2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Impersonating a dealer

Search this Thread

Old 7/28/05, 06:16 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know this might be a stupid idea, which is why I haven't tried it yet.

I'm trying to get an update of my 06 order, but the ERL can't understand what I'm saying. She keeps trying to connect me to an "analyst", at which point I hang up. I would like to know if anyone has actually spoken to the customer service reps and got the info they needed. If so, how did you do it? Do they ask for any special info other than your order # etc (like maybe a sales rep # or something)? Should I be considering that as an option?

I don't have my VIN yet, so I can't post it at blueoval to request an update. How long after you placed your order do you get the VIN #?

Thanks for all the help guys.
Old 7/28/05, 06:19 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What part is the ERL having trouble with?
Old 7/28/05, 06:20 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@July 28, 2005, 8:22 PM
What part is the ERL having trouble with?
My Body type - T82.

She keeps telling me AA2 .... :bang:
Old 7/28/05, 06:23 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by StangLove@July 28, 2005, 6:19 PM
I know this might be a stupid idea, which is why I haven't tried it yet.

I'm trying to get an update of my 06 order, but the ERL can't understand what I'm saying. She keeps trying to connect me to an "analyst", at which point I hang up. I would like to know if anyone has actually spoken to the customer service reps and got the info they needed. If so, how did you do it? Do they ask for any special info other than your order # etc (like maybe a sales rep # or something)? Should I be considering that as an option?

I don't have my VIN yet, so I can't post it at blueoval to request an update. How long after you placed your order do you get the VIN #?

Thanks for all the help guys.

If you talk to an anylist, you will need your order number, the dealership name, and their dealer code. If you do not have a VIN yet, no sense in calling, it will be most likely clean/unscheduled. You do not need to call them until you have a VIN because nothing will change.
Old 7/28/05, 06:25 PM
I lust for a M24

Try saying: Tee Ate Two

I talked with an analyst once, the day my car was supposed to arrive. They reluctantly helped me after I expressed both my excitement for it's arrival and my frustration for it being late. I wouldn't bother trying to talk to an actual person, they're not any more help than the people at Ford's Customer Service number.

From experience, ERL's not real accurate anyway, but I understand the obsession to need to call daily.
Old 7/28/05, 06:32 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for the help. I have a VIN# on my DORA but its only 7 digits long. WTF? So I'm not sure if that actually a VIN # or not. Any idea how long before I get a VIN? My order was placed on 7/22. I know I'm jumping the gun here, but hey I can't help it. :dance:
Old 7/28/05, 06:35 PM
I lust for a M24

I believe that's the first 7 digits, which are all the same based on the car model, etc. The last half you get once they have a better idea when your car will go down the line. Good luck, waiting is the worst part... we'll keep you company.
Old 7/28/05, 06:39 PM
V6 Member

I see. Ok, I guess its nailbitting time them. If it wasn't for this site, I would have gone insane a long time ago. Thanks a lot for the help guys.
Old 7/28/05, 06:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Welcome to the "waiting" club!
plenty of room here!
Old 7/28/05, 10:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

There's another # floating around here for Ford Customer Service - I think these people are different than who you would get if you wound up with an Analyst, and that's a good thing. I called FCS once already just to check it out. The lady was extremely friendly and said she and her kids really like the new Mustang. She had no new news for me, but I will definitely be calling back once my car has shipped, as FCS seems to be the only one who can tell you the exact date the car will arrive at the dealer.
Old 7/29/05, 07:56 AM
V6 Member

Thanks. I'll do a search for the second phone number.
Old 7/29/05, 08:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ed listed all the info above that you will need. I did this before, they don't really ask you many questions, I think they asked my name, and I gave them my sales guy's name.

Ford Customer Service is useless! IMO anyway : )
Old 7/29/05, 09:08 AM
Bullitt Member

I have learned that when talking to the ERL, you can't use normal conversation. (I've done some work with voice recognition software). Voice recognition software is setup so you "train" it to respond to you. Thats not what actually happens. It trains you.

I was having issues with the same thing, body code, with the ERL. I learned that you can't use normal conversation and say it "tee eight two".

You need to say it "tee (pause) eight (pause) two" and make sure you don't trail off the words, cut them off sharply. When saying it that way, it works every time. Make sure to emphasize the "tuh" part of "tee" when saying it.
Old 7/29/05, 09:08 AM
Bullitt Member

I have learned that when talking to the ERL, you can't use normal conversation. (I've done some work with voice recognition software). Voice recognition software is setup so you "train" it to respond to you. Thats not what actually happens. It trains you.

I was having issues with the same thing, body code, with the ERL. I learned that you can't use normal conversation and say it "tee eight two".

You need to say it "tee (pause) eight (pause) two" and make sure you don't trail off the words, cut them off sharply. When saying it that way, it works every time. Make sure to emphasize the "t" part of "tee" when saying it.
Old 7/29/05, 09:23 AM
GT Member

I have impersonated a dealer when I checked for my order status once. You already have all the info and just need to know how to spell your salesman's name right. I only did it once because I had to find out if the order got pulled. It didn't ...but I did feel sneaky.