2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Hit list.......

Search this Thread

Old 9/11/04, 05:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How long to we start getting numbers out of the rags???? This is getting crazy... LS1 a drivers race ????? I'm not seeing it, although I did pwn that Ls1 T/A on I-75 the other day, but that was because he lacked *****. :gay:
((Street Racing is dangerous. Don't do it))

Although knowing car enthusiast it's not going to matter what the rags say because people are going to believe what they want to believe whether it happened to them or their cousin's ex-girlfirends lawn guy... like that black ferrari with the quieted enging that was trafficking drugs up from FLorida to NY doing speed over 200mph by driving at night using infrared goggles. My professors hairdresser knew the cop that it happened too. Really.

PS: I've been waiting on us to get this smiley. I love it.
Old 9/12/04, 01:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

The magazines will calm some very imaginitive people down but make good arguments for just how much aftermarket items you'd need to go after the car that's only 4 or 5 tenths quicker in this area or that. So much fun is going to happen in the next couple of years on the drag strips around the USA (yes, and Canada).
Old 9/12/04, 01:48 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by SVTJayC@September 9, 2004, 11:51 AM
A 3000GT VR4, will not be an easy kill. Especially if it is modded.
2nd post woohoo
well the 3kgt should be an easy kill with some minor tunning to the 05 depending on what power numbers they acually have but bolt ons are going to come around pluss what ever we can pull and swap from the current 4.6 motors (if you know what i meen like rockers ect basic mustang stuff) all so some free mods like CAI and even going with the good ol TB coolent delete should be good for a few extra ponys but ive race some really decent 3k gts and have yet to have one stay with me on the track

but remember the car will come stock and stock usually wont do it around a heavly moded car as far as the new vettes in all reallity you should just see there brakes in the distance they are fairly fast but with my racer ive better stock ones and never had the chance to go up agenst a built one (someday my old bird will see you set its sights and blow it away) but i only race on a strip and since i just moved probably wont race for awile again

but keep the list going becuse someday they will all be taken down by an 05 they would never suspect
Old 9/12/04, 01:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

well the 3kgt should be an easy kill with some minor tunning to the 05 depending on what power numbers they acually have
uhh....WRONG

A later model (97-98) 3000GT VR4 makes 320hp stock from a TT V6. They are AWD as well. So they make an ideal platform for a real drag machine. Easily in the mid 13's stock. But most are much faster, as mods are a dime a dozen.

If you want to race a tired one with lots of miles on it, then its gonna be an easy kill, but that's not really "fair".
Old 9/12/04, 02:37 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by SVTJayC@September 12, 2004, 2:01 AM
well the 3kgt should be an easy kill with some minor tunning to the 05 depending on what power numbers they acually have
uhh....WRONG

A later model (97-98) 3000GT VR4 makes 320hp stock from a TT V6. They are AWD as well. So they make an ideal platform for a real drag machine. Easily in the mid 13's stock. But most are much faster, as mods are a dime a dozen.

If you want to race a tired one with lots of miles on it, then its gonna be an easy kill, but that's not really "fair".
Really hate to do this but "IDEAL DRAG MACHINE BECUSE ITS AWD"
Ok yes the new 3kgt makes 20 more ponies than the "300hp" new 05 stang ok now look into this as I am a racer im not claiming I know more than that im saying but look at some RWHP (rear wheel HP) ok now you have 20 more with the 3kgt and 20 less with the 05 but look what all you have to turn the more parts you have to go trough to get power to the pavement means less power to the pavement know what im saying you are going to easily kill 40 hp just because its AWD as far as a "REAL PLATFORM" how many fast cars have you seen that are not 2wd on the strip ? When you are trying to get it to the ground why lose so much just to get a better bite off the line plus they will have the same problem as FWD cars you ACC and you take all the weight off the drive tires making less traction and basically doing the opposite as what you wanted the awd car for as far as other races like road course rally ect yes then you would have "THE PLATFORM FOR THE SPORT" but as far as drags its all about getting there the quickest and by doing so you don’t need extra rotating mass, fiction, power robbing junk to move the front tires and one more thing 1/4 mile isn’t that far a stock set of turbo have a very slow spool time they wont start making real power till your past the 60 foot as where the 05 is still NA and making 20 less hp (even at that 20 hp isn’t all that much that’s just enough to feel it in the seat of the pants dyno and very easy to make up with simple mods) but im done ranting now and i will lay this all to rest dont really want to start a flame war since i like it here and really dont want to be the bad guy hope you can forgive me and remember to take everything with a grain of salt best quote i ever got was out of a play boy "believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see" good luck fellas with your up coming battles and make sure you let us know how you did I plan on taking my 05 to the track right after I brake it in (hopefully the next day)

Later. *zips up flame suit* :flame2:
Old 9/12/04, 10:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

AWD = quicker (and easier) launches. Also, you won't find too many "stock" 3000GT's at the strip. So id keep that flame suit handy, becasue you are gonna get lit up without some serious mods.

and one more thing 1/4 mile isn’t that far a stock set of turbo have a very slow spool time they wont start making real power till your past the 60 foot as where the 05
I dont know what this means, what language it is, or where you got the idea, but since the 3000GT setup uses twin sequential turbos, you get plenty of boost, all the time. And to say 1/4 isnt enough to scroll up even 1 giant turbo, is assinine. How do you think all those single turbo Supras run in the 9's??? Magic?
Old 9/12/04, 12:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by SVTJayC@September 12, 2004, 10:52 AM
AWD = quicker (and easier) launches. Also, you won't find too many "stock" 3000GT's at the strip. So id keep that flame suit handy, becasue you are gonna get lit up without some serious mods.

and one more thing 1/4 mile isn’t that far a stock set of turbo have a very slow spool time they wont start making real power till your past the 60 foot as where the 05
I dont know what this means, what language it is, or where you got the idea, but since the 3000GT setup uses twin sequential turbos, you get plenty of boost, all the time. And to say 1/4 isnt enough to scroll up even 1 giant turbo, is assinine. How do you think all those single turbo Supras run in the 9's??? Magic?
:scratch: yeah right....
Old 9/12/04, 01:07 PM
V6 Member

A stock 3000vr4 will get owned by the stock GT 05 in IMHO. The 3000 are too heavy and can't handl too many 6000rpm launches without frying the clucth. :nono: In low traction pavement, the 3000 would have the advantage (awd), specially agaisnt an unexperience driver.
Old 9/12/04, 01:43 PM

What type of 1/4mile did the 1997 and 1999 Cobra turn?

Based on the attached link:

http://mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/...ree_valve_head/

The 2005 GT heads flow a little bit less than the heads on those engines. Performance would be similar assuming transimission gearing and final drive ratio were the same. Or add/subtract as needed for the gearing differences. VVT would help the 2005 make better torque at lower rpms but it is the head flow nos. which would determine upper end hp.

I believe you can get a good idea of what type of performance to expect from the 2005 GT now.
Old 9/12/04, 01:49 PM
V6 Member

I live in Miami and you'd be surprised how fast some of the ricers here are. What I DO want to beat (only stoplight stuff and only on like US1(195) wher there is plenty of room, is the M3 and the S4. Will the 05 beat them stock? No, probably not, but with a little work it won't be too tough. People that own M3s and S4s around here aren't likely to be doing ANYTHING to them, as is true with alot of the nicer cars. The speed limit is 45 on US1 and thats what I go if not 50, VERY rarely if there are virtually no other cars on the road i may briefly go up to 60ish but thats it, too many people want to race here no matter what you're driving.

I was driving my sisters 98' Volvo s70 and I stopped at a light at liek 1 in the morning. This guy in some random truck (i wasn't paying attention to what it was) opens his door and stares me down and starts gesturing at me. I was on the phone and I just laughed at him and shooed him off with my hand. The light went green and he hit the gas, and i didn't move haha, it was funny.
Old 9/13/04, 11:21 AM
GT Member

I for one, don't expect the 05 Gt to be a street killer bone stock, a heck of a lot of fun, yes, but no more of a street killer than my 03 GT Vert was before S/Cing it. But I do think the 300hp is a great attribute "off the shelf" and that performance combined with the good looks and HUGE quality improvements make the 05 GT a bargain. My plan is to wait to see what SVT is offering and decide whether to opt for a Cobra or buy a GT and drop some $$ on mods.

One thing is certain, I'm hooked on the new stang (enough to say g'bye the sport sedans that most people my age [35] are buying). I sat in an 05 gt this summer--at the Shelby Mid-America meet in Tulsa. For those of you who are used to previous gen mustangs, prepare for a shock. These new GTs are much nicer cars all the way around--its an huge improvement. Getting back into my 03 GT convertible to drive home was almost painful. The point being: I will eagerly drop extra dough into the 05 to improve performance, or spend the extra cash for a new Cobra--the build quality of the car I sat in warrants the investment. I've only done some mods on the engine of my '03 GT (no suspension, wheel or tire upgrades), I just can't justify spending more money on the car--I love it, but will admit that its kinda cheap inside and out.

The only car I want to beat is my little brother's 500hp 1969 Cougar "Eliminator" clone. I've got to spend some money!!! LOL. Our first "date" is tentively set for summer 05-- at the Tulsa Drag strip.
Old 9/13/04, 04:37 PM

Hi Everyone, I've been lurking here for awhile (great site by the way) I guess this topic struck a nerve...Most of the cars mentioned here I really like. I like the 350Z and G35. I think the Evo and Sti are good cars. I'm not a big fan of GM, but respect the F bodies. I am even kinda impressed w/the rice burners. Getting that power from a 4 cyl engine is impressive...But I think, what most people here really want is not to beat a particular car, but the person behind the wheel.

I have a co-worker, who just got an RX-8. A good car I think, and he deserves it, he's worked hard for it. But the minute he's behind the wheel, he turns into Speed Racer. He insists he can beat any 350Z off the line from 0-60. (I cant get him to understand the concept of torque) and he always want to race me...I drive a Civic-all 110 bhp of it.

For me...I love all cars. I'm a car freak. I've never really gotten into the venerable "Grand Prix de Stoplight" I dont really have a car I want to smoke...it's the jerk behind the wheel that I'd like to knock down a peg or two.

I think this topic has some good ideas about how fast the 05 GT will be, but whether or not it wins, it sure will be fun laying down some rubber next to these cars. My best friend has a 350Z, the other day he called me cause he raced an M3. He got smoked, but for him it was fun just getting the chance see what you got. I think that's what most people here are anticipating.

By the way, by first car was a '67 fastback, my second was a laser red '94 GT. I love the '05...cant get one now, but if I get my finances in order, there may be an '06 in my future, maybe even a Cobra...

Thanks everyone...keep up the great work on this site!!!
Old 9/13/04, 06:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

And who was the person who wants to run one of these that posted on the first page? :nono: I've got one available to run the first local guy who gets an '05 before I do (at the track of course!).
Old 9/13/04, 06:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

This is a great thread by the way. I've had a lot of races in my GN but I can tell you that I can not wait to get an '05 even though I know it will have a lot less HP than my GN. It's the total package that is so impressive about the new Mustang!

I do think that those who may be wanting to knock off a GN, a Vette, Supra, etc (with a 300 hp GT) are a little over zealous but hey, it's still fun to dream, right?
Old 9/13/04, 08:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by willy_sc5.0@September 12, 2004, 1:10 PM
A stock 3000vr4 will get owned by the stock GT 05 in IMHO. The 3000 are too heavy and can't handl too many 6000rpm launches without frying the clucth. :nono: In low traction pavement, the 3000 would have the advantage (awd), specially agaisnt an unexperience driver.
sPeak TeH Engrish...
Old 9/13/04, 10:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

yeah, thats what i thought of that post too. That, and unfortunately it's completely inaccurate.