2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Lack of respect from 90's mustang owners?

Search this Thread

Old 7/11/06, 07:45 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PaulF
Honestly mudshuvel, I think it's our area! I can't tell you how many times I've waved or said "Nice car!" to an 05+ and they ignore me.
PaulF I try to waive when I can. Sometimes I just see them too late to get my hand up. Also there are alot of pre 05 Mustangs in the area, it gets difficult to waive at everyone. I like all Mustangs. I had 2 Mustang II's in my past so I know what it is like to be snubbed, and have people look down their nose at you, although I didn't get snubbed as much in the King Cobra.
Old 7/11/06, 01:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rebel73
It's not so much respect as it is an acknowledgment of a mutual love for the Mustang. I also am a biker, and that's what the biker "wave" is all about - a mutual passion for the same hobby.
There you have it. I myself am a biker also. it is a great hobby of mine, and for most bikers I know it is a hobby also, ie they have a car for their main transportation and ride the bike for fun. For the majority of mustang owners out there this is not a passion or a hobby. It is a fun, enjoyable car that takes them from point A to point B. Unfortunately we, the hobbiests or enthusiasts, make up only a small portion of the mustang owners out there. If we were the majority, the mustang would be a much different product and everyone would be waving to everyone .
Old 7/11/06, 02:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I try to show respect to every mustang I see on the road, especially if I can tell the person put time into keeping it up. I have gotten waves from Mustang owners with models from 83+. Sometimes I get snubbed, but for the most part I get a thumbs up or wave.
Old 7/11/06, 06:52 PM
Bullitt Member

I was at a red light, a 1966 mustang was beside my 2006 mustang. I rolled down the window (well, actually, I pushed the switch to slide the window down ). Anyways, I asked the driver, let's pull over and take a picture.

Everytime I see a Mustang, I check out if the driver is looking over. I'll make an effort to wave. I would really like to meet up with a '69.
Attached Thumbnails Lack of respect from 90's mustang owners?-dscn0574-copy-small.jpg  
Old 7/11/06, 06:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

I honestly wasnt a huge mustang fan till the new ones came out. I havent liked there body in a long time. I liked there horsepower and power plant just not in that body.
Old 7/12/06, 04:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Over the last week I've started waving at every Mustang I see. So far, only one has waved back and it was an S197 V6 coupe that was the same color as my GT. No waves from any other S197s, SN95s (I'm not counting my daughter, she waves at me no matter what I'm in), Fox bodies...nothing!

Chip in SC
Old 7/12/06, 07:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Spirit
I was at a red light, a 1966 mustang was beside my 2006 mustang. I rolled down the window (well, actually, I pushed the switch to slide the window down ). Anyways, I asked the driver, let's pull over and take a picture.

Everytime I see a Mustang, I check out if the driver is looking over. I'll make an effort to wave. I would really like to meet up with a '69.
Very cool picture Spirit. Similar story. I was at a light, at an intersection, and saw a 69 convertible with his signals on to head in my direction. When he passed, I gave him a . He didn't see me, but his wife in the passenger seat did. She waived, and told him what I did. I looked in my side view mirror, and he gave me a back. Wish he was stopped so I could have gotten a picture too.

For me, I have always been a fan of Mustangs. My dad still has a 1966 coupe, with factory A/C. Its only a 200 staight six, but it sure is a fun drive.
Old 7/12/06, 10:36 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
I'm with nynvolt - as a SoCal resident no one really notices your car if it's not a $100k+ Benz/BMW or exotic.

That's OK! *I* notice my 'Stang and that's all that counts!!
I'm down by Newport Beach so I get a lot of those $100k cars around me when I drive around. I love to take off and leave their overpriced heaps in the dust. Unless it is a pretentious idiot in a vette or a ferrari....

I do also notice that where ever you go down here in Orange County, you will see some year of Mustang around you somewhere. Whether it is at an intersection or oncoming traffic or on the freeway, a Mustang is always around me they are everywhere! You can't say that about other makes of cars. We rule!!
Old 7/13/06, 03:30 AM
Bullitt Member

I wave or nod, most don't return reply. But its ok with me.
I wave at all makes and classics!!!
Happy Trails!!!