2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Looking for pics of Charcoal and Satin Aluminum panels with IUP

Search this Thread

Old 8/2/06 | 08:15 AM
GT Member

Looking for pics of Charcoal and Satin Aluminum panels with IUP

I'm getting ready to order my GT in about 2 weeks. One option that I want is the IUP and as such, I'll have a choice between the Charcoal panel applique with the woven look or the Satin Aluminum overlay with the brushed appearance. I'm trying to find some good, clear pictures of those two options, preferably with the Dark Charcoal interior. Does anyone have some shots or links they could provide?

For what it's worth, I'm going to get Tungsten Grey for the exterior finish with the Premium package.

Thanks for your help.
Old 8/2/06 | 08:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Satin IUP with Premier Trim Pkg. & Comfort Pkg. The second pic looks a bit dark due to the shadow.

Old 8/2/06 | 09:51 AM
GT Member

Thanks for the response and the pics. Looks like we've got similar ideas for our cars - I'm ordering a lot of the same options that you are.

The Satin looks pretty good. I'll be interested to see the Dark Charcoal interior with the 67D option on the dash.
Old 8/2/06 | 12:36 PM

Here ya go, John!

Old 8/2/06 | 02:35 PM
GT Member

Thanks, Bill! I think that seals the deal on the applique for me. The Satin looks good but that woven Charcoal overlay looks really great with the Dark Charcoal interior.

By the way, you've got a lot of cool mods and I liked seeing the pictures, particularly of the pedal install.
Old 8/2/06 | 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by flieger67
Thanks, Bill! I think that seals the deal on the applique for me. The Satin looks good but that woven Charcoal overlay looks really great with the Dark Charcoal interior.

By the way, you've got a lot of cool mods and I liked seeing the pictures, particularly of the pedal install.
Not a problem, John.

I specifically ordered the charcoal IUP to go with the dark charcoal interior. For me, it was the only option.

Try not to click on too many of my mods, it'll only make you spend more money!

Here's another shot of the dark IUP with less glare.

Old 8/2/06 | 05:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Dang! Now I've gotta go clean my interior and take more pics! Thanks a lot, Bill!
-Chip in SC
Old 8/2/06 | 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by ipchay61
Dang! Now I've gotta go clean my interior and take more pics! Thanks a lot, Bill!
-Chip in SC
Chip, alot of sweat and time has gone into this baby, inside and out!
Old 8/2/06 | 07:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by flieger67
For me, it was the exact opposite. I really like both IUP dashes, but the charcoal overlay is TOO much darkity-darkness when coupled with a dark charcoal interior. The satin IUP really throws some contrast to the interior IMO. The charcoal IUP looks great with the lighter interiors....just not dark charcoal.

For me its satin all the way!

EDIT: I think my computer is posessed... it posted before I was done.
Old 8/2/06 | 07:14 PM
GT Member

I have the Charcoal IUP package and the dark charcoal leather interior. I actually ordered the charcoal panel by accident. I put the wrong code on the spec sheet when I gave it to the salesman. I just got my car 2 days ago, and I am SO GLAD I got the charcoal panel. I really like it, and I get nothing but compliments on it. Everyone who sits in my car runs their finger across it followed by something like "this is really nice..."
Old 8/2/06 | 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by WarBird69
... the charcoal overlay is TOO much darkity-darkness when coupled with a dark charcoal interior.
All that darkness is very sinister looking, it has that certain allure to it. I like it!
Old 8/2/06 | 07:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I like the texture pattern of the dark charcoal panel but the color of the light one in a dark charcoal interior. However, both are very nice choices!

flieger67, good luck with the ordering! I hope we get to meet up someday and compare Tungsten vehicles. Maybe you should push that order date up
Old 8/2/06 | 08:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Couple more dark/dark picture for you. I went with the dark to reduce the glare with the top down.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for pics of Charcoal and Satin Aluminum panels with IUP-dash1.jpg   Looking for pics of Charcoal and Satin Aluminum panels with IUP-darkiup2.jpg  
Old 8/2/06 | 09:12 PM
GT Member

Cool

TacoBill, great looking interior, and exterior for that matter(loving the stripes). You have really documented your mods well..I will revisit your pics alot to help when I get my car.
Love the pedals...what are you drilling the dead pedal into?? is there anything under there to be concerned avoiding??
Are the pedals slippy in the wet ??.. we get a ton of rain up here in Vancouver area
Where is the GT plug for the a/c outlet from..haven't seen that before! NICE

Again, Great job Scott
Old 8/2/06 | 09:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

I am sooooo glad I ordered my Pony with the Charcoal dash it just makes the interior look classy.

Old 8/2/06 | 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by twokidsnosleep
... what are you drilling the dead pedal into?? is there anything under there to be concerned avoiding??
Are the pedals slippy in the wet ??.. Where is the GT plug for the a/c outlet from..haven't seen that before!
Thanks Scott!

Pedals are from AutoVation. I just have the dead pedal screwed into the carpet and foam block (the only thing under the carpet in that area). It's not the most stable, but it's holding for now. These pedals have excellent grip, but haven't stepped into my car with wet feet yet!

GT power plug is from MGW. They produce some of the best looking interior billet accessories out there. I also have their oil and radiator caps. I highly recommend them.

PM me if you have any questions.
Now, before the moderators get involved...
Old 8/3/06 | 06:59 AM
GT Member

Thanks to all y'all for your pics and info. This pretty much finishes out my last selection for my order in a few weeks.