2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

got mine!

Search this Thread

Old 11/8/04 | 04:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by sqweak@November 8, 2004, 2:51 PM
madhouse: I loved the L, but needed to have something more open for sunny SoCal. Thats why I switched to a M3 'vert. The L had been sitting, and not selling, for 6 months. She had some issues (among them, the intercooler recall was never done by previous owner, and she had developed the faulty co2/o2 sensors as a result) so I was more than happy to offload her for the new pony!
I can see your point there - congrats on your new ride !!!!!

Old 11/8/04 | 04:55 PM
GT Member

Hi Sqweak! Congrats on your new stang! I am moving to San Diego sometime early next year (January or February). Is Galpin close to San Diego? Would you recommend them (i guess so)?

I have considered buying a new stang here in New Jersey, and driving it to California, but its gonna be winter soon, and I might as well put the mileage on my clunker, although it would be great FUN to drive a new stang cross country!

Plus I think I will hold out for a vert since I will be in San Diego!!!!
Old 11/8/04 | 05:11 PM
GT Member

vw: Galpin is in the San Fernando valley, a little NW of downtown LA. It would be probably 2+ hours from san diego. That said, I will and do emphatically recommend Galpin, and specifically my salesman Brian Deming. He's a entertainer (actor/producer, everyone in LA is! ) but sells cars because he loves em. He's the first salesman who knew as much, if not more, about the car than me and goes out of his way to make everything smooth and enjoyable.
Old 11/8/04 | 05:25 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the response! After many bad experiences with dealerships, a 2 hour drive is not a concern for me as long as the dealer is good!

I plan on waiting for a black vert, so it will be a while! I may even hold out for 2006, but I may not last that long!!!

Thanks again, and congrats on your great car!
Old 11/8/04 | 05:29 PM
Bullitt Member

First pics I've seen of that combo- M Grey with red seats. Sweet!