2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

GT/CS W/ Different Hood Options?

Old 7/31/18, 09:03 PM
V6 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GT/CS W/ Different Hood Options?

I am saving up for a GT/CS Front bumper kit and am depending on going with a splitter or a lip but not the Shelby retrofitted lip, was wondering if anyone has any pics of custom ones or the APR I suppose. Also am debating on buying a cervinis stalker II hood or staying with stock hood and getting the MMD hood louvers with the MMD hood scoop and was wondering if anyone had pics of a GT/CS frontend with either hood setup?
Old 8/1/18, 09:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
I have the GT/CS bumper and like it 'plain' as it comes, no added lip or splitter. It's great as it is. My opinion, of course.

In regards to the hood, have you seen a Cobra hood? It looks real nice, I got that too.

I put in a Shelby grille though. But anyway, here's some pics of that hood and the GT/CS bumper on Awesome, front and back.

Here's an album with all that if it helps ya. Don't mind if I do!

https://imgur.com/a/5T0m9

I know it's not the hood you're lookin' for, but it is the bumper. Hope it helps anyway.

Last edited by houtex; 8/1/18 at 09:05 PM.
Old 8/2/18, 12:50 PM
V6 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex
I have the GT/CS bumper and like it 'plain' as it comes, no added lip or splitter. It's great as it is. My opinion, of course.

In regards to the hood, have you seen a Cobra hood? It looks real nice, I got that too.

I put in a Shelby grille though. But anyway, here's some pics of that hood and the GT/CS bumper on Awesome, front and back.

Here's an album with all that if it helps ya. Don't mind if I do!

https://imgur.com/a/5T0m9

I know it's not the hood you're lookin' for, but it is the bumper. Hope it helps anyway.
That setup looks very clean, I’m trying to go with a very clean setup for mine as well which is why I sold my GT500 rear bumper and ended up trading with cash on top for a GT stock rear, I like the cleanliness of the hood but I want something that’ll have a bit more to it, I’m still debating on side scoops as I love the clean lines without but and loving it with them on too. Also your Stang is giving me a 2010+ vibe
Old 8/2/18, 07:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Awesome says 'Thanks!' and so do I.

I chose all the pieces ( Cobra R hood, GT/CS bumpers front and back, Shelby grille, V6/KR wing) because I wanted a bit cleaner lines. The lip on the GT bumpers sorta didn't ever feel right, and I didn't wanna stick body kits on them. Hood was the 'cleanest' one (no holes or scoops or such) that looked decent, so it made the most sense, beyond the stock one, which I refused to put back on. No aluminum, thanks, can't trust the paint to stick. The V6/KR wing was also a few 'clean' reasons: The pedestal would reflect sunlight in my mirror, it stuck up in the way, cleaning under it was irritating... I love having that laydown spoiler so much now...

For what them thoughts are worth. Good luck on your search!
Old 8/6/18, 08:46 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 947 Likes on 575 Posts
I don't have the ones you are talking about but some extra photos never hurt. I've had the shaker hood since the car was new. I wouldn't change a thing. It's still an eye catcher and people enjoy the hood being open at the shows, as it's a bit different.
GT/CS W/ Different Hood Options?-2007-mustang-gtcs-005-copy.jpgGT/CS W/ Different Hood Options?-maggie-valley-mustang-3-.jpg