Old 10/20/04, 06:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea Donna but can it get the call right at the ball park??? :worship:

What a thread!
Old 10/20/04, 06:09 PM
V6 Member

Yep. That's it. I'm getting a 2004 GT or I'm going to a different company.
Old 10/20/04, 06:16 PM
FR500 Member

See Ya....
Old 10/20/04, 06:19 PM
Cobra Member

by
Old 10/20/04, 06:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Outa here
Old 10/20/04, 06:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Here's the email....I go to class and all of you start fighting gt...v6..no iup...geez

Revision: Message sent to us from "Bill Stang" SW Regional Mgr.
"Run for the Record" (prg# 7648) Dealer Stairstep.

As with every program we launch, communication is the difference between success and failure (i.e. Ford and Chevy). There is a lot of programs in place currently, but we need to OVER communicate the "Run for the Record" (prg# 7648). We are the only Region in the country that has this program, therefore the success/ failure of this program will be very visible.

In addition.... Detroit just announce the "BIG SUV" Fast Cash Certificates (prg#3920). This will allow up to an additional $1500 on Explorers. Every dealer in the Region should exceed their Fast Start Objective!!!

Week 42 scheduling starts tomorrow: October 21st: Please remember..on the
2005 Mustang Coupes (T80 models)...the "18G" is no longer available. If you
look at your coupes in your orderbanks..they show material hold..its the "18G".
Cannot schedule...2005 Mustang Coupes with this option. (18G)

Point-of-purchase displays for Five Hundred and Freestyle were shipped October 1 and should have arrived at Dealerships. A letter to dealers communicating how the POP displays should be installed accompanied the materials. PLEASE..use these displays to feature your stock, or in transit 500s and Freestyles.

Ford 500 Retail Sales: They are starting to arrive at your dealerships.
There is less than "400" in stock for the Southwest..on the ground in stock...but, more are arriving daily/weekly. Here is the top "four" zones in the SW Region reporting retail "Ford 500s" sold. The Southwest Region has retailed "70" Ford 500s..so far.

Zone A (10) Metro Dallas, Zone E (9) San Antonio,
Zone C (7) Houston South, Zone W (7) Oklahoma Selects.
Note: "Freestyles" there has been "27" retailed in the SW Region..so far. Less than "200" in stock.
Again, Oklahoma Selects (Zone W) is running 3rd on freestyle sales reported sold in the SW Region. Congradulations...Oklahoma Selects..setting the retail pace for both North (V) and South (X) Texas Selects.

Retail Sales: Area sales around North Texas Selects; Zone V (sales reported thru 10-19)
Temple 36 Wichita Falls 26
Killeen 53 Ardmore 13
Waco 28 Lawton 42
Midland 42 Sherman 38
Odessa 60 Pilot Point 28
Messer Lub; 33 Sulphur Sprgs. 22
Messer Ama: 45 Tyler 39
Abilene 51 Marshall 22
San Angelo 29 Kilgore 17
Weatherford 54 Texarkana 36
McKinney 79 Denton 41
================================================== =========================
Please continue to report...your retail sales "DAILY".
Thanks...Rick.
Old 10/20/04, 06:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thats because you went to class and we have none. Thanks for the update. 6 cylinders only right?
Old 10/20/04, 06:36 PM
Bullitt Member

According to the email v6 only.
Old 10/20/04, 06:49 PM
Bullitt Member

It seems the IUP is a lot more popular than what Ford had planned. The IUP is now only being built on GT models. And it is limited on GTs also at this time. If your V6 does not have a vin # and a build date you will not get one with IUP at this time. Also, it seems Ford does not have enough supply of the IUP for V6 that have been scheduled. Therefore, some V6 with vin #'s are on material hold. These cars will not be built at this time unless the IUP is removed from the order. Call your dealer to get your status. Hopefully, the supplier of this package will be able to increase production so this restriction can be lifted.
Old 10/20/04, 07:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here's a ? for you guys who show a hold. Around when did you guys order & what was the status before the hold showed up?

Mine show clean, unscheduled. The GM at my dealer said that that means that they looked at my order (which includes IUP) & the computer cleared it to be submitted to the plant because they had everything to build it. Can anyone tell me FOR SURE if it will or will not have the IUP?

Cheers mates
Old 10/20/04, 07:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered mine on the 7th of October I believe it was. If what they're saying is true I hope my GT IUP gets cleared up so I can be driving my new car home for xmas.
Old 10/20/04, 07:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by kerafaith@October 20, 2004, 9:04 PM
Here's a ? for you guys who show a hold. Around when did you guys order & what was the status before the hold showed up?

Mine show clean, unscheduled. The GM at my dealer said that that means that they looked at my order (which includes IUP) & the computer cleared it to be submitted to the plant because they had everything to build it. Can anyone tell me FOR SURE if it will or will not have the IUP?

Cheers mates
No, it will not be built with the IUP at this time. Your order is unscheduled. This means it is just sitting in your dealers order bank waiting for Ford to schedule it to be built. I would guess that if you check with your dealer now your order says "material hold" or "compat hold'
Old 10/20/04, 07:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have a GT with IUP. It first said clean unscheduled with a vin anf then the next week went to Temp Delay and it has been at that status for 10 days.
Old 10/20/04, 07:24 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine is scheduled to be built on Nov 11. Nothing about HOLD on the DORA I just picked up
Old 10/20/04, 07:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by BEK355+October 20, 2004, 7:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BEK355 @ October 20, 2004, 7:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kerafaith@October 20, 2004, 9:04 PM

Cheers mates
No, it will not be built with the IUP at this time. Your order is unscheduled. This means it is just sitting in your dealers order bank waiting for Ford to schedule it to be built. I would guess that if you check with your dealer now your order says "material hold" or "compat hold' [/b][/quote]
I did check with my dealer today. And he told me it was clean, unscheduled. He also said that the system doens't get updated until Friday so to check back next Mon or Tuesday.

See though my order is kinda weird. I have an 03 that is basically a Lemon. I sent an application to Ford & they agreed to take my 03 & exchange it for a new one at the same or higher bottom MSRP (anything higher we pay the difference & taxes on that). So, this 05 is te replacement vehicle for the 03.

My GM told me that he has the order # & he called MI to explain the situation to them & now they have the order #. They've had it for like 3 weeks now. They were supossed to expodite it & move it to the front of the line. Because until they get me the 05 I am still driving around in the 03 & am still haveing to have things replaced under the warranty (thermastat, etc). So, in your opinion, if they do that WILL I get my IUP?

Like I stated in an earlier thread if I don't get the IUP I am not sure what I am going to do. I can either accept it & drive it a month or so or refuse it & then I am stuck with the 03 Lemon.

Sorry, I keep asking the same question over & over again. But I really WANT IUP. That the leather, and ESP was 3 things I refused to negotiate on with my family. So, I am kinda in a ditch here until I know for sure.

BTW: Ford SHOULD have anticaipated this. I mean come on Ford, grow a brain. Something THIS kool is offered & they don't think THAT many people will want it.

cheers mates
Old 10/20/04, 09:32 PM
GT Member

Such a major shortage on the IUP is really surprising, Ford has been promoting the IUP (I mean, every article that we have read mentions the my color feature). Why would ford not push the suppliers to speed up their production.
Well the logic on the other side could be that Ford knows that the craze for GT is high because of pre-orders and once this is through they can basically push the V6's to the lot and people will not know the difference of with or without the IUP and buy it. I mean how many people who are seeing the car or pics for the first time would even know that IUP was an option.
Hopefully Ford will have this issue resolved and all the mustang fanatics can have the IUP.
Old 10/21/04, 05:22 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Grantsdale+October 20, 2004, 6:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grantsdale @ October 20, 2004, 6:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@October 20, 2004, 6:17 PM
Originally posted by Grantsdale@October 20, 2004, 5:16 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SurfnSoCal
@October 20, 2004, 6:15 PM
I'll get the rope.....

I'll need to borrow that if the Yanks lose tonight ...

Ya had to bring it up!

I have been riveted, and I still think they got robbed last night rules or not.
One hour 45 minutes- WHOOO HOO!
Hey, we agree on something again

I don't see how him hitting the players arm is any different from a player crashing into a catcher at home ... or on a take-out slide at second ... stupid rule.

anyway [/b][/quote]
Who Hoo. Kid had a bike accident, spent the night in the ER. Missed it. Glad I did.
Dang Yankees.
Old 10/21/04, 05:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Soo....is this a case of "Stupid Dealer Excuse" actually being proven true?
Old 10/21/04, 05:28 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

All I wanted was My color. And Manual.

If the IUP hold for a v6 is not lifted before I order early next year, I am waiting for MY06. I guess it doesn't matter, I don't have one now, whats anotherrrrrrrrrr few months!?!
This is insane, Ford pushed that as a VERY important feature. They are nuts if they didn't think people were going to want it. I am not in the market for a GT at this time- I like the v6 features better, and GT insurance would seriously cut into my fun money so I picked the v6- for the stripes, fake gas cap and other things....

I am beginning to think someone has placed a curse on me. Everytime I go to get a mustang, something happens. Everytime I get another car, nothing happens and I drive home happy. :scratch:
Old 10/21/04, 06:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by cdemot02@October 20, 2004, 6:25 PM
Revision: Message sent to us from "Bill Stang" SW Regional Mgr.
Bill Stang?

Quick Reply: IUP