2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Looking for dealers in the Mid-South

Search this Thread

Old 4/27/05, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need help finding a helpful, reputable dealership and salesman in the Mid-South. I am ready to order a convertible GT but cannot find someone in this area (Jackson, MS) that I trust to give me a fair price and helpful service.

Any recommendations in Birmingham, Shreveport, New Orleans, Tuscaloosa, Mobile, Memphis, Nashville, etc. Thanks!
Old 4/27/05, 09:19 PM
Bullitt Member

I got mine from Dobbs on MT.Moriah in Memphis. They were great. They stayed open till midnight so I could take delivery that night. The best car buying experience I have ever had. I can't say anything bad about them. My salesman was Chuck R. Give him a call........he's a great guy. A lady named Diedra at Grey-Daniels down there in Jackson is also great, but I don't know about the dealership as a whole. She was very helpful and not pushy at all.
Old 4/27/05, 10:43 PM

Its about 3 hours west of your Shreveport limit but there are a few GT's at North Central Ford in Richardson Tx. Was by there yesterday getting the oil changed in mine.

Unfortunately they are taking to extensively modifing alot of their cars. They have one black GT vert with parchment interior and parchment top. I can't remember the sticker but think it was either 33k or 34k. By the time you add $1300 for a Borla Exhaust and $2400 for 18" tires and rims they were asking like $37-38k for the thing. If it was me and I was interested in it, I'd pay no more than $600 for the Borla catback (what they can be had online for) and either keep the tires/rims if you like them or make them revert back to the premium rims that are on the sticker - if nothing else the $600 in value for those tires and rims should be subtracted from the $2500 for the aftermarket. Oh the games dealers play

Earl
Old 4/28/05, 10:00 AM

Originally posted by wifewantedaGT@April 27, 2005, 9:22 PM
I got mine from Dobbs on MT.Moriah in Memphis. They were great. They stayed open till midnight so I could take delivery that night. The best car buying experience I have ever had. I can't say anything bad about them. My salesman was Chuck R. Give him a call........he's a great guy. A lady named Diedra at Grey-Daniels down there in Jackson is also great, but I don't know about the dealership as a whole. She was very helpful and not pushy at all.
I had a completely different ordering experience with Dobbs Ford on Mt. Moriah. My salesman, Cole Huff, was a horrible, horrible salesman. He was a college student and was only doing this until he graduated college. Granted, i did managed to get a great price for my Mustang, but i enventually cancelled the order because i constantly had to call Cole for information in which he never supplied. He also never returned any of my calls.

I decided to go with HOMER SKELTON FORD in OLIVE BRANCH, MS. I suggest you visit their website, www.homerskeltonford.com and contact internet salesman Tim Mills. He's a great salesman and will definitely work with you. Also, the dealership always carry a large amount of 05's. The last time i was there, March 19, they had 3 gt's on the lot.
Old 4/28/05, 11:11 AM
GT Member

I had a great experience at Crown ford in Nashville. I dealt with Dean Byard. Their number is 615 244-3615. I paid sticker for my GT. I think they will be adding 2,000 to the price of the convertible if it hasn't sold yet.
Old 4/28/05, 11:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by mtownstang+April 28, 2005, 10:03 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mtownstang @ April 28, 2005, 10:03 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-wifewantedaGT@April 27, 2005, 9:22 PM
I had a completely different ordering experience with Dobbs Ford on Mt. Moriah. My salesman, Cole Huff, was a horrible, horrible salesman. He was a college student and was only doing this until he graduated college. Granted, i did managed to get a great price for my Mustang, but i enventually cancelled the order because i constantly had to call Cole for information in which he never supplied. He also never returned any of my calls.

I decided to go with HOMER SKELTON FORD in OLIVE BRANCH, MS. I suggest you visit their website, www.homerskeltonford.com and contact internet salesman Tim Mills. He's a great salesman and will definitely work with you. Also, the dealership always carry a large amount of 05's. The last time i was there, March 19, they had 3 gt's on the lot.
[/b][/quote]

Same here. Dobbs licks salty donkey nuts. I cant say enough bad stuff about them. They tried to screw us over big time. They are the worst dealer ever and I have bought from 11 different ford dealers in the past.

I have bought from Lewis Ford in Memphis and from Homer Skelton ford in Olive Branch MS just south of memphis with great results. Landers ford is O.K. but their prices are a bit higher in my opnion but they just got in about 3 new 05 saleens so you might just run by there and check them out. Its just a 5-10 minute drive east of the memphis area in collierville.
Old 4/28/05, 01:24 PM

Same here. Dobbs licks salty donkey nuts. I cant say enough bad stuff about them. They tried to screw us over big time. They are the worst dealer ever and I have bought from 11 different ford dealers in the past.

[/quote]

I couldn't agree more. I even tried Dobbs Ford at Wolfchase and while negotiating the price of a V6, the clown, err salesman, had the nerve to say that i'm taking FOOD OUT OF HIS CHILDRENS MOUTH!!! I replied by telling him that HE'S TAKING FOOD OUT OF MY CHILDRENS MOUTH!!! He offered me only $500 off MSRP and i declined. He then told me that i wouldn't find a better deal and that i would be back. Yeah right, went to Homer Skelton and got one for $1300 off MSRP!!!

Would i be wrong if i decide to drive up there when my new mustang come in and show him how wrong he was?
Old 4/28/05, 01:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by new22003+April 28, 2005, 12:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(new22003 @ April 28, 2005, 12:35 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by mtownstang@April 28, 2005, 10:03 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-wifewantedaGT
@April 27, 2005, 9:22 PM

I have bought from Lewis Ford in Memphis and from Homer Skelton ford in Olive Branch MS just south of memphis with great results. Landers ford is O.K. but their prices are a bit higher in my opnion but they just got in about 3 new 05 saleens so you might just run by there and check them out. Its just a 5-10 minute drive east of the memphis area in collierville.
[/b][/quote]
This was my first experience with them...............Maybe I caught them on a good day. I had no problems or complaints whatsoever.
Old 4/28/05, 02:01 PM
Bullitt Member

I pre-ordered and purchased mine from a small country dealership named Barber-Freeman Automotive in Winfield, Al. About 30 miles past Jasper, AL (50 miles past Birmingham). They were fantastic to deal with. No crap or high pressure, fair price.

I can highly recommend them !!!! Ask for Tony Brown, he's the manager. 1-800-890-5105

Have no idea what their allocation #'s are now, but it doesn't look like any dealers allocation #'s are good for GT's.

Barber-Freeman Automotive
Old 4/28/05, 04:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

I got mine from Steve Williams in Lawranceburg. 1-800-322-8886 as for Joe, he's the GM. They gave me the best deal on my 03. No dealer between Memphis or Nashville, Al, Ak, or Ky could beat them.

Also, Golden Circle in Jackson, TN seems to be reasonable. Although they do have a tendancy to add things to the V6's that have been on their lot for a while. But you can always call them & see what they say. 1-800-451-4415.

Also I know a few months ago Holmes Ford in Lexington, TN was willing to order for customers. Just keep in mind they are a small dealership. But you could check them out, 1-731-968-2591. I purchased my 02 from them & they had the best deal anywhere.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

BTW~Welcome to the board.

~*~Kera~*~
Old 4/28/05, 05:29 PM

You could call Mark Martin Ford in Batesville,Ar and ask for Ted Bagwell. The guys are friendly, pretty easy to deal with and you could probably get it autographed!
Old 4/28/05, 05:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
There is a black GT convertible at a dealer near my house. I'm half way between atlanta and b'ham.
Old 4/28/05, 05:32 PM
Bullitt Member

If you are willing to come up to Nashville, try Crown Ford - super folks. I paid 0 markup walking in off the street back in October. My neighbor works for Alexander Ford where I had originally ordered from, they have two locations. Another dealer with a nice inventory here is Town & Country Ford, forddirect.com shows 31 currently in stock, even 2 nice GT convertibles too...
Old 4/28/05, 07:10 PM

Thanks, guys! You know how difficult it is to find someone you can trust. I have Mustang fever and getting obsessed!
Old 4/28/05, 08:28 PM
V6 Member

Try Freedom Ford in Centre Alabama, only an hour or so from B-ham.