2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

I am going to cry

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/04, 01:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow... that really stinks.
But I've got it really rough too!! My car is still in the body shop! The parts FINALLY came in this morning, so I'm hoping they're working on it as I type this. Spare parts are in very short supply because the '05 is so new.
I check on my baby every night to see if they put it in the service garage for the night. So close, yet so far. I am starting to feel like I'm waiting for my build date all over again... except it's a repair date! I find myself watching Mustang video clips and drooling at '05 pics like I did before I got mine. I want my '05 back!!
Old 12/6/04, 02:50 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Originally posted by SurfnSoCal@December 6, 2004, 1:35 PM
yeah well...the dealer also told me they were making mine with a twin turboed v10 engine and 19" rims. so it wouldn't surprise me if he was wrong about the dates too.

I really do hate mondays...
well thats justa silly thing to say, everyone knows that they come with 20s. Have you gotten the one where some salesperson tries to tell you it is a six speed? Hey since others including myself recieved the same invitation, I dont think that this lets them off the hook for your car even if the general manager did call you in person. Hey what time is that I was going to open the attachment but scanned it first and it has a virus on it, so I am not opening it, looks like they might have given you another present on top of having to wait, check it out and make sure your comp is ok.
Old 12/6/04, 03:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

keep an eye out for your car...I'm thinkin higher bidder.
Old 12/6/04, 03:10 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Matt, your way off on your thinking.

Its messed up that they made this mistake, and got Ricks hopes up like that. But, I also think its pretty low to suggest that the dealership has sold his car to someone else.

Both Rick and I have dealt with this dealer for years, we have had many good experiences with them in the past. The 05 has had trouble with almost every dealer in the nation, RSM is not the first, the last, or the only.

RSM has MANY V6s on the lot. The only other GT they had (other than mine) was with ICAP and a spoiler, and it was sold by the time I left with my GT. In fact, they were side by side in the detail bay, and we drove off the lot at about the same time.

EDIT: to add that if RSM was the type of dealership to sell an ordered car to the highest bidder, they would also be the type to mark up over MSRP, and not accept plans at all. They happen to be the only dealership in OC that is doing neither. In fact, they understand that Plan purchases earn them money from Ford.

They also bent over backwards getting me Tier One pricing on my financing because my car showed up early, and knew it put me in a bind. Tier One is reserved for homeowners, but they got it for me even though we sold our home 5 months ago. While waiting for a car is frustrating, and waiting for an 05 can be infuriating at times, but I think it unfair to make slanderous statements about dealerships that make mistakes.
Old 12/6/04, 03:27 PM
FR500 Member

I'm still trying to figure out how you got your car in 7 days flat! I was thinking mine might have been in the holding lot (Hadley's) here in town, but it wasn't....even scarier was the fact I saw no rail cars at Hadley's over the weekend... It will be here soon, I know...but I'm getting a little weary carrying my new Cobra lighter around with no car to put it in
Old 12/6/04, 03:41 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

SixtySix, my sales guy is still researching it for me... He is getting me dates and rail car numbers, everything. He is just as curious and shocked as you and I, LOL.

The only other thing I can think of is that mine got built early, and delivered in the 2 weeks. I know that there were several 05s that showed up on lots without a warning...
Old 12/6/04, 03:43 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 2MustangJohn@December 6, 2004, 2:26 PM
Hey, just so u know, we'll be working up to 3:30a.m. on the 24th of Dec., unless they change it at the last moment. Thats what we've been told at the plant, take it for what its worth. B) Sorry about your dilema.
So they're saying production is now continuing through the week of the 20th?

If so, that is very interesting news. This backlog must becoming quite a problem to override a whole week of planned shut down.

This will be a controversial point in the discussion forum, so it would be helpful if you could re-confirm that this is actually the case.
Old 12/6/04, 03:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@December 6, 2004, 4:30 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how you got your car in 7 days flat! I was thinking mine might have been in the holding lot (Hadley's) here in town, but it wasn't....even scarier was the fact I saw no rail cars at Hadley's over the weekend... It will be here soon, I know...but I'm getting a little weary carrying my new Cobra lighter around with no car to put it in
It's only 2 days faster than mine. Born on and shipped 11/22 took delivery 12/02. Though Cali is quite a bit further from MI to MD. But still, it just means she was at the front of the railyard and got put on the truck not long after getting off the train.
Old 12/6/04, 04:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

yeah, on a personal note...I would like to be able to tell the dealer that with three FULL build weeks left in December...they should be able to get my car to me quickly.