Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Please..Ordered July 28..No info yet, nothing...Edmonton, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 8/26/06, 11:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help Please..Ordered July 28..No info yet, nothing...Edmonton, Canada

Am I worried for nothing? I was told my 2007 GT was ordered the next day. All I have since then is my bill of sale that states nothing about the options, just that I ordered a factory 2007 Mustang GT, Black...

I have since emailed and called many times. My salseman told me he will keep me updated on anything. Still no vin, nothing as of Aug 25, 4 weeks and no news. I was told 6 to 8 weeks. I am wondering if they infact ordered it the next day or not. Yes, I am excited about my new car as everyone else is on this site. I see many orders receiving their vin in under 4 weeks. Still no news at all and I am wondering what I should expect at this time. Any information from anyone would be helpful...thank you for your input.

P.S My deposit cheque was just cashed last week. I noticed it was not cashed and called them twice. Finally they cashed it and said it was stuck in my file????What???Stuck in my file...Well that is all, thank you....
Old 8/26/06, 11:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VegasGold
Am I worried for nothing? I was told my 2007 GT was ordered the next day. All I have since then is my bill of sale that states nothing about the options, just that I ordered a factory 2007 Mustang GT, Black...

I have since emailed and called many times. My salseman told me he will keep me updated on anything. Still no vin, nothing as of Aug 25, 4 weeks and no news. I was told 6 to 8 weeks. I am wondering if they infact ordered it the next day or not. Yes, I am excited about my new car as everyone else is on this site. I see many orders receiving their vin in under 4 weeks. Still no news at all and I am wondering what I should expect at this time. Any information from anyone would be helpful...thank you for your input.

P.S My deposit cheque was just cashed last week. I noticed it was not cashed and called them twice. Finally they cashed it and said it was stuck in my file????What???Stuck in my file...Well that is all, thank you....
Couple of ideas-
1-Call Ford Customer Service and ask them about your order
2-Go to the dealership and ask for a copy of your DORA which is proof the order was placed for your car (DORA should be available the next day)

Regarding your deposit check-
My dealer never cashed my check, he kept it on file until the car came in then added that check to the one I wrote for the cost of the car (I paid for the car in full when I picked it up)
Old 8/26/06, 11:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Thank you Mike, I will try that...
Old 8/27/06, 01:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Thank you everyone for all your input. I will now ask for my Vehicle Order Confirmation. Hopefully I will get it and then be able to track my order as many others have....
Old 8/27/06, 06:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Took 8 weeks for my order to be scheduled. I ordered a standard GT convertible form a small dealer in Ontario on June 30th. Got my VOC from the dealer and checked ERL every day for status. Finally, after 8 weeks, it was serialized. Now scheduled to be built the week of Sept 4th. Good luck with your order!
Old 8/27/06, 06:16 PM
GT Member

I was worried about my order too as the dealer would not give me a DORA. I finally got my VIN after 5 weeks of hearing nothing, and then my car was here in less than two weeks. I ordered on 6/9 and it was delivered 7/31. I'm not saying that you will have the same experience, but its too early to panic. My dealer did cash my deposit check within 2 days.
Old 9/1/06, 05:45 PM
GT Member

I had ordered a '07 GT Vert on June 21; as of Aug 5 I still had heard nothing and had no scheduled to build date. The other Ford dealer in town got in a black '07 GT/CS Vert that was unsold, and I grabbed it. Got my deposit back from the first dealer, and all worked out fine.

It seems to take 6 to 8 weeks to get a date for build, at least in this part of the woods. Yours should be along soon, I would think. It's worth the waiit, believe me.
Old 9/1/06, 05:52 PM

I second that!!! VERY much worth the wait!!

Just spent the last hour sitting in mine in the garage trying to figure out all the bells and whistles. AWESOME!!

Good luck to you, hope you see it soon!
Old 9/1/06, 09:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Thank you ALL for your information...I have learned so much on the site...I now have my DORA and VOC...I cal the ERL everyday...I noticed I have to call after 9 P.M to get yesterdays update...As of August 30, I am still clean and unscheduled...Let see that is now 5 weeks from order and nothing...Just a minute, my dealer said he ordered the car the next day. That would be July 28 but, the DORA states August 3, the official order date...What a surprise...

I know it is only 4 weeks from official order date...It seems like 4 months...Some here have waited that long...Any way, thank you again, I will calll ERL and hope for some good news....To be honest, I would expect something in the next two weeks, if not I will be very upset...Vegas...
Old 9/2/06, 12:15 AM

Hang in there VegasGold!!! It will be well worth the wait!!!