2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I wan't to start mod my stang...

Search this Thread

Old 8/19/11, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wan't to start mod my stang...

Hi there, i have a 2006 GT stang automatic trans, it's just 13000km !!, i gave him the first service with synthetic oil and the k&n air filter replacement (not a coldair intake)... i want to buy the SCT wireless tunner... is this a good first step?... sorry for my english im from mexico, i'll do my best, im proud to be a mustang owner..!
Old 8/19/11, 07:46 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You got the best body style, in my opinion. And that comes from someone with the latest body. Good luck on the mods. You will get plenty of good advice. Just have your credit card ready.
Old 8/19/11, 07:50 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by joakin2k
Hi there, i have a 2006 GT stang automatic trans, it's just 13000km !!, i gave him the first service with synthetic oil and the k&n air filter replacement (not a coldair intake)... i want to buy the SCT wireless tunner... is this a good first step?... sorry for my english im from mexico, i'll do my best, im proud to be a mustang owner..!
You type better English than a lot of others from the USA.

Can't go wrong w/ a good tuner and tune.

Welcome to TMS and congrats on the car.
Old 8/19/11, 07:58 PM
Cobra Member

Are you talking about the SCT TSX or LiveWire? If so, don't bother with them, not worth the money for the average Mustang owner. Great for monitoring boost, engine temp, air temp, etc. but I rarely use mine, use the money on more upgrades.

Get this, includes free tunes for life for when you get new stuff! http://www.americanmuscle.com/x3-cus...er-0510gt.html

Welcome to TMS.
Old 8/19/11, 08:02 PM

Thank's everybody here for the welcome, it's an honor to share the experience...
Old 8/19/11, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Planeswalker
Are you talking about the SCT TSX or LiveWire? If so, don't bother with them, not worth the money for the average Mustang owner. Great for monitoring boost, engine temp, air temp, etc. but I rarely use mine, use the money on more upgrades.

Get this, includes free tunes for life for when you get new stuff! http://www.americanmuscle.com/x3-cus...er-0510gt.html

Welcome to TMS.
Exactly i was talking about the SCT TSX, you have it? bad relation "value-price"?
Old 8/20/11, 12:10 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by joakin2k
Exactly i was talking about the SCT TSX, you have it? bad relation "value-price"?
Yeah, bad value-price. I used mine for about a week and then didn't ever really turn it on anymore. It has some cool features, but not worth the extra cash. Get the $380 one and spend the other $500 on something else. The TSX even got me pulled over by the police twice during that week because they thought the screen was a DVD player on in the car.
Old 8/20/11, 02:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Cold air intake and tune on the 4.6 definitely steps it up a notch. I would start there Bama and brenspeed are the big 2- but there's several reputable tuners out there.

Welcome to the Forum!!
Old 8/21/11, 07:28 AM

Give it a mean growl and get a new exhaust. Even if its just a cat-back it will make a huge difference.
Old 8/22/11, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Planeswalker

Yeah, bad value-price. I used mine for about a week and then didn't ever really turn it on anymore. It has some cool features, but not worth the extra cash. Get the $380 one and spend the other $500 on something else. The TSX even got me pulled over by the police twice during that week because they thought the screen was a DVD player on in the car.
Thanks for the advise ! i'll check a cheaper tunner and a cold air intake kit (ford racing maybe), here in mexico we are primitive with laws, it doesn't matter if i have xenon laps turned on all the day... or dvd players in the deck... well i dont want any political post is just information, we try our best to be better, thats for sure...
Thanks to everyone here in the forum !