2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

More News

Search this Thread

Old 8/19/04, 10:03 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In continuing with my tiny bit of new info threads..... I spoke with a mustang design guy last night while attempting to get him to engauge in a racing activity. He had a beautiful 01 cobra in dark blue...but anyways...he got to drive the 05 for a weekend....and while his thoughts are just that, heres what he said.

1) "the thing had ***** for being a gt....the only thing slowing it down was the weight....overall i was really impressed"

2) "The seats are really comfortable....the one major thing i noticed was that you sit really low in this car...and the door comes up really high...its kinda different but i liked it"

3) "The new cobra is going to be insane!"

He said he didnt work directly with SVT but knew of what they were doing...and said that insurance is going to be insane because it doubles after 400 hp....hence the 03-04 cobra is at 390. So much for cheap insurance rates on the 07 cobra

No shocking news but hey any news is good news. Its good to hear a cobra owner say that he was impressed with the gt overall.

Oh yea one more thing....i get to ride in a lime green (possibly gt...dunno yet) 05 tonight....i will be sure to give you guys a full report if everything works out. I am pumped!
Old 8/19/04, 10:06 AM
Bullitt Member

still usefull info. i cant wait for the gt to come but like i say about all expensive cars, if you can afford to pay for the car, you can afford to pay the insurance on it.
Old 8/19/04, 10:11 AM
GT Member

Very nice, thanks. I sat in the car at a show last Saturday and the first thing I noticed when I closed the door is wow the window sill is very high. The top of the door was at least at my shoulder level and I am tall. Very low seating position coupled with high window makes for a different feel. In most cars I can look out the window and see the ground very near to the side of the car. Looking out the window in the 05 I could only see the ground 6 or 7 feet from the car unless I put my face against the glass. I think it will take some getting used to.
Old 8/19/04, 10:23 AM
GT Member

Insurance won't double over 400 HP. I priced insurance for the Dodge Viper a year ago, and it was around $100 per month with my good drivinig record... It will be high, just don't get any speeding tickets before you purchase the new Cobra. When it comes to performance, you have to pay to play....
Old 8/19/04, 11:43 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Shelby Roadster@August 19, 2004, 10:26 AM
Insurance won't double over 400 HP. I priced insurance for the Dodge Viper a year ago, and it was around $100 per month with my good drivinig record... It will be high, just don't get any speeding tickets before you purchase the new Cobra. When it comes to performance, you have to pay to play....
The major difference between a Viper and a Cobra (or Mustang of any kind) is how many are produced and how many are wrecked. Insurance on Vipers and Corvettes is cheaper than on Mustangs, period. I've checked it out personally. Cobra insurance will be