2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

The latest from my dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10/4/04, 09:51 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's what my salesman told me today:

No word on whether or not my 05 has been shipped, so as far as they know, it's still one of the many in that huge holding lot.

He also warned me that he believes that the 05 Mustang will not be eligible for X-plan for several months after the car becomes available. He did not outright say they will not accept our X-plan pin, he just was unsure and wanted me to expect this possibility.

My understanding is that it is a dealership's choice to accept X-plan or not, and if they choose to accept it, they must accept it on all vehicles. It is also my understanding that the X-plan price is listed right on the vehicle's invoice, so when they get that, we'll all know the exact price.

Is this correct? The vibe I've gotten from my dealership hasn't been a bad one; while I'm on my 3rd salesman since ordering back in June, they haven't been trying to mislead me. They simply haven't been at the top of their game info-wise.

My plan right now is to wait it out. When my car gets here, then we can really get down to it about the pricing. I don't want to slam my salesman for being ignorant, as he has been polite and helpful.

Also, everyone I've talked to there at the dealership seems very excited about getting my car in. It's the first ordered and they expect it to come in before all other 05 mustangs. They're almost giddy!

Anyway, any suggestions or comments about the X-plan situation? Am I right in my understanding of how it works? Thank for the help everyone!
Old 10/4/04, 10:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Longhorn,
It is up to the dealer on a car-by-car basis. My dealer did accept my X-Plan with a $500 deposit when I ordered it on 9/20/04. The X-Plan cost was printed on the "Vehicle Order Confirmation".

The Boss Hog
Old 10/4/04, 10:21 AM
Queen Of Nascar

I called this morning and my salesman was off. I wanted to know the same type of things. I want to know what kind of interest rate they are going to offer me, status and how often there computer was updated. Another salesman took my number and said he would have GM or Finance person return my call.

I called back after not hearing from anyone after a couple of hours and my salesman answered the phone. He said he was off today, only came in to meet with someone. He also took the info I was wanting and once again said someone would call me back. The first guy I spoke to also seemed excited about my car coming in and stated he only knew it was'nt here yet.

Can't they call Ford directely, Order Center?? and check status? I kinda feel like I am getting the run around because they know I will be out of town Oct 9-16 and they want to keep the car on there Showroom floor.

As for X-plan, I ask my dealership that question from the beginning and he said No. He stated it that "FORD" would not be honoring it. I do not doubt thought that it is a dealer choice though because many people on this forum have gotten it.

Enough of my rant!! I want some info!!
Old 10/4/04, 10:47 AM
Bullitt Member

What dealer are you working with?
Old 10/4/04, 10:49 AM
Banned

My dealer stated that they'd only take the various plans on factory orders, anything on the lot they aren't going to accept it. YMMV though.
Old 10/4/04, 11:11 AM
V6 Member

Chad:

I ordered from Mac Haik in Georgetown.

Also something to note: my first salesman told my husband that they would have no problem honoring the X-plan for our order. Of course, he doesn't work there anymore.
Old 10/4/04, 11:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Have you checked with the other dealers in the area? I heard the one out in Elgin is giving good deals.
Old 10/4/04, 11:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

X-plan is a dealer choice. Mine honored it without any kind of deposit. They should be able to get you the pricing immediately. I have a price sheet showing X-plan price that my salesman faxed to me to let me know the order had been placed. Basically, it looks like a screen shot of the order page. It should have the title of "Vehicle Order Confirmation". Email or PM me a fax number that I can reach you at, and I'll fax it to you so you can show them evidence.

Jason