2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

How are sales doing?

Search this Thread

Old 11/9/04, 02:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know they are referring only to the 05s here...the 04s and god help them 03s left on lots are sitting and waiting for someone who doesnt want to pay but half of an 05.
Of course I know we are speaking of the '05s! If you guys came down (or up, depending on where you are) to Jersey, you would see what I mean. The dealers are not selling their '05s. They just sit in the showroom with marked up prices. People look at them, test drive them, and ooh and aah at them, but they don't seem to be buying them.
As far as '04/'03 models, I really have no idea how fast they're selling of if they're even selling at all.
Old 11/9/04, 02:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by ace0215+November 9, 2004, 2:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ace0215 @ November 9, 2004, 2:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JZInternet@November 9, 2004, 1:54 PM
I can't see it being right. The cars in my area had them far longer than 2 hours--more like 2 weeks.

Although, it probably depends on the location. They may be selling slower in the northern states because winter is coming.

Jason
you fail to mention what price the dealership is willing to sell the car for and how many pre-orders they had.

Of course the dealers that are holding out for higher prices will take longer to sell the car.

also once you factor in the preorders it lowers the average time the car takes to sell down, because it is ALREADY sold.

The numbers can't lie too much. What was it like 25000 preorders! [/b][/quote]
I'm not sure all I knew was that it wasn't selling at A-plan. That's all that matters to me. So I didn't ask any more about it. We may be going to the dealer tonight so my wife can check them out. I'll ask them then and see what they say.
Old 11/9/04, 03:24 PM

Production is on target. At the first of the year, the goal was 25,000 to 30,000 units produced. Things seem to be looking good for that goal.
Old 11/9/04, 03:31 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by EquineLover@November 9, 2004, 4:27 PM
Production is on target. At the first of the year, the goal was 25,000 to 30,000 units produced. Things seem to be looking good for that goal.
Then why did Ford say that the goal was to produce 44,000 units before X-mas shut down?
Old 11/9/04, 03:32 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Stadifer@November 9, 2004, 12:31 AM
I'm guessing that Ford releases actual unit sales on a quarterly basis with the fiscal stuff.
Ford publishes production #s every week and sales #s every month.
Old 11/9/04, 03:55 PM
V6 Member

The very nice dealership I ordered and bought mine from (X-plan or whatever it's called) still has the only other car they took delivery of -- and it is gorgeous -- Legend Lime GT, loaded. They are Grand Traverse Auto, in Traverse City Michigan, 231-922-2000, salesman is Paul Pelligreno (or whoever you want) I'm sure it's not sold yet, because face it, this is Northern Michigan. We get L-O-T-S of snow here; not the best time to be selling Mustangs. If someone wants it, call them. It's not a test car -- it's been in the showroom since it got there. And, I know for fact they WILL sell it, they're not holding it for any reason.
Old 11/9/04, 06:08 PM
GT Member

I just took delivery tonight - at that particular dealership there have been only three others sold before mine, all pre-ordered. None have been available for sale to the public.
Kinda strange that yesterday I checked the web for availability and it showed one, however last night when I went down to see my car (right off the truck), that other one was not available.
Old 11/9/04, 06:43 PM
V6 Member

I plan on getting mine next spring. I have a beat up old Jeep Wrangler for the winter. Face it, the Mustang is not a snow-friendly, northern climate car. Most of us in the snow belt will have a winter beater to get us through.

With that said, I live in proximity (drive by) 4 Ford dealerships all the time. Every one of them has at least one on the lot that hasn't been sold. Although I want the GT, there is a Sonic Blue V6 Coupe with the Appearance Package at $19.5K (X-Plan) that looks incredible. Must hold out and not cave in now...winter is coming and I want the GT...

Old 11/9/04, 07:00 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by GOFISCH@November 9, 2004, 12:17 PM
The one I just test drove is for sale, you just can't take it. lol Its there only GT and they want it for test drives.
:scratch: Are you serious? Do they really think they can sell a car to someone and not let them take it home? Especially for the reason of using it for test drives? Please tell me this isn't for real. I don't see how they could legally do that. Once I sign my name on the line, it's mine buddy and you'd better move out of my way as I take it home!!!!!!
Old 11/9/04, 08:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by JZInternet+November 9, 2004, 3:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JZInternet @ November 9, 2004, 3:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ace0215@November 9, 2004, 2:32 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-JZInternet
@November 9, 2004, 1:54 PM
I can't see it being right. The cars in my area had them far longer than 2 hours--more like 2 weeks.

Although, it probably depends on the location. They may be selling slower in the northern states because winter is coming.

Jason

you fail to mention what price the dealership is willing to sell the car for and how many pre-orders they had.

Of course the dealers that are holding out for higher prices will take longer to sell the car.

also once you factor in the preorders it lowers the average time the car takes to sell down, because it is ALREADY sold.

The numbers can't lie too much. What was it like 25000 preorders!
I'm not sure all I knew was that it wasn't selling at A-plan. That's all that matters to me. So I didn't ask any more about it. We may be going to the dealer tonight so my wife can check them out. I'll ask them then and see what they say. [/b][/quote]
Ok I got back from the dealer tonight. He told that he heard about the 2 hour turn around time and that it may be true in the bigger cities but certainly not the case there. They have a torch red auto there. They could have sold it the first day but didn't because they were saving it for that special introduction of the new ford lineup day or whatever the heck it was called. Since then they haven't had any takers. He told me they aren't marking them up, but they aren't going below msrp either. Now they have another windveil blue auto and a manual trans torch red coming in soon.

So they aren't going that fast everywhere. Dealers located in bigger cities and warmer climates are certainly selling them faster.
Old 11/9/04, 09:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by OBleedingMe@November 9, 2004, 3:13 AM
I don't believe this 2-hour-on-the-lot crap at all.... all the dealers in my area STILL have their Mustangs. It took one dealership 10 days to sell a Black GT stick, nearly fully-loaded, and that was in Princeton, NJ, an upscale area.
I'm not saying they don't sell fast other places, but I haven't seen them being sold immediately in the tons of dealerships I live around...
B) Strange. Our GT arrived Friday. Before we drove off in the late afternoon ( I was in LA ) that evening there were 6 offers I know of if we decided to back out.

Saturday took back to have some dealer options and Limo tint; they had another 5 offers.

I know this dealership has not had any of the GTs over a day so far. ANd this is without a lot of advertising. Maybe it's a SoCal thing, where weather is nice and Keeeewl cars are part of the culture.
Old 11/9/04, 11:47 PM
FR500 Member

I had business with my dealer and stopped to look at a black v-6 in
the showroom......I mentioned it had been there for a week and the
fleet manager said that's because it's not for sale.
I also looked at a yellow one they had in the lot.........he said that one is
also not for sale. He explained they show them and then write up orders.
They will do this until they receive sufficient stock for their store.
Of course this is also in "sunny" calif.
Old 11/10/04, 07:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I guess I can understand where they are coming form. Some people won't order unless they know how they feel about the car. This way they can see how they like it, then order one.

I can understand where they come from, but I don't think it is the best approach. But then again, I am not in the car sales business either.