2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I am going To Greece for 2 weeks

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/05, 07:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, here is the deal. I am going to Greece for 2 weeks to visit my family and friends.

Here is my concern. My car is going to be left with my wife. :bang: :bang: I am worried about the condition of it when I return. I know... you guys, mostly ladies are thinking that I am making a big deal. Well, my wife yesterday morning was backing out from the garage to go to work in her Explore. As she backed out she scrapped the front panel on the drivers side on the side of the house where the garage door comes down. She also pulled out the front blinker about 1/2 way and it is now loose. She obviously did not pull out straight so she decided to pull back in the garage. As she was pulling in, she scrapped the mirror on the passegers side. Dont even ask me how she did as I didnt ask her because I really didnt even want to know. LOL. Amazingly I was able to get both scratched oyt with my wax. Now I have to giver her this. She has never done such thing before as long as I have known her.

Anyways, do you guys see my concern. I cant hide the keys because then she will hate me. In other words I am just screwed. :worship: :worship:
Old 6/10/05, 08:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Try not to think about it.......hope for the best....or just tell her not to drive it while you're gone, in light of what just happened to the Explorer. I don't even like my hubby driving my Stang, but I have to trust that he won't cause any damage to her. :nono:
Best of luck with this, and hope you have a wonderful trip to Greece!!!
Old 6/10/05, 10:21 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by TheLegend@June 10, 2005, 8:02 PM
Ok, here is the deal. I am going to Greece for 2 weeks to visit my family and friends.

Here is my concern. My car is going to be left with my wife. :bang: :bang: I am worried about the condition of it when I return. I know... you guys, mostly ladies are thinking that I am making a big deal. Well, my wife yesterday morning was backing out from the garage to go to work in her Explore. As she backed out she scrapped the front panel on the drivers side on the side of the house where the garage door comes down. She also pulled out the front blinker about 1/2 way and it is now loose. She obviously did not pull out straight so she decided to pull back in the garage. As she was pulling in, she scrapped the mirror on the passegers side. Dont even ask me how she did as I didnt ask her because I really didnt even want to know. LOL. Amazingly I was able to get both scratched oyt with my wax. Now I have to giver her this. She has never done such thing before as long as I have known her.

Anyways, do you guys see my concern. I cant hide the keys because then she will hate me. In other words I am just screwed. :worship: :worship:
im greek to man !!!!! have fun!! good luck with the wife. my wife is the same way!
Old 6/10/05, 10:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude you're going to Greece, you should have full coverage insurance, go have fun!
Old 6/11/05, 12:14 AM
Bullitt Member

just take the keys with you
Old 6/11/05, 01:07 AM
Cobra R Member

It's just a car, and if it gets buggered up, then it's fixable. The wife on the other hand is not as easily replaceable if she's a good one.......so keep her happy
Old 6/11/05, 06:46 AM
Cobra Member

Have a great trip. One of my customers is heading over there also in a few weeks.

You can always leave the car with one of the forum members. We'll take care of it and promise not to run the wheels off it.
Old 6/11/05, 06:48 AM
Cobra Member

I know exactly where you're coming from, David. I went on vacation to California for a week about a week after getting my Legend Lime beauty. I left her in the airport parking garage and was imagining all kinds of awful scenarios...curious travellers pressing their faces up against my windows, people parking too close to me and banging up my doors with theirs, even anti-Ford or anti-Mustang vandals keying my finish. And you know what? NOTHING happened.

Just forget about it. It's not worth spoiling your vacation! I know recent developments in your house may give you pause, but consider this: your wife probably knows how much you love your car and she probably feels bad about scraping up the Explorer. If you say something to the effect that your 'Stang is off limits, it will make her feel even worse and that will make you feel bad as well. The only thing you can do is ask her to watch over your car. That's a neutral way of saying "please be extra careful," and it won't hurt her feelings.

Your car will be fine. Your wife will not damage your car. You'll have a great time in Greece (God, I want to go there; it's beautiful!). Now go and enjoy!