2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

MR. Gasket Project car

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/06, 06:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile MR. Gasket Project car

I wanted to come in and tell all what has been happening lately since I havn't been in in awhile. I joined a racing group called the UMTR http://www.umtrdragrace.com/ The United Manual Transmission Racers. It is a great group of guys that only race manual trannies. Our sponsor is MR. Gasket. While talking with a gentleman named Bill Pasco from Gasket, he asked if I would be interested in letting them use my vehicle for a little R&D. I said sure as long as it didn't get cut up. They started off by coming up with a way to hook up and mount the solenoid for the Hurst roll control.The are supposed to come out with a install kit specific for the s197. They also istalled upper and lower control arms and adjustable panhard bar all from Lakewood. Then they installed a tunnel brace and driveshaft safety loop. This past week they took off the Panhard bar and added a Watts Link. I don't know alot about this item but what I do know is that the car handles like it is on rails. You thought this car was fun to drive before...put one of theses on and you will never want to drive in a straight line again. If there is any questions feel free to ask and I will try to answere them or pass them on.
Attached Images  
Old 10/2/06, 10:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

you get to keep all this stuff for free? i hope it doesnt happen but god forbid they damage the car or gernade the engine, is it your problemn or will they take care of it for you?
Old 10/2/06, 04:30 PM
Bullitt Member

I get to keep the stuff and they repair the vehicle if something goes wrong, but they are very careful and very qualified so its all good
Old 10/2/06, 04:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by mark221
I get to keep the stuff and they repair the vehicle if something goes wrong, but they are very careful and very qualified so its all good
THAT.....IS.....AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Old 10/2/06, 05:49 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Think you could talk them into a shorter shifter handle. And maybe putting an angle in it like the old style Hurst shifters for the Mustang.
Old 10/2/06, 06:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by StangNut
Think you could talk them into a shorter shifter handle. And maybe putting an angle in it like the old style Hurst shifters for the Mustang.

they already have them. check their website or summitracing.com
Old 10/2/06, 08:22 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
The only ones they have on there are even taller than the one that comes with the shifter... unless they've put something new on there recently.
I tried to contact them back when I got my shifter to find out which ones would fit, but everytime I contact them, I somehow get the village idiot. (I had was also trying to find out the part number for the black stock style handle. That only took two months to find out)

EDIT: Just checked the website again. Still no handles listed for 391-0200 or 391-0201 so the website doesn't help. Do you have some inside knowledge that might help? It would greatly appreciated.
Old 10/2/06, 09:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The only ones they have on there are even taller than the one that comes with the shifter... unless they've put something new on there recently.
I tried to contact them back when I got my shifter to find out which ones would fit, but everytime I contact them, I somehow get the village idiot. (I had was also trying to find out the part number for the black stock style handle. That only took two months to find out)

EDIT: Just checked the website again. Still no handles listed for 391-0200 or 391-0201 so the website doesn't help. Do you have some inside knowledge that might help? It would greatly appreciated.

I would be interested in that myself. Good idea there StangNut!
Old 10/3/06, 06:09 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Hey Mark . . .

I race in the UMTR down here in Cincinnati. I didn't race for points this year because of my schedule, but raced in a few races this year and last. On my local site stangbangerz.com we have numerous threads about the UMTR. And good luck with the little R&D
Old 10/4/06, 04:07 PM
Bullitt Member

I will pass on the info to the Hurst R&D guy. They are always looking for input as to what people want...so I'll let you know.
Old 10/4/06, 04:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
Hey Mark . . .

I race in the UMTR down here in Cincinnati. I didn't race for points this year because of my schedule, but raced in a few races this year and last. On my local site stangbangerz.com we have numerous threads about the UMTR. And good luck with the little R&D
Racing with this group is the most fun I have had racing. It worked out well for the first year and is really taking off. I'm going to try to make your event on the 21st. If I get my car back in time.