2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Lady parked her car on mine last night

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/05, 10:26 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I was at work last night this lady parked in front of mine in a Silver Accord and pulled up so far that she rested her bumper on mine. Now nothing probably wouldve happened damage wise if she didnt have front liscence plates on her car, but she did and the bolts dug right into my bumper. Fortunately the security gaurd noticed that her car was parked like this and came and got me before she returned to her car. So I went out and took pictures with my digital before backing the car up and then some shots of the damage, small chunk of the paint gone and some ripple effect, its small but its there and its my car. So I took down her license plate number and left her a note asking her to please contact me. Two minutes after walking back into work the security gaurd comes back in to tell me that she is out there and she is livid. Well she followed him in and she just starts screaming, now the note I left wasnt harsh in any way, all it said was you bumped my car and scratched it please call me and had my number. But this lady went off saying that if she hit my car then she would have felt it and she has her son with her and he didnt feel it ethier and that I was just making it up because the scratch was already there and I was just looking to collect so I can get it fixed. While she ranted and raved I grabbed my camera and showed her the pics of her car butted up against mine and then she changed her tone but still insisted that she couldnt see anything and it wasnt her fault. Yadda Yadda Yadda.... I eventually have to get her insurance info and go through her insurance for something that probably will only needed to buffed out (the ripples are ugly) and not cost that much to do and she will now have to pay her duductable, instead of having kept a cool head about it and worked with me since I was trying to be nice, accidents happen and it was at night and I couldnt even tell at that point how bad it was. I was willing to get her number and wait until today to see if I couldnt just clean it up myself and let her off the hook, because I could tell it wasnt bad enough to cover any deductable and worse case would be she would have had to pay for the buff, but she was a pain in the **** and is now going to pay dearly for it because she wouldnt deal with me because after all "It's only a car!" Why do people say that? Even if it were only a car its not your car it belongs to someone else, do not treat it like crap. I felt like punching her son (highschool) and saying its only a kid. (And I am only joking about that last part dont hate on me, its only a joke).
Anyway that is my long rant about nothing but I needed to get it off my chest and no better place to do it than here where some of you know how I feel about it, that and today my license expires and I cant get that taken care of because it is Ceaser Chavez Day here in Cali and everything is closed, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. (Im bitter today if you cant tell).
Old 3/31/05, 10:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

good. i hate jerks like that. jsut be nice and courteous and ppl will react favorably to it
Old 3/31/05, 10:42 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man that stinks. I actually watched a lady open her car door right into mine (not my 05 thank god) while I was sitting in the car. I rolled down my window and said you just hit my car with your door. No I didn't she said. I got out. There was a mark from her car paint and all on my door. I said open your door and I guarantee it lines up with the mark, oh and by the way, you have paint missing from your door and it is on mine. She refused to co-operate. I grabbed my cell and said, well here is your last chance to be nice or I am calling the police. She started walking away so I called the cops. She paid alright, cause the cop that showed up was my friend and he charged her with leaving the scene of an accident.
Old 3/31/05, 10:43 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dang man - don't worry about ranting - this is the right place!! I would have been pi**ed as h*ll too!

GOOD move with the pics. (And props to the security guard...)
Old 3/31/05, 10:51 AM
Cobra Member

I was with someone once that when we walked to their car, there was a BIG ding in the door with light blue paint in the crease. Next to the car just happened to be sitting a light blue Chrysler, and shockingly there was scratched off blue paint missing from the edge of its door at the same height as the ding. His solution: he kicked in the door of the Chrysler with his steel-toed factory shoes, caving in the whole door, and looked at me saying, "Next time they will think twice before they don't pay attention opening their door".
Old 3/31/05, 10:54 AM
Cobra Member

Sorry to hear about your bumper and her attitude. Fortunately, some people do accept responsiblity for their actions, but in this case it doesn't apper to be so. Good luck with whatever you pursue.

Years ago, I had a guy punch a deep gash in the the bumper of my Monte Carlo SS with the exhaust tip on his truck. He had pulled forward after hitting my car, but there was soot in the mark, so it was obvious. Unfortunately, our corportate security didn't even show up even after I called.
Old 3/31/05, 11:02 AM
Cobra Member

Sorry to hear about this incident. I think you handled it very well, especially when things got ugly. I hope things work out in your favor!
Old 3/31/05, 11:05 AM
Bullitt Member

All the more reason to park far away from others like her/him. I will walk the extra distance to keep my car safe from idiots like that. :shock:
Old 3/31/05, 11:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by CelticCub@March 31, 2005, 11:05 AM
Sorry to hear about this incident. I think you handled it very well, especially when things got ugly. I hope things work out in your favor!
Ditto here. Some people just avoid taking responsibility.
Old 3/31/05, 11:10 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

You handled it perfectly, she just turned out to be a loser. Glad you had your camera handy.

Happy Birthday!!!
Old 3/31/05, 11:11 AM
GT Member

Smart move with the camera! I need to carry mine around more often for situations like that.
Old 3/31/05, 11:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@March 31, 2005, 10:54 AM
I was with someone once that when we walked to their car, there was a BIG ding in the door with light blue paint in the crease. Next to the car just happened to be sitting a light blue Chrysler, and shockingly there was scratched off blue paint missing from the edge of its door at the same height as the ding. His solution: he kicked in the door of the Chrysler with his steel-toed factory shoes, caving in the whole door, and looked at me saying, "Next time they will think twice before they don't pay attention opening their door".
wn3d:
Old 3/31/05, 11:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Happy Birthday! Your present will be here sunday.

On a funnier note for everyone else....

As Richard was telling me this story last night on the phone, I just so happen to be driving through Encinitas (where he works). As he is talking he says

him- "Oh the sickest 05 GT just drove by!"

me- "Oh really, where are you? I am in encinitas! I want to see it"

him- "El Camino Real and Leucadia"

me- "Wait, I just passed through intersection..."

Needless to say, he saw my car as we were talking. LOL.

Thanks for the compliment Richard....hahahaha.
Old 3/31/05, 12:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by KansasCityTim@March 31, 2005, 11:54 AM
:Owned: that is the funniest story ive heard in a while

^ sorry bout that lady blowing you off i feel for you
Old 3/31/05, 12:20 PM
Cobra Member

Dude, a lot of people are plain discourteous. I had a foreign guy in a vinivan bump into me in a parking lot while I was sitting in my SUV. And the guy says in broken english, "How I know I did that to your car" I said, "Maybe because I just washed mine yesterday and yours is all dirty. No problem I'll just call the police or we can exchange info for the insurance, what is going to be? He talked very good english after that and proceeded to tell me a good christen would just forget about it. I answered well thats not me then.

Now it was just some light scratches in clear, but just the idea that they try to get out of it in a bad way.
Old 3/31/05, 12:23 PM
Cobra Member

Once again this shows why women shouldn't be able to drive... Just kidding but that stinks. At least you got her.
Old 3/31/05, 12:23 PM
FR500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Super Sonic Blue Mustang@March 31, 2005, 12:08 PM
All the more reason to park far away from others like her/him. I will walk the extra distance to keep my car safe from idiots like that. :shock:
lol it doesnt matter how far away u park someone is always gona park next to u...for instance when my uncle picked me up with his brand new 05 stang vert we went for dinner at Swiss Chalet (mmm) and we parked where nonone was near and so we can see the beast while we eat (of course ) While we're waiting for our food this chick pulls up in an acura mdx (SUV) with her son and little daughter. My uncle was using the facilities at the time so i kept a good watch on the kid as he drooled over the car. I told my aunt if he touched the car id go out yellin!! I hate that man when people have no respect especially if it a brand new car and dumb people open the door without looking...I feel sorry for u and i hope u can buff it out...lets see some pics of ur beast too :P
Old 3/31/05, 12:31 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by rrobello@March 31, 2005, 11:29 AM
While I was at work last night this lady parked in front of mine in a Silver Accord and pulled up so far that she rested her bumper on mine. Now nothing probably wouldve happened damage wise if she didnt have front liscence plates on her car, but she did and the bolts dug right into my bumper. Fortunately the security gaurd noticed that her car was parked like this and came and got me before she returned to her car. So I went out and took pictures with my digital before backing the car up and then some shots of the damage, small chunk of the paint gone and some ripple effect, its small but its there and its my car. So I took down her license plate number and left her a note asking her to please contact me. Two minutes after walking back into work the security gaurd comes back in to tell me that she is out there and she is livid. Well she followed him in and she just starts screaming, now the note I left wasnt harsh in any way, all it said was you bumped my car and scratched it please call me and had my number. But this lady went off saying that if she hit my car then she would have felt it and she has her son with her and he didnt feel it ethier and that I was just making it up because the scratch was already there and I was just looking to collect so I can get it fixed. While she ranted and raved I grabbed my camera and showed her the pics of her car butted up against mine and then she changed her tone but still insisted that she couldnt see anything and it wasnt her fault. Yadda Yadda Yadda.... I eventually have to get her insurance info and go through her insurance for something that probably will only needed to buffed out (the ripples are ugly) and not cost that much to do and she will now have to pay her duductable, instead of having kept a cool head about it and worked with me since I was trying to be nice, accidents happen and it was at night and I couldnt even tell at that point how bad it was. I was willing to get her number and wait until today to see if I couldnt just clean it up myself and let her off the hook, because I could tell it wasnt bad enough to cover any deductable and worse case would be she would have had to pay for the buff, but she was a pain in the **** and is now going to pay dearly for it because she wouldnt deal with me because after all "It's only a car!" Why do people say that? Even if it were only a car its not your car it belongs to someone else, do not treat it like crap. I felt like punching her son (highschool) and saying its only a kid. (And I am only joking about that last part dont hate on me, its only a joke).
Anyway that is my long rant about nothing but I needed to get it off my chest and no better place to do it than here where some of you know how I feel about it, that and today my license expires and I cant get that taken care of because it is Ceaser Chavez Day here in Cali and everything is closed, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. (Im bitter today if you cant tell).
So how much was the damage?
Old 3/31/05, 12:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry to hear about your troubles Richard. Some people just don't respect other people's property. I hope you get it worked out.

A couple of years ago I was driving on P.C.H. in Malibu on a summers day in my '02 GT, when an Explorer bumped into my rear at a light. There wasn't any substantial damage but his SUV did leave a couple of minor scratches in my paint. I probably would have let it go, but he and his friends gave me attitude over making him pull over, and he was hesistant to give me his information. I was guessing that they had had a few drinks (don't think he was over the limit), so I told him we could do this the easy way where he gives me his information or I could call the police, where I'm sure they would have been very interested in his alcohol consumption. He quickly gave me all the information that I requested.
Old 3/31/05, 01:47 PM
Cobra Member

Since some moron hit the door in my last car with their bumper while parking next to me I have kept a cheap digital in my car. You did the right thing and she should just accept responsability.

Good for you for not leaving a nasty note or going ape on her, I know it must have been tough to hold back, for me it would have.

I hope everything gets put right for you, people are so careless these days and have zero respect for other peoples property. I've seen alot of people who just treat their cars like poop and don't seem to mind treating other peoples cars the same.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Lady parked her car on mine last night