2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Help With Getting a VIN

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/07, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help With Getting a VIN

Hey Everyone -

I'm new to the site - although I've been lurking and learning a ton over the past month or so. A big thank you to everyone for everything I have learned so far.

I was wondering if someone could help me out: my Mustang GT was recently built and shipped. I've been trying to get a VIN for the car, but the dealer keeps giving me the run-around and won't give it to me (if the car has been built, then I know it has to have a VIN). I just tried call Ford Customer Service, but they didn't help me either. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I feel like something may be going on.

Is there any reason they wouldn't give me the VIN ahead of time? Oh yeah, I know it has been built and shipped because I've been checking in with regularly on the Ford VOPC.

If I could get the VIN and the exact build date (and maybe a confirmation of specs for the car), it would be truly appreciated! Let me know and I'll PM you the order info from my DORA.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 4/7/07, 11:50 AM
V6 Member

It sounds like they just don't want to be bothered to take the time to look it up. When my car was being built, the dealer looked up the vin for me while I waited in the showroom and it took them all of 3 or 4 minutes to do so.

I am sure your dealer could do the same if they wanted to, did you say please?
Old 4/7/07, 12:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had my vin when the car was scheduled to be built
Old 4/7/07, 01:31 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jmanbos
Hey Everyone -

I'm new to the site - although I've been lurking and learning a ton over the past month or so. A big thank you to everyone for everything I have learned so far.

I was wondering if someone could help me out: my Mustang GT was recently built and shipped. I've been trying to get a VIN for the car, but the dealer keeps giving me the run-around and won't give it to me (if the car has been built, then I know it has to have a VIN). I just tried call Ford Customer Service, but they didn't help me either. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I feel like something may be going on.

Is there any reason they wouldn't give me the VIN ahead of time? Oh yeah, I know it has been built and shipped because I've been checking in with regularly on the Ford VOPC.

If I could get the VIN and the exact build date (and maybe a confirmation of specs for the car), it would be truly appreciated! Let me know and I'll PM you the order info from my DORA.

Be persistent and remind them that you're PAYING them to service you!
Old 4/14/07, 07:37 AM
V6 Member

I had my Vin Number the day after i ordered it and i'm from Australia.
Old 4/16/07, 10:06 PM

Thanks everyone. They never did get back to me on it, regardless of repeated requests. Regardless, I have the VIN now because I can read it right off the dash - the eagle has landed.

I'll be picking her up Friday...
Old 4/16/07, 10:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jmanbos
Hey Everyone -

If I got that from a dealer I'd be stoked, here in Canada I could always call Ford Canada any they always gave me plenty of help ! So I wonder if you called them not Canada but USA what they'd say and as far as the person that sold it too you ? I'm not sure Try the Sales manager and still if then there has got to be something amis. They can only help if you have those three things, I can't recall right now but like dealer number/body stlye / vin # sort of thing. Good Luck !