2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Halo lights to replace fog lamps

Search this Thread

Old 1/19/11, 10:24 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halo lights to replace fog lamps

Hey Guys,

I was thinking about the halo lights that can be installed for our fog lamps. I have a few questions I would like to ask.

What should I get, the CCFL or LEDs? I hear the LEDs are not as good looking and can't bee seen during the day, as opposed to the CCFLs that are. (which I found odd). And that the LEDs are not seated well and often come loose. (which I also found odd.) However, I hear the life expectancy of CCFL is low. So I am looking for opinions on this matter.

Second, how do they function in your car? Since there is a ring and the bulb in the housing, where do you tie each in? Especially if you don't want the ring to come on at the same time of the lamp. How easy is it to do?

Here is the plan, I have LED switchback turn signals. I drive around with my parking lights (which are the LEDs) and the fog lights all day long as I use them for daytime lights. Well the fog lamps are a yellow color compared to the LEDs in my parking lights/turn signal. As I am trying to figure out what is the best bulb to replace the stock bulbs in my Fog lamps, I thought about the halo ring. During the day and at dusk I thought it would be really good complements of each other; LEDs at the bottom of the bumper and the Rings in my grill.

Let me know what you think,
Thanks.
Old 1/19/11, 03:19 PM
Cobra Member

I'll sell you mine, never could get them to look equivalent/symmetric in light output, so put some PIAA driving lights in instead. Of course, I didn't try too hard to look at the wiring, and never did get my switchbacks to work with the resistor and all, so sent those back for plain lights. Maybe I'm just a sucky electrician...

I decided I didn't like the look, unless you go for the halo headlights as well.
Old 1/22/11, 07:16 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by LordRipberger
Hey Guys,

I was thinking about the halo lights that can be installed for our fog lamps. I have a few questions I would like to ask.

What should I get, the CCFL or LEDs? I hear the LEDs are not as good looking and can't bee seen during the day, as opposed to the CCFLs that are. (which I found odd). And that the LEDs are not seated well and often come loose. (which I also found odd.) However, I hear the life expectancy of CCFL is low. So I am looking for opinions on this matter.

Second, how do they function in your car? Since there is a ring and the bulb in the housing, where do you tie each in? Especially if you don't want the ring to come on at the same time of the lamp. How easy is it to do?

Here is the plan, I have LED switchback turn signals. I drive around with my parking lights (which are the LEDs) and the fog lights all day long as I use them for daytime lights. Well the fog lamps are a yellow color compared to the LEDs in my parking lights/turn signal. As I am trying to figure out what is the best bulb to replace the stock bulbs in my Fog lamps, I thought about the halo ring. During the day and at dusk I thought it would be really good complements of each other; LEDs at the bottom of the bumper and the Rings in my grill.

Let me know what you think,
Thanks.
The fogs in grill right? We carry the fogs with the CCFL halos. You can wire up the halos to turn on with parking lights. LED's dont look as good as CCFL. CCFL are brighter. PM me if you are interested. I have a thread up some where with a picture of them.