2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Jerk hits my GT in parking lot!

Search this Thread

Old 4/29/05, 09:14 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kudos to the witnesses. I love that part. Seems like stuff like that happens less and less these days.
Old 4/29/05, 09:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if I would have called the cops, or just gave it back to him by sticking a gas soaked rag in his tank and light it!

Just goes to show you, don't take nice cars to a white trash store like Wal-Mart!!
Old 4/29/05, 09:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Glad to read that someone actually cared enough about what they saw to stick around and let you know what really happened to your car.

What the heck is the attraction of parking near an apparently brand new car when it is off all by itself? :bang: It is like some people just want to tempt fate and see if anyone notices.

To those that mess with other people's cars, I say SCREW YOU! :nono:

EK
Old 4/29/05, 09:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear your ride got hit. You have to wonder about some of the nutbar drivers out there. I will park away from everybody like right across the Walmart lot and some jerk will park his old rust bucket near my car, makes you wonder what they are trying to prove. Yesterday my son asked me to drive him to a job interview and he complained that I parked far away from the general parking area. I explained to him when he buys a $26343.00 Mustang then he can park where ever he wants. I think my son will be walking to his next job interview with that attitude.
Old 4/29/05, 09:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Drew, you should found out the names of the witnesses and send them something... IMO. Not many people would get involved, and its always great when they take the time to help out.

When I was hit by a woman who ran a redlight (she later admitted she was cleaning her glasses) it could have easily turned into a 'she said/ she said" but a witness who was traveling behind the woman stopped and shouted out that she saw the whole thing! She asked if I wanted her to stay and speak to the police, and I said, "yes, if you would please!!" And she did... it was raining, early in the morning-- but she stayed. I never did get to speak to the witness face to face, I was hurt and shaken up, plus she was on the other side of the highway. But, after it was over, I went to the Police Dept and asked for her name and address. I then went to the florist and sent her a plant.

I'm not saying you have to go out and buy them something, but a call or card would be a nice way to let them know you appreciate what they did.

Old 4/29/05, 09:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by poldrv@April 29, 2005, 9:27 AM
Sorry to hear your ride got hit. You have to wonder about some of the nutbar drivers out there. I will park away from everybody like right across the Walmart lot and some jerk will park his old rust bucket near my car, makes you wonder what they are trying to prove. Yesterday my son asked me to drive him to a job interview and he complained that I parked far away from the general parking area. I explained to him when he buys a $26343.00 Mustang then he can park where ever he wants. I think my son will be walking to his next job interview with that attitude.

I totally AGREE!! I park way out, never thought much of it,... just always seemed like the right thing to do... but it was funny one day a relative asked my kids how they like going places in the new mustang! My oldest daughter said, "Oh, I love it, but we sure walk alot more now!"

Kids... gotta love em!
Old 4/29/05, 09:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

What an idiot. People that stupid and careless deserve whats coming to them. The thing I dont get is if he was going to be rude enough not to leave a note and try avoiding facing what he did why in the heck did not he not just leave that Walmart all together and go to another one. I am sure it was not like the only Walmart in town. HELLO!! What a looser. Well I am glad he didnt cause otherwise you would have been stuck with the damage.

Goog luck with the repairs!!
Old 4/29/05, 09:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Dont feel bad about telling his boss either. If his boss isnt a total idiot like his worker he will appreciate the fact that you told him. He deserves to be fired. Accidents are just that. Dont take off. Sh8t happens and living up to them and facing it would be the adult thing to do. This kid isnt mature or smart enough to have a job apparently. if one of my people did that Id fire them on the spot for the lying part. In fact when I was reading your story and the truck description I had to look real quick to see where you were located. We have an F-350 we use for delivery and I could picture one of my people doing that!LOL I was releived you were in PA and not Maine. GL with the fix..sounds like a easy one although inconveniant and I would also recommend sending those witnesses something. Great couple of people and if everyone was more like them we'd all be better off
Old 4/29/05, 09:59 AM
Cobra Member

read this crazy story make you think twice about who`s driving next to you.

April 25, 2005

A multi-car accident near Times Square Monday shut down a portion of 42nd Street and sent almost a dozen people to the hospital.

A cab rear-ended a car at the corner of 42nd Street and Eighth Avenue, police said, and the car struck a pedestrian. The cab driver tried to flee the scene but ended up striking several other cabs and a two mini-buses, according to police.

“I caught sight of the cab, and it was just like a flash,†said eyewitness Mahdy Parks. “He hit somebody, he spun around, he got hit and then he careened straight here. It caused a chain reaction that I saw in plain view because the chain reaction happened right in front of me, where all of the cabs just went crunch, crunch, crunch, going all the way up like four cars ahead.â€

“[The taxi driver] caused this entire thing,†said witness Donna Benjamin. “He was speeding like lightning.â€

The cab's roof had to be removed to get the driver out. He was taken to the hospital along with a female passenger who was pregnant. Both are listed in serious condition.

Nine others, including people on the buses and in other cabs, also received medical treatment for injuries.

Witnesses said just seeing the accident left them shaken up.

“I've seen people get hit by cars. I've seen some things. I've never seen anything that happened so fast and looked so bad," said Parks.

"It was terrible. It was terrible,†said Gonzalo Aguilar, another passerby who witnessed the accident. â€I've never seen anything like that before."

So far no arrests have been made. Police say they are investigating the incident.

Police have also reopened 42nd Street to traffic.
Old 4/29/05, 10:34 AM
GT Member

Glad all is working out! In California, that would have been a hit-and-run and the truck driver would be in serious legal trouble. It's a felony.

I was out this morning and as I drove by the high school I saw a kid standing in a parking lot across the street throwing rocks at a mini-van. Big rocks. And he hit the van a lot. There were a ton of dings. I got all worked up thinking what I'd do if that were my stang. I got so mad I turned around and went back. By then he was gone, but the van was in rough shape. Then I noticed it is a government plate and probably owned by the school district. So I get to pay for it, along with all the other taxpayers in the state.

I'm glad those guys were there in the lot and helped you out! Restores some faith in my fellow man!
Old 4/29/05, 01:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

And now, the rest of the story............

First, thanks for all the comments, supportive and informative! I now know I am white trash for shopping at WalMart. How am I going to tell my mother? And I will be contacting my witnesses to work out a way to say thanks.

Cops sited the kid for "Accident involving an unattended vehicle" which will cost him 3 points on his license and a fine (not sure how much). Took the car to the dealer today and the cost will be about what John said, $605. And they will paint the cover off the car (thanks Leesi).

Then drove it to the owners business. The kid had not told him about it. He was great. I showed him the damage and gave him a copy of the estimate. He said "my deductable is $2500, how about if I write you a check for the $605 right now"? That'll work! And he didn't fire the kid, he is taking it out of his pay. That also works for me. If he just fired him he might not feel the loss, this way he will. I am satisfied.

So this one ended as well as can be expected. Now waiting on the parts to come in. Thanks again everyone.
Old 4/29/05, 01:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wow, great outcome... sorry you had to go through with it, but besides the kid, I think everyone involved acted as they should have.... .... best of luck with the repairs
Old 4/29/05, 01:15 PM
Retired Tms Staff

That stinks but good thing it is just a bumper and not the side of the car. It is nice when people hang around for you to give you the information.

Edit: Just read the final outcome part. That is great, I just that the estimate you got does not end up being lower than the actual cost to repair it. Gotta remember, quite often they find other things wrong after an accident. You are now stuck with paying the difference since you received that check. That is why he was so eager to pay.
Old 4/29/05, 01:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here is what you need to do. Get on eBay and buy a take off bumper for $150-200. These are brand new bumpers that are factory painted and takes offs from Roush and Saleen. That way you dont have to worry about a bad paint job, you will have a factory painted bumper and pocket $400 bucks.
Old 4/29/05, 01:19 PM
Retired Tms Staff

I know if someone hits the front of my car I will be going with a different bumper. Hmmm, maybe I should let my wife take the car out for a spin this weekend
Old 4/29/05, 01:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@April 29, 2005, 1:22 PM
I know if someone hits the front of my car I will be going with a different bumper. Hmmm, maybe I should let my wife take the car out for a spin this weekend

Just let her go to Walmart LOL
Old 4/29/05, 01:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Kudos to the kids boss for taking care of you and then teaching the kids a lesson.

EK
Old 4/29/05, 01:41 PM
Cobra R Member

I'm originally from PA. PA used to be a no fault State. My dad lives in Erie when he is not in Florida snow birding.

I park across the street from Walmart parking lots! It is amazing how bad folks drive through parking lots.

One funny thing though. No matter how far away that I park, there is usually a car or two parked near when I come back! The newness will wear off some time, I guess.
Old 4/29/05, 02:43 PM
FR500 Member

shows how nice some can be and how people really like these cars.....isnt it odd how u park far away from people yet stuff still happens
Old 4/29/05, 02:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@April 29, 2005, 2:46 PM
shows how nice some can be and how people really like these cars.....isnt it odd how u park far away from people yet stuff still happens

YUP! Parked mine wayyyy far from Walmart, yet a gust of wind blew the buggy right into the side of my car

9 days old. I drove home (45 min) no radio, no talking... just in shock and disgust

Quick Reply: Jerk hits my GT in parking lot!