2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

interceptor scan gauge!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 9/10/07 | 10:29 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

the aeroforce gauges really rock. i have not seen any other gauge that will monitor this much stuff, and log it, and be in this small of a package, plus its customizable, running pony on the start up screen, hell yea!!!!

if i ever add a gauge to a car, it will be this one.
Old 9/11/07 | 08:08 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Do you know what parameters this will display?

Also, how are you planning on mounting it? Maybe in one of those pillar pods? That might look real nice!

Also, do you think they will give us a group discount? I would like that!

Originally Posted by n8rfastback
the aeroforce gauges really rock. i have not seen any other gauge that will monitor this much stuff, and log it, and be in this small of a package, plus its customizable, running pony on the start up screen, hell yea!!!!

if i ever add a gauge to a car, it will be this one.
Old 9/11/07 | 01:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

it will display tons of parameters, 2 at a time. check out the website it lists it all. you can put it in any standard gauge pod. i have seen people put in a dual gauge pod with 2 interceptors, its sweet, 4 parameters at once all in real-time. they may give a group discount if we get enough guys to buy them, they did for the redline forum.
Old 9/11/07 | 02:42 PM

That sounds cool!

Thanks for the info!

it will display tons of parameters, 2 at a time. check out the website it lists it all. you can put it in any standard gauge pod. i have seen people put in a dual gauge pod with 2 interceptors, its sweet, 4 parameters at once all in real-time. they may give a group discount if we get enough guys to buy them, they did for the redline forum.
Old 9/11/07 | 05:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

it really is a sweet gauge.... displays what you want, when you want, and in real time.

when/if i get gauges, these will be it.
Old 9/11/07 | 07:13 PM

Yeah, I like them too.

How do you think you're going to mount them?

it really is a sweet gauge.... displays what you want, when you want, and in real time.

when/if i get gauges, these will be it.
Old 9/11/07 | 08:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

if i got them i would mount them in a center gauge pod. the saleen one is by far the best looking one. im not too fond of a pillar gauge pods but they get the job done... plus there arent any really good looking double gauge pods for the A pillar. there is a company that makes a good looking set, but i cant remember the name... they look like 2 or 3 bullets coming out off the A pillar.
Old 9/12/07 | 08:09 AM

That's SOS, Speed of Sound. Installation looks really easy.......

http://www.speedofsoundllc.com/index.html

Here's the install instructions for the SOS A pillar pod. It looks reall easy! Just unclip the OEM piece, and clip in the new!

http://www.speedofsoundllc.com/i/Ins...structions.pdf

The Saleen ones look really good. The best I've seen, but you do have to drill five holes in the dash. I'm not sure I would want to do that?

http://www.saleen.com/installation-m...%20Rev%20A.pdf

I was thinking of the Autometer A pillar ones. Only you have to drill four holes according to the install instructions. They have them at Moss.......

http://mossmustang.com/Shop/ViewProd...eIndexID=48627

if i got them i would mount them in a center gauge pod. the saleen one is by far the best looking one. im not too fond of a pillar gauge pods but they get the job done... plus there arent any really good looking double gauge pods for the A pillar. there is a company that makes a good looking set, but i cant remember the name... they look like 2 or 3 bullets coming out off the A pillar.
Old 9/12/07 | 09:57 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

either the SOS or the saleen ones would do it for me.... the SOS ones just look bada$$, no getting around it. the best A pillar pods i have ever seen for an s197. but then the saleen pods look so good in the middle, its almost as if they were supposed to be there all along. if i had a pair of interceptors, it would be hard to pick which one i wanted. i would be scared of the holes in my dash, but then again, what better reason could i find to put holes in the dash than having a perfect pod and perfect gauges to go along with it.
Old 9/12/07 | 10:49 AM

Yeah, the Saleen ones are cool, but those holes in the dash concern me.

I was leaning toward the Autometer one, but you have to drill 4 holes with those as well!

The SOS pillar pod looks like the one I'll go with. I like how you can just pull off the OEM trim piece, and put the SOS pod in it's place!

I was just wondering if the SOS pods would block the view out the front? That could be a concern?

either the SOS or the saleen ones would do it for me.... the SOS ones just look bada$$, no getting around it. the best A pillar pods i have ever seen for an s197. but then the saleen pods look so good in the middle, its almost as if they were supposed to be there all along. if i had a pair of interceptors, it would be hard to pick which one i wanted. i would be scared of the holes in my dash, but then again, what better reason could i find to put holes in the dash than having a perfect pod and perfect gauges to go along with it.
Old 9/12/07 | 12:48 PM
Bullitt Member

sos is what's on the 06 convertible. they look great
Old 9/12/07 | 02:49 PM

Link doesn't seem to work.........

Originally Posted by TRMN8TR
sos is what's on the 06 convertible. they look great
Old 9/12/07 | 06:51 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

yea for convenience and looks both the SOS A pillars rock.
Old 9/13/07 | 07:09 PM

Yeah, still kind of concerned about the visability issue. But a couple of Interceptor gauges in one of those pods would be cool.

Does anybody have any pics of one they've installed taken from the Drivers position? I've already been to SOS's website and seen their gallery, but I'm still not sure?

Thanks in advance!

yea for convenience and looks both the SOS A pillars rock.
Old 9/14/07 | 10:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

I wish SOS made a single pod. That would help with the visibility issue, and besides, I only want one gauge. Are you guys at SOS listening?
Old 9/14/07 | 12:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

you got my vote....

single sos pod for me too.
Old 9/14/07 | 12:49 PM

Yeah, good idea. I was wishing the same thing!

Maybe something like this would work? It's only $15, but they have a $12 handling charge! I'll see if I can find one locally and try it!

I could mount it on the A pillar, or the steering wheel column!

Here's the link to the store that has them.......

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...45207_-1_10335

I also found this on one of the other threads........

Alan ( Speed of Sound ) purchases actual Ford A pillar covers and has the gauge pods manufactured to match the color and texture, and mounts them to the pillar and sells it all as one piece. So installation is as simple as removing and reinstalling the factory A pillar.

So why can't we do it ourselves?

Originally Posted by JonW
I wish SOS made a single pod. That would help with the visibility issue, and besides, I only want one gauge. Are you guys at SOS listening?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
Single gauge pod.bmp (167.0 KB, 91 views)
Old 9/14/07 | 02:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

you can get those on ebay really cheap.....

it would be hard to make it look as clean as it does on the sos
Old 9/14/07 | 08:06 PM

Perhaps, but I have some issues with is just a modied OEM trim piece. $120 for that, is a bit much.......

you can get those on ebay really cheap.....

it would be hard to make it look as clean as it does on the sos
Old 9/15/07 | 12:33 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

agreed......

Quick Reply: interceptor scan gauge!!!!