2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

let's see if we can get an accurate idea...

Search this Thread

Old 12/10/04, 06:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by stock01gt@December 10, 2004, 8:49 PM
I voted other, but I'm not sure it's a problem yet.

I was sitting at a red light this afternoon. As I waited for the light to change, I felt the brake pedal move a little. Then it kept going until it went all the way to the floor. I let off, and the pedal was firm again.

I haven't had a chance to see if this repeats yet. Just happened a few minutes ago.

Has anyone else seen this?

Air in the brake line maybe??

Other than that, and an occasional CD skip in my Shaker 500, no complaints. Had it for about 1.5 weeks, got 500 miles on it as of today. Lovin it!
I felt a little wiggle in the brake, figured it was the ABS... happens with my Saturn and my old Jeep...
Old 12/10/04, 06:31 PM
Bullitt Member

same with the brake wiggle! Hasn't happened in a while, since I've been over 1000 miles. Tranny is a bit clunky downshifting 2-1 and winny, but Im coming off acuras and Bmers so I've accepted it.
Old 12/10/04, 06:51 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by stock01gt@December 10, 2004, 6:49 PM

I was sitting at a red light this afternoon. As I waited for the light to change, I felt the brake pedal move a little. Then it kept going until it went all the way to the floor. I let off, and the pedal was firm again.

I haven't had a chance to see if this repeats yet. Just happened a few minutes ago.

Other than that, and an occasional CD skip in my Shaker 500, no complaints. Had it for about 1.5 weeks, got 500 miles on it as of today. Lovin it!
Free technical advice:

Your Master Cylinder is bad... 100% your problem. I would suggest taking it to your Ford dealer ASAP. I hope this one is an isolated incident.
Old 12/10/04, 10:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 38special@December 9, 2004, 3:58 PM
When I turn the wheel all the way to the left I sometimes hear a pop sound.

Funny thing is that it is not all the time. Took it to the dealer the other day and it would not do it for the guy even though it had done it 15 minutes earlier!

It is like your dog doing tricks for you but unable to perform in front of others.
I have this same problem. I took my car to the dealer today to have them take a look at this.... the upper strut bearing mounts need to be replaced.
Old 12/10/04, 10:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

I have felt that little jerk in the break pedal. The only time I notice it is when I am at a complete stop and the heat is on.
Old 12/13/04, 10:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Chris,

Did your pedal keep going down? Today is the first chance I've had to drive it since I first noticed the problem. Haven't been in a situation where I sat still very long since then.

I'm going to do some testing today. If I can easily reproduce the problem, I'm going back to the dealer to have them take a look at it.

Mike,

After I posted this, I thought more and wondered if it could be a master cylinder issue.

Thanks for your feedback guys. I'll keep you posted.
Old 12/13/04, 11:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I posted a reply about problems I'm having with my Shaker 100 in a previous thread about problems with the Shaker 1000 stereo system. Here is an update:

Dealership pulled stereo out, wrote down the numbers off of it, put back in the old stereo and ordered me a new one. About 3 weeks later, the new stereo came in. The swapped out the stereos and I drove away. However, that night, as I was driving with my lights on, I discovered that the buttons on the new stereo aren't backlighting. I took the car back into the dealership the next morning (Saturday). They checked it out, discovered that the engineering numbers on the new and original stereos do not match. The following Monday they made a call to Ford and were told that the engineering numbers should not make a difference, and that they are interchangeable. The dealership talked to the contractor where they get their Ford sound systems from and found out that the Shaker stereos are Delphi from GM. They had several conversations with the contractor. They sent the dealership yet another Shaker 1000 stereo system for my car and assured the dealerhsip that they verified that it works. So this past Saturday I took the car into the dearlship (3 hours away), and when they got the stereos swapped out, they had me come out into the service bay and verify the lighting. Much to our dismay, this new stereo still didn't have any backlit buttons. They pulled a stereo out of another vehicle and verified that it worked in my car, and plugged in the "new" stereo from my car into the other vehicle. Guess what, it didn't work in the other car either. :bang: Needless to say, the dealership is extremely unhappy with the contractor. nono: They will get another stereo or get my original repaired and verify that it works before they have me make another trip in to install the stereo. Ironically, we were going to leave the "new" stereo in the car until I went to get in and the 6-disc CD changer was going balistic. Obviously, there is no way in you know what that this stereo could of possibly passed inspection. Someone is not doing his job.

I still love my car. And this is truly just a minor annoyance. But it is discouraging to pay this amount of money for a car and have problems with it. But it is something I was prepared for since it is a totally redesigned car in a brand new facility. I still firmly believe that Ford has hit a "grand slam homerun" with this car. Maybe they should consider having their own stereo components and systems instead of relying on GM? Maybe that is why the stereo is having problems -- it is a GM product in a Ford! LOL :
Old 12/13/04, 11:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Laughing @ GM products in a Ford... kinda like Coca-Cola bottling Pepsi
Old 12/14/04, 01:00 AM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by stock01gt@December 13, 2004, 9:23 AM
Chris,

Did your pedal keep going down? Today is the first chance I've had to drive it since I first noticed the problem. Haven't been in a situation where I sat still very long since then.

I'm going to do some testing today. If I can easily reproduce the problem, I'm going back to the dealer to have them take a look at it.

Mike,

After I posted this, I thought more and wondered if it could be a master cylinder issue.

Thanks for your feedback guys. I'll keep you posted.
Sounds to me like you have an internal leak in the master cylinder. IMHO!
Old 12/18/04, 06:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by pittperson+December 10, 2004, 11:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pittperson @ December 10, 2004, 11:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-38special@December 9, 2004, 3:58 PM
When I turn the wheel all the way to the left I sometimes hear a pop sound.

Funny thing is that it is not all the time. Took it to the dealer the other day and it would not do it for the guy even though it had done it 15 minutes earlier!

It is like your dog doing tricks for you but unable to perform in front of others.
I have this same problem. I took my car to the dealer today to have them take a look at this.... the upper strut bearing mounts need to be replaced. [/b][/quote]
Took my car into the dealer yesterday to get the upper strut bearing mounts replaced. 3 hours later I drove it out of the shop and haven't heard the popping noise since then. Looks like the problem is solved.
Old 12/23/04, 03:45 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I bought seven new cds today- six went straight from the package to the shaker.

The Nickelbak and AC/DC cd seems to do a little rewind and then start again.

My pink floyd Cds seem to pause out for a few seconds in the middle of a song..

AND! I had to turn the gas pump UPSIDE down to fill her today(cost me $22.68)
Old 12/23/04, 03:46 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Kahdir@December 14, 2004, 1:40 AM
Laughing @ GM products in a Ford... kinda like Coca-Cola bottling Pepsi
I had a GM coolant tank in my trunk for about an hour today........I shuddered the whole time!
Old 12/23/04, 03:50 PM
V6 Member

Only problem i had was the with the passenger door. When i got the car, the passenger door wouldn't open from the inside so the dealer had ordered a part to fix this. Other than that, no probs yet.
Old 12/23/04, 04:17 PM

No problems with my GT. Absolutely love this car. It is pure fun to drive and sure gets the looks, (until they see who is driving it!. Oh, well. I am past the personal thing. It's all about the car.)
Old 1/12/05, 04:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok... it's been a while, but I finally got my car down to the dealer today to look at my brakes and CD player.

1) Brakes - As you can see, if I sit with my foot on the brake pedal, as if sitting at a light, for 30 seconds or more, the brake pedal will start easing down to the floor.

They said they went and drove 2 other 05 stangs on the lot, and they behaved the same way. When I dropped it off this morning, one of the guys said "I wonder if this is one of those that is supposed to do that?"

Do any of you other 05 owners have this symptom?
Have you ever heard of brakes that are "supposed to do that"?

I've never been in a vehicle that did this.

2) CD player skipping - I told him that several people here had reported that issue, and that it sounds to me like there might be a problem with this system. He said "it's a problem with all CD changers". I told him my Mach 460 didn't skip 1 time in 2.5 years.

He said their guy drove the car around for quite a while and never got it to skip.

For those of you that have gotten the dealer to aknowledge the CD skip problem, how did you do it???

Thanks,
Old 1/12/05, 04:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Go Cards!!
and now,
Old 1/12/05, 06:39 PM
GT Member

I have only experienced a few problems with the Shaker; skipping, reversing, and once it didn't want to play at all. But all seems well now. The only other problem is the passenger door doesn't seem like it is adjusted correctly. My brothter noticed it didn't shut properly once or twice, said it would be a cinch to correct.
Old 1/13/05, 03:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by bullittman68@January 12, 2005, 5:06 PM
Go Cards!!
and now,
You got that right!