2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I love getting pulled over.

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/06, 12:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got pulled over once back in the day for having a blue neon on in car cabin ( i know i was young a apparently retarded..now im older..still retarded..but without bad taste! lol) and cop was like you a firefighter..im like.. for a 6 inch blue neon that doesnt flash?..um no lol he was such a weiner about it too

then a week ago i see this maxima sports car ( thats what i call em cuz kids seem to think they are) with strobes in the light fly down a busy road and into a taco bell past 2 cops who were coming out of taco bell and NOTHING!! argh
Old 4/20/06, 01:09 PM
GT Member

How do I find out what the law is about fog/driving lights in Indiana? I did a Google search, but couldn't find anything useful. Any help? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

-TRB
Old 4/20/06, 01:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TorchRedBeauty @ April 20, 2006, 1:12 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
How do I find out what the law is about fog/driving lights in Indiana? I did a Google search, but couldn't find anything useful. Any help? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

-TRB
[/b][/quote]

Jeromy, go to your state's website. On the site, there should be a link, to the motor vehicles department of your state. After that, you just have to search in the laws section. That is how I found out about the lighting laws here in PA. When I get that center-mounted fog light grill, in my state, fog lights can not be closer than 20 inches center-to-center. With that grill, they are easily closer than that. Hence that grill may get me in trouble, but I'll take the chance at first. I do know that when I get my car inspected, the old grill has to go back on. Good luck with your search. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/20/06, 03:20 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rygenstormlocke @ April 18, 2006, 7:50 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The stock lights are not to my liking and I constantly use the fogs.
[/b][/quote]

I'm with you...using the fogs and the headlights together lights up the area in front of the car very nicely...widens the beam so to speak!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MaverickMLFD371 @ April 19, 2006, 2:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
this is the best and probably the stupidest thing I've ever gotten Pulled over for, and its in the law Books. This was way before I went to school studying this.
Illegal Use of Horn
I wonder if I can add something else stupid to the books later on, LOL
[/b][/quote]

I think I might have you guys beat! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

I got pulled over after turning in to get gas in Baker, CA on the way to Las Vegas one time... for having a little air freshner hanging from my rear view mirror that was no larger than a quarter in diameter and hung about 4# from the bottom of the mirror. Idiot said that it was obstructing my view of the windshield. NOW...if I'm obstructing my windshield with a quarter sized air freshner...than what in the heck is the actual rear view mirror doing? !!!!! Geez!
Old 4/20/06, 06:21 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AWmustang @ April 19, 2006, 3:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You know... I've been in front of a GT at night on a dark country road and those "fog lights" were pretty darn annoying in my rear view mirror.[/b][/quote]
It's about time someone admits it...they are bright, end of story. One of my pet peeves is seeing other drivers using their fog lamps in conjunction with the low beams. It's unnecessary and annoying, especially when it's completely dark. I dunno about anyone else, but I find it somewhat dangerous to blind other drivers.
Old 4/20/06, 08:02 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GirchyGirchy @ April 20, 2006, 7:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It's about time someone admits it...they are bright, end of story. One of my pet peeves is seeing other drivers using their fog lamps in conjunction with the low beams. It's unnecessary and annoying, especially when it's completely dark. I dunno about anyone else, but I find it somewhat dangerous to blind other drivers.
[/b][/quote]

They might annoy you, but they arn't that bright and there is no law against useing them. Ive driving into the beams of a 2005+ Mustang GT with low beams and fogs on and they gave me no trouble with their brightness.

I'll continue useing them in conjuction wih my lowbeams now mater how many times to know it all cop pulls me over for High Beams.
Old 4/21/06, 06:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GirchyGirchy @ April 20, 2006, 6:24 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Hey Brian, I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you. I use the fog lamps with my low beams all the time, and I am glad I do. From what I have been told, the fog lamps are angled down a bit, hence why they aren't brighter than they can be. I get flashed every once and a while, but for the most part, haven't had anyone bother me. I have had many police officers pass my car, with no issues at all too. To me the fog lights are necessary, especially when it's dark. They help brighten up the road better. Brian, if you think that these lights are dangerous, how come your not mad at cars with HID's (blue lights)? These lights are WAY brighter than my low beams with fog lights. When I have an Acura, or Mercedes, coming at me, with these, I can't see at all. These lights can really blind you, you know. These lights are the ones to be mad at, not Mustang GT headlights with the fog lamps on.
Old 4/21/06, 10:37 AM
FR500 Member

i havent gotten pulled over yet for the fog light thing but people have flashed me soo i flash my high beams right back and i wish i could see their reactions
Old 4/21/06, 01:10 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flashing back is fun
Old 4/21/06, 01:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05fordgt @ April 21, 2006, 7:56 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hey Brian, I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you. I use the fog lamps with my low beams all the time, and I am glad I do. From what I have been told, the fog lamps are angled down a bit, hence why they aren't brighter than they can be. I get flashed every once and a while, but for the most part, haven't had anyone bother me. I have had many police officers pass my car, with no issues at all too. To me the fog lights are necessary, especially when it's dark. They help brighten up the road better. Brian, if you think that these lights are dangerous, how come your not mad at cars with HID's (blue lights)? These lights are WAY brighter than my low beams with fog lights. When I have an Acura, or Mercedes, coming at me, with these, I can't see at all. These lights can really blind you, you know. These lights are the ones to be mad at, not Mustang GT headlights with the fog lamps on.
[/b][/quote]
X2
Old 4/21/06, 03:30 PM
Bullitt Member

I once had a friend in the LAPD and he used to tell me "don't **** off a cop, because he can always find something to give you a ticket for"
Old 4/21/06, 04:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks for agreeing with me GhostTX. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/21/06, 04:09 PM
Cobra R Member

During the day, I drive with ONLY the fog lamps on. Looks hella-cool! At night I use all four. Not pulled over yet.
Old 4/21/06, 05:30 PM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rebel73 @ April 21, 2006, 4:12 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
During the day, I drive with ONLY the fog lamps on. Looks hella-cool! At night I use all four. Not pulled over yet.
[/b][/quote]
Quick...knock on wood or you know what'll happen next! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 4/21/06, 06:58 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05fordgt @ April 21, 2006, 5:56 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

X3
Old 4/21/06, 08:13 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05fordgt @ April 21, 2006, 7:56 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Simply because there are cars out there with brighter and more annoying lights does not lessen the brightness of the GT lights.

And I also do not like those bright Acura and Mercedes lights, but complaining about them here wouldn't really do much.
Old 4/22/06, 06:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AWmustang @ April 21, 2006, 8:16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Simply because there are cars out there with brighter and more annoying lights does not lessen the brightness of the GT lights.

And I also do not like those bright Acura and Mercedes lights, but complaining about them here wouldn't really do much.
[/b][/quote]

Andy, I'm not complaning at all about HID lights, I'm really not. I'm just stating a fact that they are brighter than normal lights. Personally, after driving the Ford GT, which has these lights, its amazing how much HID's make a difference in nighttime driving. They are great when you use them on your own car. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

What I really was doing was just defending my right to Brian, to be able to use my fog lamps with the regular headlights, thats all. When he said in his statement that it isn't nice to blind people with their GT fog lights, he should also include any car with HID's too. Just don't single out GT drivers, thats all I wanted to get across. We all know, if the GT fogs were too bright, these wouldn't be allowed by law. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/22/06, 09:02 AM
Cobra Member

when i wa sa stockbroker i went to lunch with on of the guys in the office cuz he had a vette ..like a 1995 vette but this was back in 1998 so bleh..
anyway the cop asked him "wherd you get this car" he said "where did you get that haircut" ..

3 tickets later we were all laughing our hineys of that someone had the ***** to say that lol
Old 4/22/06, 10:21 AM

Well my fog light tint inserts came in today. Easy to install/remove. So I'm going to try them out, see how they look on the car and if they are still effective on the street. I'm hoping they look good and are the right compromise.

I to have had a GT oncomming on a two lane road, and behind me. They are a little bright, so I am sensative to it. And the fact that my wife complains about it. LOL.

I'll let you know how it works out and put up pics.