Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hh gregg ( crooks )

Search this Thread

Old 3/23/07, 04:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hh gregg ( crooks )

Hi everyone I know this is a little off the subject, But Don't trust doing business with the HH Gregg stores. If the advertisement says (No payments no interest for a year) Don't trust their word,read the contract ,a sales man will tell you anything to get you to sign a contract. My credit is totally ruined because of them! I had very excellant credit before ,now it's shoot! I'll never do business with these people again. A little about the story,I purchashed a 60 inch hd tv and I was even goinmg to put a deposit down ,but the sales man said ,You don't have to! why put a payment down when you have a year to pay it off,pay what you want ,just as long as you pay it off before the year is up and there will be no interest,just the purchash price. So I signed the contract took posession of the tv and two months later after I had payed $500.00 I got a statement in the mail ,that I was behind with my payment,What payment! so they then said since I didn't pay it on time ,my contract was voided and I was charged a interest rate of 25%. What I sould have done and I am kicking my behind for not doing it ,is go to my credit union and borrowed enough to pay it off and then I would be in the shape I'm
now in. credit went from a 6.85 to 5.25. Sorry to vent ,But I'm peed off to no end. I worked so hard to established credit now all that hard work down the drain! I have never missed a payment on my car or anything else,except this tv, I kept paying on it and I noticed that the total owed on it never went down. After three years still @ $ 5,000.00. What a bunch of crooks!
Old 3/23/07, 04:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Boy, that sounds like one of those that use the "D" batteries Cu's they stuck it in deep.
Old 3/23/07, 04:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Robbieg
Boy, that sounds like one of those that use the "D" batteries Cu's they stuck it in deep.
You could say that! I'll see them in court, I offered to settle it with $2,000.00 and they said that I owed them ,6000.00 but they would settle for $3,040.00. But I refused I feel I have paid these crooks all I'm going to ,witout going to court. Understand I was going to make a down payment and the sales man talked me out of it, said as long as you pay it off befor e the years up. all you will owe is the cost of the tv $4,500.00. pay what you want just as long as you make sure to pay it be for May 2005. $500.00 here ,$300.00 ther and so on. what a bunch of crap and come to find out it's not through HH Gregg,It's through GE Money Banks. I had a lowes card through them paided it off ,because I din't like doing business with GE Money Banks, so I don't get anything on credit from lowes now. in fact i haven't shoped with them since. As long as they are part of GE Money Banks ,I'll have nothing to do with them.
Old 3/23/07, 05:01 PM
GTR Member

Hope you win your case.that would **** me off royally
Old 3/23/07, 05:05 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
A lot of stores do this.
BEWARE!!! YOU STILL MUST MAKE THE MINIMUM MONTHLY PAYMENT
Don't ever believe the salesman, he doesn't have to abide by the contract.
Old 3/23/07, 06:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cash is always good!!!
Old 3/23/07, 08:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mustangjack
Cash is always good!!!
Yes ,I know ,but cash don't build up credit. If they would have done right ,I would have paid it off with in the first year and they would have had a customer for life,but now I'll never go back and I'll tell everyone I can what they did. As far a court goes I'll probly lose ,but maybe the judge will take in consideration of depreciation of a three year old tv. But who knows, I'll tell my story and see what happens.Now time to schedule a talk with a lawyer.
Old 3/23/07, 08:28 PM
Cobra Member

Always important to read the fine print. The salesman will tell you anything to get the sale (and his commission). Unfortunately it will probably come down that you signed the contract so you're on the hook. It doesn't really matter what the salesman said.
Old 3/24/07, 04:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by flamin ponyexpress
Yes ,I know ,but cash don't build up credit.
"If you play with snakes, sooner or later you'll get bit."

Your Grandparents saved up for what they wanted, and/or needed and paid cash.

What happened to you is, you bought something you didn't have the money for, you had to have it now, and you didn't read what you signed. We have all done it, some of of have learned and won't do it again.

http://www.daveramsey.com/
Old 3/24/07, 04:23 AM
Bullitt Member

As far a court goes I'll probly lose ,but maybe the judge will take in consideration of depreciation of a three year old tv.
You bought a new TV. You used it for 3 years. You used all the "depreciation". You can also pay a lawyer to go to court and have a judge tell you the same thing.
Old 3/24/07, 04:56 AM
Cobra Member

Wait, what the heck does this have to do with S197 Mustangs? This belongs in the correct forum. AKA general chat.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/forumdisplay.php?f=25
Old 3/24/07, 07:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mustangfreak
Wait, what the heck does this have to do with S197 Mustangs? This belongs in the correct forum. AKA general chat.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/forumdisplay.php?f=25
Sorry for putting it in the wrong one,But I'm just venting! you don't like don't read it. If the monerator wants to move it ,I understand. But just think how many people have been done the same as me , It's just not right! Don't take advantage of people. Understand I would have been able to pay this off in a year if they wouldn't have voided my original deal or contract. the first payment I sent them was $500.00. each time I would pay a payment I would get a call wanting to know when I'm going to pay again, just harrassed .....
Old 3/24/07, 12:39 PM
GTR Member

"If you play with snakes, sooner or later you'll get bit."

Your Grandparents saved up for what they wanted, and/or needed and paid cash.

What happened to you is, you bought something you didn't have the money for, you had to have it now, and you didn't read what you signed. We have all done it, some of of have learned and won't do it again.

http://www.daveramsey.com/
If we bought stuff we only had money for we wouldn't have houses or Stangs...etc,etc
Be realistic
Old 3/24/07, 01:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
If"]http://www.daveramsey.com/
[/url]If we bought stuff we only had money for we wouldn't have houses or Stangs...etc,etc
Be realistic[/quote]

Just my point! They could atleast be honest and up front on everything.There's nothing I can do ,but maybe I saved someone else the head akes I went through, Aren't we suppost to help one another. Trust me if someone would have worned me of there practices I would have never went there. Just a heads up!
Old 3/24/07, 01:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yes ,I know ,but cash don't build up credit.
My FICO is 780, the only thing I have ever used a credit card for is gas (only in the past year) which I pay off before the end of the month, and I put cash down for my Mustang with the exception of $6k, which I payed off in the first 4 months, just so I could have something on my credit card to boost my fico. ($6k was the minimum ammount they would finance) Aside from that, I have never used my credit card for anything else, and I think my FICO is pretty darn good
Old 3/24/07, 02:14 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Error404
My FICO is 780, the only thing I have ever used a credit card for is gas (only in the past year) which I pay off before the end of the month, and I put cash down for my Mustang with the exception of $6k, which I payed off in the first 4 months, just so I could have something on my credit card to boost my fico. ($6k was the minimum ammount they would finance) Aside from that, I have never used my credit card for anything else, and I think my FICO is pretty darn good
Yeah I just sold my oldest boy my almost new Hyundai and he only just gotten his first credit card 2 months ago.
He is over 21 and I didn't need to co-sign for the loan.
Sometimes no bad credit can be pretty good credit.
Old 3/24/07, 02:35 PM
GTR Member

building credit isn't the issue.The issue is the sleazy salesman lied thru his freakin rotten teeth to get the sale
Old 3/24/07, 04:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

building credit isn't the issue.The issue is the sleazy salesman lied thru his freakin rotten teeth to get the sale
Finally someone understands what happened!Fell lucky to have a high FICA with no credit estblished. That doesn't happen a lot.
Old 3/29/07, 06:05 AM
Bullitt Member

If"]http://www.daveramsey.com[/url]If we bought stuff we only had money for we wouldn't have houses or Stangs...etc,etc
Be realistic
Realistic? These things can be bought with cash. It's an even better feeling to have these things when you saved for them and you don't owe anyone and don't have to put up with "sleezy" sales people and contracts you don't read. Take ownership of your situation, don't put yourself in a position where you'll have problems.

I understand what happened, I have been there too. Maybe someday you'll understand too. A FICA score isn't everything. http://daveramsey.com

By the way, Why is this in this forum?
Old 3/29/07, 06:14 AM
GTR Member

Realistic? These things can be bought with cash. It's an even better feeling to have these things when you saved for them and you don't owe anyone and don't have to put up with "sleezy" sales people and contracts you don't read. Take ownership of your situation, don't put yourself in a position where you'll have problems.
It takes a mature individual to handle their finances responsibly. I have bought many things on credit but am disciplined enough to pay it off in a reasonable amount of time. Also,I love the convenience of not carrying cash. If you lose your wallet ,you can cancel card but won't get your money back. Did you buy EVERYTHING you own with cash??
Back to topic,yes the person in question should have read the contract carefully,but that doesn't excuse the scumbag who lied to him