2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Lady Just Backed into me!

Search this Thread

Old 7/1/05 | 12:33 PM
Cobra Member

Sorry that happened... that stinks!

Man I hope you can get it fixed through her insurance co. Since there is no police report they might not give you the time of day

I would have called a cop I think. Just to be safe... but that's me and I really could care less about a person's insurance rates that obviously cared less about running into my car.
Old 7/1/05 | 04:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Had a mishap on a car ferry with a brand new Explorer. Old couple in a Caddy rear ends me. I wait until they put it in park, exit my truck and say "Hi" to the old guy. He felt bad about it but there was no damage to the chrome bumper so i tell the guy to forget about it and to have a nice day. Heck, guy probably fought for me in WW ll.

And just last week, some dopey guy in a bling bling foreign car nascar rubs my '73 beater Duster while we're cruising down an open 3 lane hwy at 2am. We were the only two cars on the road. Guy pulls over and nearly craps himself thinking i was gonna beat his head into the pavement. I ask him if he's been drinking, guy say's no, he's just tired. I look at the crease in my 1/4 panel but the side marker lens is intact. His car has some fender damage so i tell him: "Hey, i'm not in the mood to be dealing with a cop now....do you?" Of course guy say's no, so i hop in my car and leave him there.

I swear some people drive with blinders on.
Old 7/1/05 | 04:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Of course, when you do it to your own Mustang it's even worse. Never leave the house angry in the morning, with dew all over the windows and forget where you left your prize Stang. Because an Expedition will win out in that battle every time.

Worst part is calling the insurance company, because they just don't have any sense of humor about that sort of thing.

It's been close to 8 years since it happened, and my wife, daughter and son still don't let me forget it. :angry: :angry:
Old 7/1/05 | 06:28 PM
Cobra Member

Stay up, the same thing happened to me two weeks ago. The repairs get under way next week.
Old 7/1/05 | 06:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

that's terrible! sorry it happened
Old 7/2/05 | 08:44 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Robyn that stinks, some people are stupid.

Hey did you drive down to Worcester last night to see the car show? I was driving around downtown Worcester last night around midnight and it was absolute friggin anarchy. People were doing burnouts in the street in front of cops and everything and nobody cared. Of course I had to contribute! I'll be down there tonight for the fireworks and more mayhem in the streets afterwards.

I only saw 1 other 05, some young girl driving a sonic blue GT with a Ford stripe kit. She was cute too.
Old 7/3/05 | 03:26 PM
V6 Member

You guys should spend some time on a motorcycle. You will never be surprised at how clueless the driving public is again. Soccer moms in SUV's and teenage girls talking on cell phones. Sometimes it seems like they start they day out to kill us! You get out in a great car like the Stang and it just seems like it acts like a magnet for idiots. It just seems that way because you actually CARE about your car. At least there are people here to commiserate with! Still stinks, but it is something.
Old 7/3/05 | 04:10 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Too Tall@July 3, 2005, 5:29 PM
You guys should spend some time on a motorcycle. You will never be surprised at how clueless the driving public is again. Soccer moms in SUV's and teenage girls talking on cell phones. Sometimes it seems like they start they day out to kill us! You get out in a great car like the Stang and it just seems like it acts like a magnet for idiots. It just seems that way because you actually CARE about your car. At least there are people here to commiserate with! Still stinks, but it is something.

(rant on)
i ride very often... you mean like hey there`s not a motor cycle there i wannna go in that lane.....will you try to steer for your life...i know the feeling... nobody has respect for bikes except the people that ride...everyone else could car less and run you over without a problem...it is become so bad that i ride less and less....

(rant off)
Old 7/3/05 | 05:52 PM
Cobra Member

dang darn it!! that is terrible. Sorry to hear about your ponies misfortune.
maybe try the scratch X by Meguires to see if that will help get some of the scratches out.
when you run your fingers over the scratches can you feel them?
Old 7/3/05 | 08:54 PM

:bang: This happened to me today too! The person drove off, so I pulled out my hunting rifle from the trunk and shot her through the back of the head from 500 yards. YEA!!! The vehicle swerved off the road, down and a hill, hit a big tree and exploded. Then I woke up. Glad it never really happened.
Old 7/3/05 | 09:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by WERKED 66@July 3, 2005, 5:13 PM
(rant on)
... nobody has respect for bikes except the people that ride...everyone else could car less and run you over without a problem...

(rant off)
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!