2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

heres to the MCA show and new friends

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/06, 07:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by StangNut
It was Friday morning when we went vacuum out the cars. I think we left there and then met you guys at the hotel.

I turned into the median for the U-turn back to the car wash and when I saw a small break in the traffic, I gunned it so I would give Dave & Dave room to come on through if they wanted to. Well the road was a little wet and I would up doing more of a 225 instead of a 180. Slid it back the other way, straightened it out and headed for that turn lane to pull into the wash. Got a little squirley again and then got full control and whipped it into the car wash. The whole time praying there weren't any cops around.

And the traction control was on!
That was kick azz Dave and I were in the median waiting for traffic to give us a spot to flip a biotch. Jason had an opening and nailed it and got a little squirrely I looked at Dave and just went (like the guy in the Full Throttle commercial), "WOO HOO!!!". And yes I wish I'd had the camera going Jason lettin' his man out
Old 9/6/06, 08:41 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm just embarassed I never got to clean Ellie all proper. Thursday was a bust and Friday I was up there. Saturday she got cleaned but it was too late by then.

Here's my weekends present:
Attached Thumbnails heres to the MCA show and new friends-09-03-06_1810.jpg  
Old 9/6/06, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by EleanorsMine
I'm just embarassed I never got to clean Ellie all proper. Thursday was a bust and Friday I was up there. Saturday she got cleaned but it was too late by then.

Here's my weekends present:
Right there with ya except my present was on the hood. A FREAKIN huge rock skipped across my hood and into my windshield.
The hood was scratched to the metal.
Windshield is livable with just a bad scuff mark.

Good news is the STANG is allready getting painted as we speak.
Old 9/6/06, 05:55 PM

Hey there Runfox.
The SilverSprings show is in January
here is a linky
http://www.npdlink.com/modules/Silve...s/SSFORD07.pdf
Old 9/6/06, 05:57 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys,

It was a pleasure, and like I said in the other thread, I am REALLY sorry I didn't get to spend more time with everyone. The kids being with us really threw a wrench in our plans, and so we were really trying to do too many things at once...

On the damage front, I survived Barber without a scratch, just to rub the paint down to bare plastic on the back bumper with the daughter's cart over 700 miles home. Needless to say, it has given me an excuse to shop for back bumpers now, and maybe get a good source on them for everyone else.

I really had a lot of fun, even with the heat and kids, and just wish we had more time to spend with everyone. I ran around like a madman Sunday morning trying to catch people, but didn't have too much luck.

MTAS - you got the card because I saw the car in the lot - I had extra tickets to the dinner Saturday night, but never got the chance to find you to see if you wanted to go. Like I said, it was all a blur...

Oh, and to add insult to injury, somewhere in AL on I-20, ALL of our shirts and hats we had left ended up on the road... underneath the tires of the trailer no less. We salvaged two at the next truck stop, but that was a bummer, as we had about 20 in there still with our #93 car...

Oh well, could've been worse!
Old 9/6/06, 06:10 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

The grumble of it is, I just raised my deductible a few weeks ago when we got the second mustang. It's just a line(that's growing), but its bugging me nuts.

Oh well, it was worth it for the fun!
Old 9/6/06, 09:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by runfox
A few more..........
1)White GT500, 2)07 Shelby GT with riveted hood scoop, 3) Ghost flames, what would you all think about Ghost Le Mans strips on my car....Yeah??,,Nah???, 4) California dream hood I want, hood pins that lock, who makes them????, 5) CLose up of locking pins, your homework .... find these locking hood pins and psot their web page, 6) Grabber Orange GT500, 7) My son and new Humvee, 8) UpArmor Humvee he will be driving in Iraq, 9) Sherman tank at Camp Shleby, 10) Abrams tank Camp Shelby
see post #19 pictures

OK Folks any thoughts on ghost lemans stripes, and any ideas who makes these locking hood pins, I think they would be a much better hood pin than the ones with the cables hanging down, any thoughts there???
Old 9/7/06, 04:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

I had a great time eveyone. The trip from Virginia was a bit wet going to Birmingham but hey it wasn't as bad as the Tropical Storm that hit home while we were having fun with Mustangs

I have a bunch of pics that I will try to post when I get a chance
Old 9/7/06, 05:37 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally Posted by runfox
see post #19 pictures

OK Folks any thoughts on ghost lemans stripes, and any ideas who makes these locking hood pins, I think they would be a much better hood pin than the ones with the cables hanging down, any thoughts there???
I got mine from CDC at the show. They don't drill in(which Brian said no to) but the rest goes on like a real hoodpin.
And yes, I like the ghost stripes. I thought about them when I was going to stripe my car.

PS- how was the waterpark?
Also, this is the before I got the cables situated pic.