2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

How many drive with gloves?

Search this Thread

Old 9/27/06, 05:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and the guy WITH the gloves is totally initiating it too.
Old 9/27/06, 05:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Further Proof That Gloves Are Gay!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Large-quality-fi...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 9/27/06, 05:10 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
1) if the guy on the right is gay and is impaired from putting on gloves, surely the other gay fellow would help him out in a gesture of kindness

2) see how the guy on the right is leaning and resting his head on the guy with the gloves? he recognizes glove boy as superior and is leaning on him for support

3) based on facial expressions, the gloveless one seems much more "into it" see how he has thrusted himself upon glove boy (in addition to the leaning pointed out in point 2)? thus showing the sex appeal of gloves

overall, your post just goes to show how gloves are ever so much superior than a lack of gloves

Old 9/27/06, 05:11 PM
Post *****

shop from that seller often?
Old 9/27/06, 05:35 PM
Post *****

oh and SurfnSoCal

i find it strange that you have such an aversion to those gay gloves. in fact, if it werent for the fact that your profile says "San Clemente" i would have expected you to live in San Fransisco, based on how stunning you looked when you wore that tutu
Old 9/27/06, 06:03 PM
V6 Member

this is way too funny. when did kids start wearing fingerless gloves,im going to kick my son's if he ever comes home with those.i allready have to deal with a pink polo shirt my wife bought him.
Old 9/27/06, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Driving gloves? I'm to lazy to bother to put gloves on everytime I drive.

I picture someone with a mullet and a wife beater driving a camaro with AC/DC blasting on the radio. If you live in a cold place I'll let you slide anyone else is just trying to look cool.
Now- why did you have to go and drag us mullet-folk into the fray.... we were all sitting on the sidelines minding our own business (with a big plastic comb in our back pockets)....
Old 9/27/06, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by future9er24
based on the guy on the right, its just as gay not to wear gloves
****IT- just called and Sharper Image is sold out of GayDar..... maybe brookstone?
Old 9/27/06, 08:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 123 Likes on 90 Posts
I like 'em in the dead of winter, leaving work. When I leave home she's been in the garage, and I don't need 'em.
Old 9/28/06, 01:47 AM
Cobra Member

I had fingerless gloves in the 80's, ala Billy Idols "rebel yell" video and I didn't turn gay, I did find myself unusually into musicals though.
Old 9/28/06, 10:51 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Mydnyghte
One thing that I had thought about doing for awhile was getting pair of driving gloves. Just to prolong the life of the steering wheel, in addition to regular leather treatment, and I think it could be kind of snazzy A good friend of mine has an uncle with a 300ZX, the body style before the 350 Z, and he always drove it with a glove. It was not his daily driver, and he never drove it in the rain, which is what I plan on doing once I get my car back from the shop. There is a nice new car cover in the garage waiting for her when she gets back But I was curious if there were many out there that have a pair they keep in the car when they go driving? Or if this was a thing of the past?
Drive with gloves? I don't even know you and I'm embarrased for you. Seriously, gloves might be okay if you are British, otherwise...
Old 9/28/06, 03:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Alright, so, hypothetical situation: A gay guy turns straight, but still wears his gloves regardless, how does that measure up?
Old 9/28/06, 04:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
I am loving this thread! I am trying hard not to laugh out loud so the people in the cubicles around me don't know that I am here and not working too hard...

So robair you are saying that British drivers are :gay:?

Because driving gloves most definitely ARE.
Old 9/29/06, 11:30 AM
GT Member

What a weird post......I've worn leather driving gloves (not the fingerless variety) on long distance drives for years...back in the 60's/70's Jimmy Clarke driving gloves were sold by specialty automotive shops, and were a hot item....remember, lots of cars had plastic steering wheels and no A/C. For me, in addition to offering comfort on long hauls its just an old habit.
Old 9/29/06, 02:51 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blitz
What a weird post......I've worn leather driving gloves (not the fingerless variety) on long distance drives for years...back in the 60's/70's Jimmy Clarke driving gloves were sold by specialty automotive shops, and were a hot item....remember, lots of cars had plastic steering wheels and no A/C. For me, in addition to offering comfort on long hauls its just an old habit.
Amen! Its unfortunate that the :gay:bashers are so afraid of a simple pair of gloves. They're cool, comfortable, and make handling the MGW e-brake handle in the dead of summer almost tolerable! Heck... as a kid I remember people in L.A. wearing fanny packs for years and years. Does this mean that people who live in L.A. are all :gay:??
Old 9/29/06, 03:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

The key phrase in Blitz's response is;
back in the 60's/70's

Originally Posted by Martimus
Does this mean that people who live in L.A. are all :gay:??
Easy answer here, YES.
Old 9/29/06, 03:28 PM
Post *****

lots of cars had plastic steering wheels and no A/C
like mine lol
Old 9/29/06, 09:41 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by future9er24
1) if the guy on the right is gay and is impaired from putting on gloves, surely the other gay fellow would help him out in a gesture of kindness

2) see how the guy on the right is leaning and resting his head on the guy with the gloves? he recognizes glove boy as superior and is leaning on him for support

3) based on facial expressions, the gloveless one seems much more "into it" see how he has thrusted himself upon glove boy (in addition to the leaning pointed out in point 2)? thus showing the sex appeal of gloves

overall, your post just goes to show how gloves are ever so much superior than a lack of gloves

This is the funniest **** i've read since Lettermans top ten the other nite on the gay governor of NJ..Now that **** was funny.....
Old 9/29/06, 09:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this is definately a stereotype, but the driving glove thing seems a little uppidy to me. I picture some Englishman in a foreign car with a leather hat and driving goggles on. American Muscle wasn't meant to be driven with gloves.
Old 9/30/06, 08:51 AM
GT Member

Anybody hear wear toe-less socks while driving???...just kidding, but seriously, this is one strange thread!

Quick Reply: How many drive with gloves?