Old 2/5/05, 12:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice job CC. Good pics, indeed.
Old 2/5/05, 01:56 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by GMAYS@February 5, 2005, 11:32 AM
OMG what a beautiful sight a mecca of Mustang!!!

So did you get the scoop on whether they are going to pack them out of there today or will they be hanging around?? I'm feeling a road trip out 60 may be in order for the family today!!!
Actually, I stopped by Parrish Motors in Goochland on my way back and they told me that they were expecting a GT soon, from another dealer (PENCE, but they didn't say and I didn't offer it) who had a few to choose from. I said I wasn't ready to buy and that I'd most likely order one within 30-45 days.

You may luck out and see them all there. If you go today or tomorrow, as I'm not sure when the carrier is expected. From the sounds of it, they were expecting the Powhatan Ponies to be shipped off at any moment!

Weather is beautiful today in Central Virginia, so it's definitely worth a road trip. If nothing else, you can see the three remaining 'Stangs they have on their lot.
Old 2/5/05, 02:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by CelticCub@February 4, 2005, 5:33 PM
It was a fluke to begin with; the salesman told me that a British fleet company canceled their order, leaving a dozen ponies homeless. For some reason, the twelve had to be purchased as a whole. I didn't get all of the details; I was too busy checking out the cars!
They probably got caught trying to scam Ford. Fleet doesn't run into the allocation issues that the retail side contends with. Dealers order the cars as fleet, their original "buyer" mysteriously backs out and now they have 12 GT's in stock. They have really cracked down on this and if they catch you scamming, you don't get the cars. Good try though.
Old 2/5/05, 07:18 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Karpro@February 5, 2005, 4:06 PM
They probably got caught trying to scam Ford. Fleet doesn't run into the allocation issues that the retail side contends with. Dealers order the cars as fleet, their original "buyer" mysteriously backs out and now they have 12 GT's in stock. They have really cracked down on this and if they catch you scamming, you don't get the cars. Good try though.
Sounds like you know the inner workings! I've seen one of your commodity reports. You must be in the "biz." Needless to say, you're a valuable asset to this forum. I appreciate your contribution (and everyone else's too).
Old 2/6/05, 06:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Celtic...thank you, thank you, thank you...for the great tip on Pence in Powhatan.

I did indeed pack the family up and head out there yesterday afternoon, told them that all the colors on my final list were on GTs at one place and we needed to go to help me narrow down my color choice for my soon to come order!!!

We rolled in there just before 1pm and talked with Charley and he said the deal that had fallen through that had netted them the motherlode of GTs had been with Hertz...but who knows. Anyway after looking them over the discussing the fact that we were about a month or so from ordering and trying to decide on color I managed to talk him into letting us test drive one!!! OMG, I have every other dealer in Richmond calling me when a GT hits their lot but none have been willing to let me testdrive and within 10 minutes of hitting Pence I was on my way to a test drive.

I guess the wife and kids with me (for test fit!!) convinced him I wasn't going to do anything stupid and we all piled in to the Redfire and took a 5 mile test run!!! It was an auto (I'm ordering manual) but still the power and the exhaust note were awesome!! Kids fit just fine in the back and the wife was really impressed with the interior and loved both the Redfire and Mineral Gray colors. The Redfire had about 27 miles on it so I guess I'm not the only one who has driven it but it sealed the deal for me.

I'll try to post some more pics later but just wanted to let you know that you made my day yesterday by sending us on that mission!!!

Thanks! B)
Old 2/6/05, 07:55 AM
Cobra Member

Glad I could help you out! It was my pleasure. I sent you a PM with a few more details. Check out the pic; it was taken VERY early in the morning! Yes, I'm a nut. Lucky I didn't get a ticket for trespassing.
Old 2/6/05, 09:04 AM

Originally posted by CelticCub@February 6, 2005, 8:58 AM
Check out the pic; it was taken VERY early in the morning! Yes, I'm a nut. Lucky I didn't get a ticket for trespassing.
I had to laugh at this 'cuz I know what you mean ... I was feeling the same way while dh and I drove around the Roush facility last weekend taking pictures of all the Stage 1 Stangs they had on their lot (more than half of which are gone this week).
Old 2/6/05, 10:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

Celtic...yes I noticed from the light of those pics that it was an early morning out in the country!!! But I know where you're coming from...I would have gone earlier but wanted to take the wife and kids and also try to wrangle a test drive which I was successful at doing!!! Thanks again and I PMd you back as well on your message.
Old 2/6/05, 12:58 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for all the pic's ,quite the motherload of GT's at one dealership at least if your checking out different colors this is the place to go before there shipped out.
Old 2/6/05, 01:51 PM

Originally posted by CelticCub@February 4, 2005, 5:33 PM
*** UPDATE *** I got some pix! Not what I had originally intended, but here they are. It looked much more impressive when all the ponies were in a single line! Still, it was cool seeing so many together on one dealer lot. See pix below...

ORIGINAL POST: I missed a photo opportunity today that I'm sure y'all would have enjoyed:

A Richmond area Ford dealer with 14 MUSTANG GTs on the lot at one time!

The dealer got a dozen equally-equipped (including FULL IUP) 'Stangs of differing colors. To my recollection, there were at least two blacks, a mineral gray (which was already DX'd to a dealer in Florida), two torch reds, two redfires, two silvers, two legend limes, and one white. All were equipped with parchment or dark charcoal leather and automatic transmissions. All had locking upgraded wheels, alarm systems, and side airbags. None had the Shaker 1000 stereo.

Here's the rub; another dealer in town griped about how they had so few allocated and raised heck with Ford about the other dealer getting a dozen at one time. Now they have to give up all but three. Ford has already dispatched a carrier to take them away. I think the Richmond Times Dispatch might have an ad featuring the dealership's current corral.

It was a fluke to begin with; the salesman told me that a British fleet company canceled their order, leaving a dozen ponies homeless. For some reason, the twelve had to be purchased as a whole. I didn't get all of the details; I was too busy checking out the cars! What a sight! Hard to imagine this being commonplace a few months from now, eh?

The lesson here: carry a camera with you at all times. It was a sight to behold!
Old 2/6/05, 01:53 PM

Nice bunch of Mustangs... BUT... what a shame to see them parked out in the mud and muck like that. Gee. Some clean-up guy is going to have some fun.