Item for an AUX input

Search this Thread

Old 9/9/04, 03:38 PM
slp
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Maverick128@September 9, 2004, 11:04 AM
How about one of these?

Yes, but that is not portable. What you need is a Mister Disc. It is, "no bigger than a man's shoe..."
Old 9/9/04, 03:52 PM
slp
V6 Member

It only mentions playing MP3 format. I wish more companies would also support the superior Ogg Vorbis format. It offers better quality and smaller file sizes than others; plus it is free. I switched to it awhile back, but since my car is only going to play MP3, I have started re-ripping my music (since converting formats can lose quality). Although I guess I could plug a Rio Karma into the AUX port.
Old 9/9/04, 11:51 PM

http://www.densionusa.com

I have their 80G mp3 player. And will be interested to see how the AUX thingy works.
Old 9/10/04, 12:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have a 40 gig Ipod. I would like to hook it up to AUX. Sure, I could burn them to discs, but why do it when the I already have the Ipod.

BTW, I doubt that the new Stang will play WMA, but I could be wrong.

Lastly, and this is JMHO, but I think audiograbber, Musicmatch, and Windows Media Player are junk.

I use Cdex, a free prog, and it is faster than all of them, plus the CDDB database for Cdex is much broader and more accurate than the others.
Old 9/10/04, 12:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

I should add, for those that don't know, CDDB means that if you have your computer on the internet, it will look up the CD and name all the songs for you, saving you from a lot of typing.
Old 9/10/04, 12:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah Shea it's great I just ordered a 4G 20GB iPod (jesus, that was difficult... I couldn't decide whether to get an iPod Mini or a 20GB one) two days ago...
If you're using Winamp, there's an iPod plugin that can sync between Winamp's Media Library and the iPod just like iTunes can. It also copies files FROM the iPod TO the PC, transfers playlists etc. Plus, Winamp can Rip CDs and also use CDDB for track information. Just insert the CD, open the media library, click on the CD, click Rip->Rip all tracks and you're done

(but just FYI, all programs using CDDB access the cddb.gracenote.com server)
Old 9/10/04, 12:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Wombert@September 10, 2004, 12:31 AM
Yeah Shea it's great I just ordered a 4G 20GB iPod (jesus, that was difficult... I couldn't decide whether to get an iPod Mini or a 20GB one) two days ago...
If you're using Winamp, there's an iPod plugin that can sync between Winamp's Media Library and the iPod just like iTunes can. It also copies files FROM the iPod TO the PC, transfers playlists etc. Plus, Winamp can Rip CDs and also use CDDB for track information. Just insert the CD, open the media library, click on the CD, click Rip->Rip all tracks and you're done

(but just FYI, all programs using CDDB access the cddb.gracenote.com server)
lol. yeah there's a couple servers on the cddb. i think they all share the same database of files, so your songs or cd's you're buring should be named the same regardless of which server you connect to.

and audiograbber isn't slow. on the machine i'm using now, i can rip and encode a song in less than a minute using the blade_enc.dll: i encode at 128/44 which is pretty standard i think for cd quality sound. it can go higher. but why?

but i agree ripping with media player is dumb, unless it's really improved now in version 10.

Old 9/10/04, 06:28 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by ZERO@September 10, 2004, 12:52 AM
but i agree ripping with media player is dumb, unless it's really improved now in version 10.

I just started to rip CDs. Started with Media Player 10. It was pretty easy. Just click and wait a few minutes and everything was done. I am not sure what the older version was like.
Old 9/10/04, 06:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

I don't know how to explain it, but I'm absolutely certain that Cdex is better at recognizing CDs than Media Player is. I've had both of them open at the same time, and when they connected via CDDB, Cdex had the correct titles, and Media Player did not.

I have Windows XP, and the XP Media Player is supposed to be great, but it's not.

That is cool about the Winamp plug-in for the Ipod. I do use Winamp, so that would be cool. But, I already have Itunes set up for that purpose.
Old 9/10/04, 10:07 AM

Originally posted by ZERO+September 9, 2004, 1:12 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ZERO @ September 9, 2004, 1:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Cameron@September 9, 2004, 1:06 PM
The omnifi is a slick piece of equipment. I installed one a couple months back. The great part is that it has built in wireless so you can copy the files to the player from your wireless network. It also uses a variation of Linux (I believe) and the player itself can be upgraded. Another "nice touch" is the face plate. You mount everything in the trunk and it has a very thin face plate for the front. The last one I installed was put in the arm rest... very trick.

Here is the full product link: Omnifi DMP1
so can you use that thing in addition to a normal stereo? so mount the control in the armrest or something and still have a regular stereo for cd's and the radio? [/b][/quote]
The installation in a stock setup would probably be a bit wierd, but it wouldn't be hard to do. You would have to run an RCA cable from the trunk (most likely place for the DMP1 base station) to the front of the head unit.

If you are looking at a seperate head unit, I would junk the audio system. You can build a significantly better system for 1.5-2k than what will come in the stang (I haven't heard it yet, but trust me... even the best OEM blows). The shaker 1000 is probably 1k or so. Throw on a few more hundred and you can get exactly what you want.
Old 9/10/04, 11:56 AM
FR500 Member

What about other options of things to link to the AUX button in the Mustang? Anyone have any ideas, for those of us who don't have iPods, etc...
Old 9/10/04, 12:18 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by 69Mach1@September 9, 2004, 9:32 AM
why would you get an extrenal mp3 player when it comes with a stock in dash 6 disc mp3 changer? at 800mb per disc that is 4.8gigs of songs. an extrenal one would be a little overkill if you ask me. i am going to look into a Sirius system for the AUX instead.
You don't need the aux for Sirius either.

this is a quote form kevinb120:
Sirius only needs the antenna added and the account activated. All Ford premium stereos have Sirius capeability from the factory, there are no visible add-ons needed. The aux button is for add-ons like DVD. Most likely it has a "ford" connector in the back, but someone will probably make adapters for acessories like MP3 players. I've tried to think what would be worthwhile to hook up to it but I cant think of anything. There should be a SAT button on the stereo, allong with the cd/fm buttons.
Old 9/10/04, 12:28 PM
FR500 Member

Hmmm... so what can we hook up to that AUX button? Hate to have it unused.