2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I've definitly lost my mystique.

Search this Thread

Old 7/16/05, 11:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess i'm lucky living in a non tourist area. My 6 still turns heads and if I even see 1 other a day, thats a lot.
Old 7/16/05, 01:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay, I ordered 10/20/04 and took delivery 12/28/04 of my 05 Mustang GT (details on car and order/build/shipping/delivery dates in my signature).
Since lots of people here had been getting lots of attention while driving their Mustangs I started looking around to see if the same thing would happen to me...and I didn't see anything going on ( or from other drivers).
I do get the occasional today, but those are few and far between.

In regard to the number of 05's I've seen on the road...from the time the 05's started production in August of 04 until after I got my car in December I had only saw ONE 05 Mustang on the road, and a few on dealer lots...but AFTER I got my car I've been seeing lots of 05's on the road.

But I guess that's to be expected since the 05 is a popular car.
Old 7/16/05, 06:17 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

[quote=yur1279,July 16, 2005, 11:51 AM]
I guess i'm lucky living in a non tourist area. My 6 still turns heads and if I even see 1 other a day, thats a lot.
[/quote
Thats only cause Eleanor and I have self banned ourselves from the island.
(Long story but I have some heads up there I wanna roll)
Old 7/16/05, 06:23 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by derynf@July 16, 2005, 10:45 AM
Zep,
You were supposed to come see me at Dean& Deluca.

I don't work there anymore, now. You should check this out.
http://www.blackmustangclub.com/foru...ead.php?t=8171

I went over to Napa a few weeks ago, but we didnt pass through D&D once.
that's gonna be an awesome meet. I would feel kinda odd going with my girlfriend and her silver stang :P
Maybe I'll go rent a black one for the get together
Old 7/16/05, 07:23 PM
Cobra Member

I saw a gt vert ,a gt coupe and a v6 yesterday
Old 7/16/05, 09:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Drove up to Albany today and on the NYS Thruway got a thumbs up from a Magnum SXT, and a '78(?) modded out orange Nova. Pasted two '04s and they both wouldn't look over for a thumbs up.

Also got a glare from a BMW. Exit 24 off the Thruway getting onto 90W (ramp 1N) is a very nice S curve. Passed the BMW on outside lane at the apex and then switched lanes for the next apex to the outside line and passed an SLK. They were not happy.

Side note: merging off the ramp onto 90W shifted from 2nd to 3rd at 55MPH and at that same exact moment as the shift the song Magic Carpet Ride was playing and it hit the point in the song where it "kicks in". I LOVE THIS CAR!!
Old 7/16/05, 09:46 PM
Cobra Member

I still don't see a lot of them around this area (Dallas), maybe 3 or 4 a week.

I don't get a lot of looks with the top up, but drop the top and it's a stare-fest The black paint is practically a mirror when it's clean (it's clean most of the time) and the red interior is a great contrast when the top's down. It's a real attention-getter.
Old 7/19/05, 08:41 AM
Bullitt Member

If your not being noticed maybe it's time to consider some external mods? It's amazing what rolled tail pipes, lowering the car, new wheels, pony spinners, hood pins, and stripes will do to set you apart from the rental crowd.
Old 7/19/05, 08:44 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fortunately there are not too many in my area but that is not stopping me from making mine look a bit different.
Old 7/19/05, 09:03 AM
FR500 Member

There are a bunch in and around New Orleans. Mine still turns heads though. But that may be because I have the only striped '05 around with a hood scoop and a ducktail. But there is an easy answer to your (and other's) problem of losing the mystique. Mod your car so that it looks and/or sounds like a one of a kind.

Edit: If you really want people to turn heads and look at your car, get a loud exhaust. 95% of the people out there on the roads are in their own little worlds, and don't even pay attention to anyone around them. They have somewhere to go, and get tunnel vision until they get there. But, people's ears are always working when they are driving. So much so that they could hear the smallest little rattle inside their car. So, having a loud exhaust will get them looking your way. Now, whether they just look at your car for a split second, or practically break their necks trying to get a better look, is completely up to the way your car looks on the outside.
Old 7/19/05, 09:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Mine still turns heads here in Cincinnati, there aren't a lot of GT's around, a few 6ers. But yeah, I need to get to those mods : )
Old 7/19/05, 09:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ordered louvers from cal-mustang last week
Ordered California dream hood this morning.

And for those that want to tempt the law. I ordered a strobe kit. "Strictly for Car shows"
Old 7/19/05, 09:51 AM
Bullitt Member

I'll never forge the climax of the attention that my car drew. I went to get some icecream and a young guy in highschool saw the car. I went inside and heard him talking about that wicked looking 05 mustang. My wife chimed in - "You like it? It's ours!" I'm not one much for being noticed, so I turned about the same color red as my seats. The guy was freekin' out behind the counter. As we got our icecream, all he could do was talk Mustangs and how he wanted one of the 05's. The girls behind the counter were rolling their eyes and giggling, but he didn't care.

I saw it as a chance to make his day. I said "If you like it so much, why not come outside and sit in it? He was like... "REALLY!?!? AWESOME!" He followed us out of the store and nearly bowled me over to get to the fender where he stared at himself in the paint. His jaw was on the ground. I opened the door and fired it up and let him sit in it. I could see that I had made his day all around and he just thanked me countless times and complimented it.

All I could think of as I drove away was - I'm glad I had a chance to make that kid's day. I would have KILLED for someone to have done that when I was his age. Hopefully he will fufill his dreams and own an 05 some day.

I've noticed that people STILL love to look at the car. I get folks wanting to entice me to take off or such. I'm just a lowly V6 owner, so I'm not game for running people (lost my boy racer attitude a long time ago). Even though there are more and more on the road, they still garner lots of looks aroud here.

BTW, how do you guys know a rental from an owner? I'm sure there are the little decals, but folks in oncoming traffic and such... how would you know?
Old 7/19/05, 10:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Actually in my area its real easy. Most of them were all registered at them same time so the licence plates are almost sequential. When you see 3-V6 in one day with the licence plate 5NEY*** it has to be a rental.
Old 7/19/05, 10:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

When I got my V6, I had seen only 4 or 5 05 (just one GT). Now, I'm seeing more and more each day (my neighbor brought home a screaming yellow V6 5 months after I got mine). With new wheels, chrome license plate frames and a couple nice tailpipes, the looks keep coming.... now I have just enough shiny bits to really take me back to the days of riding in my old '68.
Old 7/19/05, 12:38 PM
GT Member

In my daily travels I don't see any 05's. Sometimes on the week-end will see one or two, still a rare site here in Cols Oh.
Old 7/19/05, 01:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Stanger... btw... that is a GREAT story!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 7/19/05, 04:15 PM
Cobra R Member

What Acadian said.

My car has not lost it for ME!

I have not seen an 05 with real hood pins in person other than mine.

My car's exhaust turns heads too. I especially like the eco weenies who scow at me as I drive by.
Old 7/19/05, 04:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have seen about 3 or 4 05 Mustangs around town, there is a yellow GT at the dealerships. I haven't seen any others around here besides those, but closer to Oklahoma City, I see a lot more. My friend is renting a GT conv., he's in Vegas
Old 7/19/05, 04:42 PM
GT Member

StangerX,

That is a great story! Man, that is too cool. That kid will remember you for the rest of his life!!!

I still get head turns every now and again because I have the vert. There aren't many vert's here in St. Louis (GT or V6) but alot of coupes. I see 3-4 a day. But I think they are the same folks as I have a 45 minute drive into work and see them on my way in, or my way home.

I have a feeling that next year will change everything. There will be alot on the road. But I still love mine no matter how many folks have em. I think that once I'm done with the perf mods I want, I'll start with the exterior mods to "make the care mine". I'm struggling with striping the redfire vert. I don't know what color would look good on the redfire. I'm thinking white.

Hey hamidlmt!! I didn't know you hung out here also.

Frank

Quick Reply: I've definitly lost my mystique.