2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

HID bulb out. Can't figure out what type I need. Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 8/18/14, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question HID bulb out. Can't figure out what type I need. Please help!

I am a new Mustang owner. I have been in love with the Mustang since before I could drive. I bought a 2005 Mustang V6 in March. Previous owner has customized the heck out of it. Along with the customization, I have HID headlights. No part shop has ever seen these type of headlights. I went to several. In a last ditch effort, I am having the dealership contact the previous owner for help. Until then, I'm hoping someone can help me. I know I can order these online pretty cheap but I need to know what kind I have. Through research, I have figured out that they are Bi-Xenon (high beam does work with a single bulb) and the stock size for the '05 Mustang is H13 (it does have stock headlights). I have been through website after website to no avail. Here are some pictures of the headlight and ballast. Neither has a manufacturer on them. I'm clueless and until I can get a replacement bulb, I'm stuck driving in dry, day weather. Thanks!
Old 8/18/14, 01:14 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Pics aren't showing up. If no one can identify it, then it sounds like a cheap Frankenstein bulb that probably shouldn't be in a car.

If you've still got the stock headlight housings, then you should have halogen bulbs anyway...but that's a separate argument for another time.

HID bulbs should also be replaced in pairs, so maybe it's just time to buy a new set of your own.
Old 8/23/14, 09:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts
are there any numbers on the side?
Old 8/24/14, 11:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I'd just bought a new hid set kit never used it as the Raxiom lights I ordered finally came in so for your year mustang try looking at this site to see if anything looks the same I'll try to take a pic of what I bought
Attached Thumbnails HID bulb out. Can't figure out what type I need. Please help!-20140824_221958.jpg  
Old 8/30/14, 03:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by catlover1982
I am a new Mustang owner. I have been in love with the Mustang since before I could drive. I bought a 2005 Mustang V6 in March. Previous owner has customized the heck out of it. Along with the customization, I have HID headlights. No part shop has ever seen these type of headlights. I went to several. In a last ditch effort, I am having the dealership contact the previous owner for help. Until then, I'm hoping someone can help me. I know I can order these online pretty cheap but I need to know what kind I have. Through research, I have figured out that they are Bi-Xenon (high beam does work with a single bulb) and the stock size for the '05 Mustang is H13 (it does have stock headlights). I have been through website after website to no avail. Here are some pictures of the headlight and ballast. Neither has a manufacturer on them. I'm clueless and until I can get a replacement bulb, I'm stuck driving in dry, day weather. Thanks!

Of importance: Are you using the stock housings for sure? If so, you can just get any eBay biXenon kit compatible with H13.

OR... are you using OEM Ford HID/Saleen Mustang headlights? Those were both built by Valeo, and the replacement bulb is a D3R. Those bad boys aren't cheap!

Good luck with your repair!