2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

MEXICO CITY CRASH!

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/05, 05:15 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is nothing wrong with drinking too much, as long as you have the common sense to get someone else to drive that night.

Youth + Booze + Power = trouble.

Waste of a car and a life.

I am going out tonight, I am probably going to drink, but my friend is driving, so that's ok... simple as that.
Old 6/4/05, 06:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by focusharley@June 3, 2005, 6:08 AM
HE LOST CONTROL IN THE HIGHWAY, AND IT FELL DOWN 40 FEETS.
darn those Mexican Roads :bang:
Old 6/4/05, 06:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by JustFord0099@June 4, 2005, 6:22 PM
thatll buff right out :shock:
If thats not getting old I don't know what is.
Old 6/4/05, 08:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 06GT4me@June 3, 2005, 9:16 AM
Little off topic, but I caught just a snippet on the local news last night, (not sure if it made the nation wide news) but 2 people died out at Fontana Speedway (were NASCAR races out here in southern CA) local group rented the track and somebody driving one of those 400K+ Porsche GT's lost it for some unknown reason (blow out??). Went straight into the wall. Nasty.
The Ferrari club rented the track. The Porsche driver was a competent driver and was giving a prospective Carrera GT buyer a ride. They were using the ROVAL (part Road course, part over) and he was travelling 150+ when a car came on track infront of him. He tried to avoid but lost control and went into the wall. The passenger died on scene, the driver while being airlifted out. There was a memorial for him today at a local car hang out and a cruise afterward in his honor.
Old 6/4/05, 10:24 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Galaxie@June 4, 2005, 6:18 PM
There is nothing wrong with drinking too much, as long as you have the common sense to get someone else to drive that night.

Youth + Booze + Power = trouble.

Waste of a car and a life.

I am going out tonight, I am probably going to drink, but my friend is driving, so that's ok... simple as that.
Amen. I went out tonight and had one beer and a water.

Like Steve said, please have the common sense to let someone else drive if you are drinking.

If you are in doubt, let someone else drive, or call a cab. Lives depend on it.
Old 6/4/05, 11:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by 94blackGT@June 4, 2005, 1:37 PM
wow you guys are heartless donkey doughnuts.... did u forget hes only 20??? doesnt seem like you guys are acting any older... when im sure most of you are.... anyway....

story...
girls turns 16... on the day of her birthday her parents give her a brand new H2.... she and a girl-friend take it out immediately and flip it on the highway that very day @ 85 mph trying to pass someone.... girl driving dies... now whos fault was this? if i were one of her parents i would not be able to live with myself...

im just saying when youre young you do unimaginably stupid things...dont act like you didnt or havent.... yea he was drunk... which is the ultimate sin while driving... however you dont have to act so cold about it... the mans (boy) is dead now... tragic for his family and HIM... im sorry he never got to have the mid-life crisis expereince that you all have...
Of course were cold. He took his own life. He choose to get boozed up. He choose to drive. End of story.

Now, if he was drivin around, swerved to miss a deer and crashed, thats compeltly different. That's what I'd like to call an accident.

If it involves booze to me it's not an accident. Just cause it was unintentionall that doesn't mean it was an accident. Accidents are something you can't control. This was avoidable
Old 6/5/05, 01:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 94blackGT@June 4, 2005, 1:37 PM
wow you guys are heartless donkey doughnuts.... did u forget hes only 20??? doesnt seem like you guys are acting any older... when im sure most of you are.... anyway....

im just saying when youre young you do unimaginably stupid things...dont act like you didnt or havent.... yea he was drunk... which is the ultimate sin while driving... however you dont have to act so cold about it... the mans (boy) is dead now... tragic for his family and HIM... im sorry he never got to have the mid-life crisis expereince that you all have...

Thank you, I am not that heartless, nor do I own a donkey & I wish I had a blueberry donut but I don't(besides that's another story for another time). And no I didn't forget that the guy was only 20. I myself am only 23. However that does not excuse stupidity. He got drunk & got behind the wheel. He was asking for & got trouble. Did he deserve to die? No, I don't know of many people who do deserve death.

But I have absoulty NO symapathy or compassions for a drunk driver. NONE at all. My neighbor was a drunk from pretty much the time he was born until he dies a few years ago of heart attack. When I was little he would get into his vehicle & back out & 75% of the time he hit our mailbox & turned it over. At least once a week, sometimes more he would hit the mailbox.

He also beat his wife (my cousin), knocked her teeth out, shot at her, threatened her & us on our side of the road, etc. He was always running off the road & crashing his car. Thankfully he never once hit another car. He even came out naked one say because he was drunk & came home & had pissed all over his self & stripped & ran outside naked. He would come outside waving a gun around shouting & threating to shoot the "old bastard" across the road (the "old bastard" he was referring to is my grandfather).

These are just a few reasons I have NO compassion for a drunk driver. If you drink enough that you are impaired & you get behind the wheel, then you are asking for trouble. And I hope you get it. I just hope you don't take someone else with you. Again, I don't think you derserve to die for drinking & driving but you do deserve to spent a few days in the hospital for observation & then a little time behind bars. (and you being in general not being directed at anyone)

Anyway. That's my take on it. I do feel for his family & friends. Noone deserves to loose a loved one. Also, the above reasons are prime example why I WILL NEVER drink & drive. Heck, I don't even drink. But I would never get behind the wheel if I did. I had rather walk.
Old 6/5/05, 01:26 AM
Cobra Member

Sad story. Don't drink and drive, and when you're driving sober be prudent.
Old 6/5/05, 04:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

You have to pay the price for your choices.
As stated earlier, if a deer jumped out in front of him it would have been totally different.

I was drinking and driving when I was 16. Never once did I drink to the point of not being in control (So I thought at the time). If I had been killed it would have been no one's fault but my own. Not my parents, not the booze, not the car, just me.

Same case here. It is a sad day when a life is lost, but life is life and there are prices to pay.

My 17 year daughter was on her way home from school Friday noon (half day). She rear-ended someone. Totally her fault. She and another car travelling in the same direction. The car in front of her was making a left hand turn. My daughter never saw them. At the last second the car took off to gain some speed. So instead of my daughter hitting a car stopped at 55, the other car managed to get to about 30. Anyway, no one hurt. If something had happend as sad as it may be, it would have been my daughters fault, no one eles's.
Old 6/5/05, 03:46 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Not heartless just not sympathetic for the driver - he signed his own death warrant. Truth is , the lesson is drilled into everyones head over and over - DONT DRINK and DRIVE... and there are idiots who continue to make the decision to do so... and some of them end up dead or killing others who are innocent bystanders or both.
I am sure it wasnt the first time for this guy - thankfully it was the last and he only killed himself, however let there be no doubt about it I do feel for his family's loss since they have to live with his poor decision.

As I have mentioned earlier - My wife and I have been victims of a drunk driver, and my wife lives with life long injuries after 7 reconstructive surguries on her feet and a cancelled wedding that was scheduled for that week, so no sympathy from me for the driver.
Old 6/5/05, 04:06 PM
Bullitt Member

I guess I'll be the first to admit I am a heartless bastard when it comes to drunk drivers, or even drivers performing donkeyclownery on public roads. I am glad this useless ozygen burner is gone. Darwinism at it's greatest.

EDIT - LOL that filter/replace system is hilarious. hineyClownery becomes DonkeyCLownery LOL.

EDIT2 - LOL @ s s clownery becomes hineyclownery LOL
Old 6/6/05, 12:16 AM
jdr

These days I thank my mom that she bought me a Chevette when I was 16. That thing had a top speed of 50mhp & took 2 min to get there.

a GT is too much car for a 16 year old.......period :nono:

I hate he lost his life.