2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Insurance Company With Pleasure-Rated Category

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/07, 01:34 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Insurance Company With Pleasure-Rated Category

My insurance company, Nationwide, no longer offers a low-mileage pleasure vehicle rating category. So, even though I drive it rarely, I still pay as if I drove it everyday.

I thought about the classic car insurance, but since it is not a classic (wait 25 years …), I don’t know if they would be interested.

Can anyone recommend a reputable company that has a pleasure-rating category?
Old 2/8/07, 02:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have Erie insurance and my Mustang is listed under pleasure, as well as limited use. The limited use part comes into play during this time of year as it is defined as 3 months of non-use of the car (for me - 12/1 - 2/28). Saved me a couple hundred just for that!

I did a quick look on their website and it looks like they serve your area.
Old 2/8/07, 04:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

I think Progressive offers it, worth checking on. Plus you can get a quote online in about 10 minutes, very easy and easy to work with if you have a problem. www.progressive.com
Old 2/8/07, 05:20 PM
V6 Member

State Farm hits me for $500/yr for my Stang as a pleasure vehicle with up to 7500 miles. I think that's reasonable.
Old 2/8/07, 07:36 PM
Bullitt Member

I have progressive and have this insurance on the stang and the eclipse spyder .. previously I had American Family Insurance and they too offered this but I don't know where all american family has agents...I had them in MN but they don't have that company here in TX so I switched to Progressive
Old 2/8/07, 09:41 PM
Former Vendor

State Farm! 43 bucks a month! I've used State Farm since I can remember, and ALWAYS WILL. Best company... sometimes you may pay a few bucks extra, but when time comes, they dont cheap out on anything!
Old 2/8/07, 10:19 PM
Cobra R Member

my insurance is way higher...**** them then again Im 22, have a clean driving record though. The reason they are doing away with the pleasure class, is because they will have to replace your car, garage door, etc. when something happens with your car, wheather or not you were driving it, even in a natural disaster they pay for it. Therefore since these occurances can happen all year long you are going to have to pay all yr long.
Old 2/8/07, 10:26 PM
Bullitt Member

For the two of you that have State Farm for $500 for the year.....do you have full coverage for the full year?? My State Farm Rate is $500 for 6 months and then 5 months of winter I pay $100 for theft & comp.

If you are paying $250 for each 6 month period, that's great. I'll have to talk to my S.F. agent to see WTF. I've got a perfect record with no claims and the Mustang is our 5th car on our policy and is set up for pleasure only.
Old 2/9/07, 08:06 AM
V6 Member

First off if I ask my agent the question that if your house burns down and you car is in the garage and it goes up too. Which ins covers the car he said that it would be taken care of by your home owners policy not the car policy. Second Insurance will not REPLACE a car they give you book value if your luckly, if you want a car replaced you need to spend more money on whats called GAP ins this covers the differance between book valaue and replacement cost. If you lease a car it is a very smart thing to have.
Old 2/9/07, 02:31 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by steevr
For the two of you that have State Farm for $500 for the year.....do you have full coverage for the full year?? My State Farm Rate is $500 for 6 months and then 5 months of winter I pay $100 for theft & comp.

If you are paying $250 for each 6 month period, that's great. I'll have to talk to my S.F. agent to see WTF. I've got a perfect record with no claims and the Mustang is our 5th car on our policy and is set up for pleasure only.
I actually pay $254/6mo. Just looked it up. I am allowed to drive anytime year round as long as I don't exceed 7500 miles.
Old 2/9/07, 09:02 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I have state farm...and for my '65...since its "collectable" and I dont drive it a lot....its $45 a YEAR!!!!! I OWNED THEM!!!!!

Old 2/9/07, 09:10 PM
Former Vendor

Mine is full tort, and I just cant drive over 7500 miles a year. My family member is a state farm agent, but I dont think that has too much to do with the discount. Who knows, I don't ask!

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 2/9/07, 10:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Another State Farm here. I pay a $300/6mo premium, but I got full coverage year round with everything (towing, rental car, zero glass). I store the car all winter (almost 6 full months here in WI) but I still put on the 7500 mi easily.
Old 2/9/07, 10:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by hurricaneGT
First off if I ask my agent the question that if your house burns down and you car is in the garage and it goes up too. Which ins covers the car he said that it would be taken care of by your home owners policy not the car policy. Second Insurance will not REPLACE a car they give you book value if your luckly, if you want a car replaced you need to spend more money on whats called GAP ins this covers the differance between book valaue and replacement cost. If you lease a car it is a very smart thing to have.
Yeah home owners should cover that, however if the car rolls into the garage door, thats caused by the car not the home or any of the homes features. That would be a battle you would never win, and besides my gap insurance is free with my policy within 5 yrs of purchase date. Also if the car starts the fire that burns the house down thats caused by the car so once again both companies are gonna point the finger, it actually happened to my friend who had a 1996 civic.
Old 2/10/07, 01:37 PM
V6 Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Insurance Costs

Originally Posted by 1meanZ
State Farm hits me for $500/yr for my Stang as a pleasure vehicle with up to 7500 miles. I think that's reasonable.

I use Allsatte, along with my two other cares and home owners. I pay $571 for 6 months. That is probably one of the cheapest. I can drive 7500 miles a year. I am looking for something under 1500 miles a year to save $$$$
Old 2/10/07, 02:13 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DynamicmustangGT
Yeah home owners should cover that, however if the car rolls into the garage door, thats caused by the car not the home or any of the homes features. That would be a battle you would never win, and besides my gap insurance is free with my policy within 5 yrs of purchase date. Also if the car starts the fire that burns the house down thats caused by the car so once again both companies are gonna point the finger, it actually happened to my friend who had a 1996 civic.
You and hurricaneGT need to take a look at your insurance policies, and consider advising your agent do the same. Most home owners policies specifically exclude motorized vehicles unless they are used to service the residence premises or designed to assist the handicapped. Different states regulate the insurance industry in their states differently, but that's the standard. There are sometimes exceptions for things such as golf carts, but cars and other land conveyance that require registration are typically excluded from a home owners policy, therefore there would be no coverage.
If there was an issue where there was some type of liability issue, the two companies could subrogate each other, but the auto policy would be primary on the auto.
And just FYI - if you get advice from your agent, I'd recommend it be in writing - if it's not, your adjuster will rely on what's written in your policy.