Old 6/26/05, 07:16 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have not experience this with 6000 miles
Old 6/26/05, 08:03 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Don't have to repost, I moved it.

Also, my car just hit 8000K/M and its the first I've ever seen of it.
Old 6/26/05, 08:06 PM
GT Member

Mine does it only on first start up after it's been sitting all night...not really a bucking..but just a slight hessitation as your accelerateing..in first and second after shifting....Then it doesnt do it again..seem to me it has something to do with the cold motor before warming up!!
Old 6/27/05, 09:16 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Surge13@June 20, 2005, 8:06 PM
I keep getting a hesitation/jerking in first gear. It's only when it's just been started up. It does it when the clutch is in or out. I went to dealer today and of course it didn't do it for them and they couldn't find anything wrong. Does anyone else have this problem?
I get the same thing, I've noticed this ONLY happens if you try to take off while the car is in it's fast idle state. If you either wait 20 seconds after start, let the rpms drop to normal idle, or give it a nice rev right after start, or use reverse before first gear, no bucking/surging.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the electronic throttle control fighting with engine management, trying to keep a specific RPM range right after start up.

I just let it idle down now after a little parking lot snafu where the stang about broke my flipping neck surging before I gave it a huge rev. Course it all happens right as the company presidents getting his harley out of the stall next to my stang.
Old 6/27/05, 09:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Vandil@June 27, 2005, 10:19 AM
I get the same thing, I've noticed this ONLY happens if you try to take off while the car is in it's fast idle state. If you either wait 20 seconds after start, let the rpms drop to normal idle, or give it a nice rev right after start, or use reverse before first gear, no bucking/surging.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the electronic throttle control fighting with engine management, trying to keep a specific RPM range right after start up.

I just let it idle down now after a little parking lot snafu where the stang about broke my flipping neck surging before I gave it a huge rev. Course it all happens right as the company presidents getting his harley out of the stall next to my stang.
I think Vandil's right - it happened to me when I was taking a couple co-workers for a ride at lunch. I started the car, waited only a few seconds, backed out of the parking spot, and took off very easily in first gear. Then it just started bucking - I didn't apply more throttle or do anything - and could only make it stop by pushing in the clutch. Very embarassing! :angry:

The only time it happens for me is right after starting the car when it's not already warmed up, and then it only happens if I take off with just a little throttle, like going slow in a parking lot. If I sense it's happening, I just push in the clutch quick, and by the time I let the clutch back out again, the car runs smoothly like it's supposed to...
Old 6/27/05, 11:15 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
So now we see it happens in a bunch of situations...just taking off....
and in mine....after driving it for 1.5 hours while in different gears.

Wondering if reflashing to the newest software fixes this issue?
Old 6/28/05, 02:25 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have the people having this issue done anything to the intake? Perhaps the removal of the trap or a different intake is confusing the MAF? I'm wondering if people who are completely stock are experiencing this. I haven't had this issue with my car, but I also back it out of garage every time I use it.
Old 6/28/05, 02:56 PM
Bullitt Member

no my car is still bone stock from the rear axle forward. Just added the flowmaster thats it.

The car does not buck at speed or after being warmed up. So now I start it (if its cold) and let it idle for two or three minutes before putting the car in any gear.

So far no more bucking.

I think its the cold idle setting for emissions when you first start the car. As for the GT problem when you were slowing down and then speeding up or whatver I am going to say it is a different problem you have. Same sensation sort of but in your case I think I am going to go with the coil/bank misfire glitch. Causing your motor to misfire or forget to fire completly when you got on the throttle.
Old 7/8/05, 09:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Well I seem to have just got this same problem in my 05 GT, mine was built in may.
I have around 1,600 miles on it.

Once again its the cold start put it into first and it will buck (on occasion, not every time you turn it on)
Once its warmed up, if I turn off the car and turn it back on, I dont have the problem anymore.

I am going to take mine into the dealer and see if they can figure out the problem.