2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

IUP on GT

Search this Thread

Old 11/16/04, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been ******* my dealer ref an order (GT, IUP) I made the end of September :scratch: and here's the latest feedback:

Talked to my rep today. Ford has cancelled the Int Upgrade option. Have
made available instead a Int sport pkg. Includes:Leather wrap wheel w/ Satin
spokes and a satin trans handle. Do you want me to make this change? If so,
she can schedule next week. :bang:

On the forums I thought this was only focused on V6's, so what gives? Ford isn't really impressing me with this Mustang fiasco. Oh well, just thought I would pass the words he said--not sure it's the truth.
Old 11/16/04, 06:02 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Find a different dealer, apparantly your order hasn't been placed yet. I just ordered mine last weekend, Ford showed it as avail in their computer. But I did have a different dealer tell me the same thing, I think he was trying to get me to buy the one in the showroom. I found a different dealer. HOPEFULLY your dealer is wrong, otherwise I'm too!
Old 11/16/04, 06:17 PM
Bullitt Member

I hope this isn't true. Maybe a dealer can scan the correspondence from Ford for us to view. I need that Aluminum dash!
Old 11/16/04, 06:45 PM
FR500 Member

r u kidding me........come on u think they arent gonna give people the leather seats and the mycolor?? im gonna go call the dealer right now and find out........ill report back
Old 11/16/04, 06:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@November 16, 2004, 5:48 PM
r u kidding me........come on u think they arent gonna give people the leather seats and the mycolor?? im gonna go call the dealer right now and find out........ill report back
Greg, it's a pain for sure.....but I don't think the Leather seats are affected. If I don't have a build date issued to me by next week (I ordered on Nov. 1st), then I will seriously consider purchasing the Torch Red on Red GT next week when it comes in as normal allocation. I don't want to hold out for my Silver if it's going to possibly be short changed by what I can and can't get. Half of an interior upgrade with Red Leather will look like crap.....
Old 11/16/04, 06:56 PM
FR500 Member

yea i just got off the phone.........its not true at all........this dealer is a high volume dealer. i was like this is very disappointing news and they checked the computer and hes like..............yes greg the option is available. then he started telling me what comes with it and im like yea its all awesome stuff. and he said howcome u wanna wait till fedruary to order when u can order now and have it by then and time like because i want it for spring......im still confused i really think i should order in january
Old 11/16/04, 07:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Greg, when do you want the car in your posession? If you ordered today, you could avoid the price increase that I hear is coming on Nov. 29th (according to what has been posted), and probably wouldn't get your car until sometime in January anyway....possibly even February?
Old 11/16/04, 08:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
IUP is in high demand, and there's not enough to go around. This has been discussed before. They're offering IUP Lite, which removed the Mycolor and the aluminum dash, but kept the steering wheel and shifter brightwork. That's all IUP is, brightwork. Car's the same, leather is not affected.

V6s can't get either one, IIRC.

They way underestimated the demand for IUP and this is the unfortunate result.

The IUP Lite I wouldn't mind, it's all about the leather steering wheel. However, without ALL the gauges (you lose Oil and Battery), that's why I just have to have the IUP. I want those four gauges.

Guess I'll wait...
Old 11/16/04, 08:16 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Is there any way we can get something official from Ford??? This is a load of crap. I would like to know what the official deal is or if it's just a bunch of dealer Something official from Ford PLEASE!
Old 11/16/04, 08:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by houtex@November 16, 2004, 9:12 PM
IUP is in high demand, and there's not enough to go around. This has been discussed before. They're offering IUP Lite, which removed the Mycolor and the aluminum dash, but kept the steering wheel and shifter brightwork. That's all IUP is, brightwork. Car's the same, leather is not affected.

The IUP Lite I wouldn't mind, it's all about the leather steering wheel. However, without ALL the gauges (you lose Oil and Battery), that's why I just have to have the IUP. I want those four gauges.

Guess I'll wait...
Ok well the IUP Lite I DO mind. I do not want it & WILL NOT accept it. I will have the IUP or NOTHING. Ok, sorry, I just had to let that one out. Anyway. I totally agree with you on the gagues. That is a defient major reason I wanted the IUP instead of non-IUP. I mean we have enough dummy light as it is we don't need 2 more. We need the gagues.

Here's an idea that Ford should have tried. They should have contacted ALL of it's mustang owners & a sample of it's customers who own other Ford vehicles & sent us a survey about the new 'stang. This, I know, would not have FULLY represented the potential IUP orders but it would have been a help either way. Maybe they can use that suggestion for their next new car they decide to produce.

Cheermates.
Old 11/16/04, 08:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Giddyup+November 16, 2004, 7:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Giddyup @ November 16, 2004, 7:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RaGsHoCkEy88@November 16, 2004, 5:48 PM
Greg, it's a pain for sure.....but I don't think the Leather seats are affected. If I don't have a build date issued to me by next week (I ordered on Nov. 1st), then I will seriously consider purchasing the Torch Red on Red GT next week when it comes in as normal allocation. I don't want to hold out for my Silver if it's going to possibly be short changed by what I can and can't get. Half of an interior upgrade with Red Leather will look like crap..... [/b][/quote]
When you see the Torch Red/Red you'll forget about the silver.
Old 11/16/04, 09:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@November 16, 2004, 9:19 PM
Is there any way we can get something official from Ford??? This is a load of crap. I would like to know what the official deal is or if it's just a bunch of dealer Something official from Ford PLEASE!
What are you looking for? The IUP is available on the GT only at this point. There is more demand than supply. To ease this situation they are offering a substitute, 18R package. If you are willing to wait a little while, you will get the full IUP. If you are in a hurry the IUP "lite" is your choice.
Old 11/16/04, 09:38 PM
GT Member

Quick question. If I already have a vin and build date of Dec. 6 should I worry?
Old 11/16/04, 10:23 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Lynx4Ben@November 17, 2004, 12:41 AM
Quick question. If I already have a vin and build date of Dec. 6 should I worry?
Your answer comes in the form of two letters.

BTW, you should note that the build date is actually a build week.
Old 11/17/04, 03:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Here is the likelihood that that package is cancelled. IMHO

I have no direct association with the manufacturing of the IUP parts.
My company does manufacture parts for the fuel system though.
I have been in manufacturing for 24 years. So here is my take.
The big three will make overall estimations of components required based on past sales, economic conditions, consumer habits etc.
When jobs are awarded the supplier (ABC company) must prove that it can meet demand by doing what is called a run at rate which is heavily scrutinized. Having said that, any smart engineer will build into the system a buffer so to speak. He will design the system to produce the required build at let's say 70% capacity.

That is to say for example that if the production required is 7,000 units per day the manufacturing process should be and usually is capable of 10,000 units per day. In today’s world this is a must.

Now, when demand goes up, the supplier has room to accommodate it.
The other option is adding shifts, Saturday and Sunday overtime and/or modifications to the process to meet demand. Suppliers will stop at nothing to keep the big three happy if they know what is good for them.

There are three things that can throw a wrench into this whole thing.

1) Raw material supplies.

This is one that manufacturers have to be very careful about. Just as supplier ABC company is committed to supply to the big three, XYZ sub-supplier is committed to supplier ABC. It is very often the case to have multiple tear suppliers. If any one of these suppliers has raw material supply problems, the issues trickle up hill. We for example have a plastic resin that has 16-20 week lead time. So if Ford drops in a higher production number it could take us 20 weeks to have the materials to meet demand.

2) Equipment issues.

If equipment was not designed to accommodate higher output this would obviously be a problem. Suppliers will resort to
Saturday and Sunday work to meet demand. This will increase production by 20% and 40% respectively. Equipment will be upgraded accordingly.

If suppliers have equipment reliability issues (frequent breakdowns), these things are usually dealt with early on.

3) Union strikes

Nuff said

My bottom line take on all of this is simply time. The initial rush is more than Ford expected. I am 100% certain based on my 24 years in the business that things will return to normal fairly soon. How long? No one knows. Probably not even Ford. That is why we aren't hearing anything.
If it was going to be an option that was going away the dealerships would know about it and have a cutoff date. Ford is winging it for now waiting for suppliers to come up to speed.

Paitients young grasshopper's

My 2 cents. Sorry for being long winded.
Old 11/17/04, 06:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by houtex@November 16, 2004, 9:12 PM

Guess I'll wait...
I thought that the IUP lite was mainly for the V6s since they can't get the full IUP?