2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Keep a CAMERA Handy at ALL Times!

Search this Thread

Old 2/4/05 | 04:30 PM
Cobra Member

*** UPDATE *** I got some pix! Not what I had originally intended, but here they are. It looked much more impressive when all the ponies were in a single line! Still, it was cool seeing so many together on one dealer lot. See pix below...

ORIGINAL POST: I missed a photo opportunity today that I'm sure y'all would have enjoyed:

A Richmond area Ford dealer with 12 MUSTANG GTs on the lot at one time!

The dealer got a dozen equally-equipped (including FULL IUP) 'Stangs of differing colors. To my recollection, there were at least two blacks, a mineral gray (which was already DX'd to a dealer in Florida), two torch reds, two redfires, two silvers, two legend limes, and one white. All were equipped with parchment or dark charcoal leather and automatic transmissions. All had locking upgraded wheels, alarm systems, and side airbags. None had the Shaker 1000 stereo.

Here's the rub; another dealer in town griped about how they had so few allocated and raised heck with Ford about the other dealer getting a dozen at one time. Now they have to give up all but three. Ford has already dispatched a carrier to take them away. I think the Richmond Times Dispatch might have an ad featuring the dealership's current corral.

It was a fluke to begin with; the salesman told me that a British fleet company canceled their order, leaving a dozen ponies homeless. For some reason, the twelve had to be purchased as a whole. I didn't get all of the details; I was too busy checking out the cars! What a sight! Hard to imagine this being commonplace a few months from now, eh?

The lesson here: carry a camera with you at all times. It was a sight to behold!
Old 2/4/05 | 04:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wow!
Old 2/4/05 | 04:38 PM
Cobra Member

You wouldn't be able to control your bladder if you ever drove through AAI
Old 2/4/05 | 04:50 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Amy V6@February 4, 2005, 6:41 PM
What's AAI? Sorry if that sounds dumb...

Hey, did you get my response on your NAIAS pix? About cracked me up! Wasn't lighting a pain at the Cobo Center? If you weren't getting blinded by strobes and spot lights, you were in the shadows. Not the best place to get pix of cars, but yours were outstanding!
Old 2/4/05 | 05:06 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by CelticCub+February 4, 2005, 7:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CelticCub @ February 4, 2005, 7:53 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Amy V6@February 4, 2005, 6:41 PM
What's AAI? Sorry if that sounds dumb...

Hey, did you get my response on your NAIAS pix? About cracked me up! Wasn't lighting a pain at the Cobo Center? If you weren't getting blinded by strobes and spot lights, you were in the shadows. Not the best place to get pix of cars, but yours were outstanding!
[/b][/quote]

Chris.. I'm ashamed of you Your lil Audi has gone to your head.

AAI is Auto Alliance International.... AKA WHERE THE 2005 MUSTANG (and Mazda 6) ARE BUILT AT.

Yup.. saw your comment in that NAIAS thread and replied I just yell at people to move it if they are in my way
Old 2/4/05 | 05:12 PM
Cobra Member

Here's an old picture from last year to give ya an idea. Hope you're near a potty

Old 2/4/05 | 05:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Old 2/4/05 | 05:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

And for those now joining our program in progress, these pictures demonstrate precisely how AmyV6 got her official title. Plus she demonstrated incredible control over her bladder
Old 2/4/05 | 05:23 PM
V6 Member

A guy followed me taking pictures of my car a few nights ago. Quite funny!
Old 2/4/05 | 05:26 PM
Cobra Member

hahaha

Thanks to another forum member who had enough courage to drive through there. I didn't know where that street led too and was too scared to find out

Different story now... I think they know my car I flashed my brights (as I "Hi" sign) to one of them driving on the street behind the plant.. they did the samething back. And got a thumbs up in the mirror from the guy in the WB V6 vert that was chased.

Ahhhhhhhh, the old golden years. Remember this picture and what happened next?

Old 2/4/05 | 05:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Oh yes I remember. Any chance you still have that video around ? That would be a blast to see again.
Old 2/4/05 | 05:33 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by os121@February 4, 2005, 8:30 PM
Oh yes I remember. Any chance you still have that video around ? That would be a blast to see again.
Yup... I still have it. I just need a host I wish I would've kept taping... the rest of what happened was hilarious. She went on and on about how I was breaking the law and then.. she cut me off when I was trying to park in a parking spot there. Our cars stood there.. nose to nose for what felt like atleast 5 mins.. and me laughing with my friend wondering what the heck we should do next.

Might not have helped that the day before this picture and the video was taken, that I followed her in a very early vert test mule (way before any pics turned up and me without my camera) .. I followed her in that one on a 50 mile journey hahaha I was on the cell phone with some people from another website talking about it hahaha CRAZY.
Old 2/4/05 | 06:00 PM
Cobra Member

Amy, you are the PHOTO GODDESS! And I am rightfully ashamed for not knowing what AAI was/is. Argh! Too many acronyms to remember!

Now where did I leave those wire cutters? That barbed wire on the fence looks menacing enough. But the only thing that would have kept me out was if the fence was electrified!

Anybody got a "depends" for a brother?

I'm still gonna get up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to see if I can get a pic...
Old 2/4/05 | 06:58 PM
Big Falken Tires

Awesome pics!

(ooooooooooo........ I think I just made wee wee in my happiness.... )
Old 2/4/05 | 07:05 PM
Bullitt Member

[quote=Amy V6,February 4, 2005, 6:15 PM]
Here's an old picture from last year to give ya an idea. Hope you're near a potty

Old 2/4/05 | 10:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Celtic...what dealer in Richmond had all those ponies??? I'm in Richmond too and close to ready to order!!! Man would love to find some on the lot and not suffer "The Wait"!!!
Old 2/4/05 | 10:46 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by GMAYS@February 5, 2005, 12:39 AM
Celtic...what dealer in Richmond had all those ponies??? I'm in Richmond too and close to ready to order!!! Man would love to find some on the lot and not suffer "The Wait"!!!
They're at PENCE FORD in Powhatan on Route 60, about 30 miles west of Richmond. However, I think they may be loaded onto the carrier early Saturday morning. Get there early if you want to see them! I'm planning on heading out there to snap a pic beforehand. I'm also not sure where the ponies are going; they may be distributed to other local dealerships, to placate their sales managers.

This was really an oddity for this dealership. They're in farmland, USA, so most of their business comes from selling trucks for farm use. They usually keep a relatively small inventory of cars. This is where I've purchased two of my Fords. Great dealership. Very friendly and customer-service oriented. Ask for Jim Systerman. He's a no-BS kinda guy. Very refreshing!

If he asks how you learned about the Mustangs on the lot, just tell him you heard it through the grapevine. You dig? Thanks!
Old 2/4/05 | 11:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks Celtic!! Yes, I hadn't checked Powhatan before...usually look at Sheehy on Midlo or Richmond Ford on Broad given my location. Take shots if you can get them!!
Old 2/5/05 | 09:10 AM
Cobra Member

NEW Pix uploaded! Check out first post...
Old 2/5/05 | 09:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

OMG what a beautiful sight a mecca of Mustang!!!

So did you get the scoop on whether they are going to pack them out of there today or will they be hanging around?? I'm feeling a road trip out 60 may be in order for the family today!!!

Quick Reply: Keep a CAMERA Handy at ALL Times!