too much back pressure.
You got me wrong badandy, I think you have taste personally. I love the fogs and think they rock. More power to you for putting 'em on.

I'm just kidding in response to your "I'm not going to make it look exactly like a GT" comment.

I've seen ricers put a fake tip and not even connect it up. I don't mind even if you have a single exhaust setup and want two tips, just do it right so you don't look like an idiot.
Old 4/27/04, 09:37 PM
Bullitt Member

... There are going to be a lot of hard to clock stangs on the road, so many v6 grilles on gts and vice versa. Won't be safe to rev on anyone.
I don't really have a problem with changing the v6 grille, of course to avoid comments like that you could just get a custom grille done with some fogs. Thats what I would do.
Old 4/27/04, 09:39 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by VillianousBlak@Apr. 28th, 2004, 3:40 AM
... There are going to be a lot of hard to clock stangs on the road, so many v6 grilles on gts and vice versa. Won't be safe to rev on anyone.
I don't really have a problem with changing the v6 grille, of course to avoid comments like that you could just get a custom grille done with some fogs. Thats what I would do.
A comment like what?
Old 4/27/04, 09:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Criticism for putting a GT grille in a V6. Or at least the insinuation that because he chooses a GT grille he's one of the ricers who puts on fake duals and badges.
It's obvious you weren't serious, but lots of people would have to make an issue out of that.
Old 4/27/04, 09:50 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by VillianousBlak@Apr. 28th, 2004, 3:51 AM
Criticism for putting a GT grille in a V6. Or at least the insinuation that because he chooses a GT grille he's one of the ricers who puts on fake duals and badges.
It's obvious you weren't serious, but lots of people would have to make an issue out of that.
For the record Villanous, I was serious. But not about putting Fogs in the grille. I see no problem with people customizing their 6 with GT and Cobra parts. But I draw the line with fake badges. A fake second tip that isn't hooked up at all is just something funny I decided to mention.

I just want to make sure you weren't refering to me. :nono:
Old 4/27/04, 11:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Fogs are equally styling for a GT as they would be on a 6. Badging is a different thing.
Old 4/27/04, 11:21 PM
GT Member

all my point was is that there's a little more this year to seperate the GT from a V6 (a topic that hasnt been touched on lately, im sure it came up immediately after the cars were shown however) between the badges, fake gas cap, front and rear, fog lamps, etc, there 'should' be enough difference between the V6 and GT that GT owners feel a little more in a class by themselves, i kno nowadays you have to look for certain things on a mustang to even try and tell, because they're physically identically (for the most part)

Ford supposedly went out of their way to make two different cars, and blessed the GT owners by not forcing a f'ugly license plate indention on the front of their cars

and i have yet to see a fake exhaust, or at least spot one, one of my personal faves is when a Ricer adds a body kit with TWO holes for exhaust, yet only has one tip and an empty hole, ive seen too many of those to count, cracks me up everytime

and thanks to whoever slapped him for the Audi comment, but im still waitin for a lock, dan-o!
Old 4/28/04, 02:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Worst
Thread
Ever
Old 4/28/04, 10:24 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Dan+Apr. 27th, 2004, 9:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dan @ Apr. 27th, 2004, 9:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Badandy@Apr. 28th, 2004, 3:30 AM
You got me wrong badandy, I think you have taste personally. I love the fogs and think they rock. More power to you for putting 'em on.

I'm just kidding in response to your "I'm not going to make it look exactly like a GT" comment.

I've seen ricers put a fake tip and not even connect it up. I don't mind even if you have a single exhaust setup and want two tips, just do it right so you don't look like an idiot. [/b][/quote]
Gotcha. I hope you can realize how I could misunderstand that.
Old 4/29/04, 02:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Dan@Apr. 27th, 2004, 9:53 PM
I see no problem with people customizing their 6 with GT and Cobra parts. But I draw the line with fake badges. A fake second tip that isn't hooked up at all is just something funny I decided to mention.
He says in his best fake Mexican federale accent:

"Fake badges? We don't need no stinking fake badges!"

The only acceptable fake badges are V6 emblems on a heavily modified GT packing 500 ponies.

Dan, the ghost of Harley Earl has entered into this thread and scared all the true Ford believers....

And now he says, "Land the plane.... or is that my car?"