Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlamp aiming ?

Search this Thread

Old 10/31/06, 09:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Question Headlamp aiming ?

I'm not sure where to put this since it's not performance or appearance related.
I need to aim my headlamps. They seem to be a little low. Does anyone know where the adjusters are for this? I was looking at the headlamp assembly and I found what appears to be the right/left adjuster, it's marked like this; R<----->L . It's got a recessed spot for an allen/hex wrench to turn it so you can adjust the lamps right or left. But I can not find anything that looks like it will allow you to adjust the lights up and down. Anyone knwo the answer? THANKS for any help!
Old 10/31/06, 12:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
You can't adjust the headlights from left to right, only up and down. There is a white plastic Phillips screw in the back of the headlight assembly that does the aiming. The assembly doesn't need to be removed.

For instructions on aiming the headlights, check the owners manual. Surprisingly enough, there are complete instructions contained within.
Old 10/31/06, 03:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks. I'll check it out. I didn't think the owners manual would get that specific so I didn't even look there! DOH!

Fast forward - ten miuntes later -
That was it. Thanks again mrkabc. I was thinking the R&L on the adjuster meant right & left but obviously not.
Old 10/31/06, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My HID headlights were way off I Couldn't see hardly anything at night on hi beam...I thought the beam needed to be raised....When i brought my car to the dealership for basic service I told them of this....They told me there was no adjustment to raise my headlights only right and left so they never touched them. I saw the adjustment and I thought that ment right and left...but turns out it is raise and lower...I found out online ...Just what I needed...I adjusted my headlights at the paint shop about 2 weeks ago and I think its right now...though from reading I may have to lower the drivers side a little...Hopefully i'll be getting my car back next week I've only been able to drive it 3 weeks since buying it new in July...It has been in the shop ever since
Old 3/21/07, 08:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks for the info on this. I just got the saleen lights installed and the headlights were pointed so low at the ground the foglights were twice as high. Really simple fix!
Old 3/21/07, 08:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by garyb900
I was thinking the R&L on the adjuster meant right & left but obviously not.
That would have been my first though too, but maybe it's really "Raise" & "Lower".
Old 3/21/07, 10:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by garyb900
Thanks. I'll check it out. I didn't think the owners manual would get that specific so I didn't even look there! DOH!

Fast forward - ten miuntes later -
That was it. Thanks again mrkabc. I was thinking the R&L on the adjuster meant right & left but obviously not.
Lol, I read the owners manual before I go the car and didnt remeber seing adjusting headlights!
I need to do this myself, as lowering the rea one inch seems to have made a difference. I am getting tired of the people flashing me. Mostly over hills tho and they see 4 lights and assume brights are on. But had my mom and dad in front of me one day and got a phone call to turn off my brights, lol.