2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Got hit last night...bad

Search this Thread

Old 1/23/06, 11:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Trooper4985@January 22, 2006, 11:51 AM
There you go... try to tell the cop how to do his job. Nothing scores points with me more than someone who believes CSI is how real police work is done tries to tell me how to do my job.
You mean like this?

Who cares about scoring points? Last time I checked, investigating an accident had nothing to do with which person scored the more points with the cops. That sounds like a pretty solid suggestion to me, and if he posed it in an inquisitive way ie "Officer, would it be possible for you to check her cell phone records?", what would be the problem with that? I'd never suggest coming out and questioning an officer's authority/abilities directly, but that seems a little touchy.
Old 1/23/06, 12:09 PM
GT Member

Ouch! Sorry about your car and glad everyone's ok. I can relate since I had an accident in December. Still waiting to get my car back from the body shop. Hope you get her back soon and she's good as new.
Old 1/23/06, 12:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

UPDATE-

well, I am really really surprised. The girl is 26. 5'3" 100lbs and has more of a baby face than I do. she is persian (name removed) and has a clean driving record since she got her license in 2003. She had one accident in 2004...still trying to get the accident report from that accident. But even if that accident is a "running a red light" and she is at fault...she still has no tickets and is older than me. I'm a 22 year old guy with two tickets in less than a year...both for speeding....driving a hot rod. I'm screwed me thinks.

Also found out she lives 5 blocks from where the accident occured. That tells me (since its a very remote industrial/condo area) that she was hurrying home and blows that light alot.

with no witnesses beside my drunk girlfriend....I think I am screwed. I guess I will be calling progressive auto insurance...hopefully even they will insure me.

I checked my record...it shows 2 tickets...one over 100mph and I am not sure how long until this accident shows up (unless by some miracle I am found not at fault).

maybe I should get insurance for this next year before this accident shows up. thoughts?
Old 1/23/06, 12:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Rich,
My condolences. What a shame. Your dad's expertise should help you out in proving your case. I think its odd there were no skid marks from her vehicle...I would like to think for me, whether or not the light is green or red, if there's a car pulling out in front of me, I'm slamming on the brakes.

On an earlier note in this topic, depends on the manufacturer, but there are "black boxes" in some vehicles. We had a nasty accident on the news a week or two ago. Some young girl, likely drunk or on drugs, plowed into the back of another vehicle that was innocently making a left turn in the center turn median. She hit the car so bad it exploded on impact and killed the two people in the car. They found out from the cars black box (a late model Gran Prix or Grand Am) that she was doing over 85 MPH in a 35 zone and never hit the brakes. Turns out also that she had been arrested before for DUI.

I don't know if Jeep Liberty's have it also...but maybe worth checking out.
Old 1/23/06, 01:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

There you go... try to tell the cop how to do his job. Nothing scores points with me more than someone who believes CSI is how real police work is done tries to tell me how to do my job.
Wow, talk about touchy. It was just a suggestion.
Old 1/23/06, 02:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Rich,

I really hope this works out for you. Try to stay positive because I'm sure it will all come out fine in the end. I know this all sucks right now but even though she is a better driver record wise at the worst you'll only have to pay for your damages.
Old 1/23/06, 03:04 PM
Cobra Member

that really sucks for you, I know that I'd definitly slam the brakes on if I was paying any attention at all and someone pulled out in front of me, green light or not.

hopefully you aren't at fault and they fix your stang as good as new, its one of my favorites here good luck
Old 1/23/06, 03:22 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

dang, man that sucks. she probably wasnt paying a lick of attention. i dont care if someone does pull out in front of me i hit the brakes. so she probably didnt see you until she hit you. and the judge might try and throw out any evidence your mom and dad come up w/ b/c they are your parents. its probably going to end up with she pays to fix her car and you pay to fix yours. thats what happened to me.
Old 1/23/06, 04:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Burke0011@January 23, 2006, 12:14 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again - when I was a kid in Jersey, you got your permit at 16 and could drive WITH ANOTHER licensed driver, but could NOT drive on your own till 17 or something. Sorry to offend some people but no 16 year old should be out driving around alone at 2:00am.
Thats the way it is here. Many of the people I know don't like it, including myself sometimes (I am 15) , but I realize that in the long run it could save my life, so I think its probally better. The thing that pisses me off the most is how easy it to get a liscense. Ypu could be some dumbpoo moron whos never seen a car before in your life and probally get a liscense here. It sucks because it kills the insurance rates for me and other "good" younger drivers. I have driven in *safe* conditions with my dad for the past few years, which has hopefully made me a decent driver for when I get out on the road. Rich, man, I really feel for you. I truely hope that some sort of evidence pops up and can turn the case around for you. Do your parents have any pull that could get a cell phone record? Not that it could really help at all, I geuss, unless its illegal to drive talking on the phone so hrm. Don't you wish that you had a tape recorder when she was talking to her mom. Good luck in your case.

Colin
Old 1/23/06, 04:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by SVTJayC@January 23, 2006, 12:17 PM
Who cares about scoring points? Last time I checked, investigating an accident had nothing to do with which person scored the more points with the cops. That sounds like a pretty solid suggestion to me, and if he posed it in an inquisitive way ie "Officer, would it be possible for you to check her cell phone records?", what would be the problem with that? I'd never suggest coming out and questioning an officer's authority/abilities directly, but that seems a little touchy.
I think he was trying to point out exactly what you suggested. Ask questions but, don't tell the officer how to do his job or what he needs to do. You would not believe the number of people who believe everything they see on a fictional crime based TV show. I've had people stare at me like I was an alien when I had to tell them that we can't fingerprint a rock that someone threw through there window. They always come back with"but, they do it on TV!" I had a 38yr old woman deny t-boning another car because it didn't blow up like they do on TV. If you think something might help then ask if it would, just don't bark out orders like ya know our job better than we do is all we ask.
Old 1/23/06, 05:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by SurfnSoCal@January 23, 2006, 1:15 PM
UPDATE-

well, I am really really surprised. The girl is 26. 5'3" 100lbs and has more of a baby face than I do. she is persian (name removed) and has a clean driving record since she got her license in 2003. She had one accident in 2004...still trying to get the accident report from that accident. But even if that accident is a "running a red light" and she is at fault...she still has no tickets and is older than me. I'm a 22 year old guy with two tickets in less than a year...both for speeding....driving a hot rod. I'm screwed me thinks.

Also found out she lives 5 blocks from where the accident occured. That tells me (since its a very remote industrial/condo area) that she was hurrying home and blows that light alot.

with no witnesses beside my drunk girlfriend....I think I am screwed. I guess I will be calling progressive auto insurance...hopefully even they will insure me.

I checked my record...it shows 2 tickets...one over 100mph and I am not sure how long until this accident shows up (unless by some miracle I am found not at fault).

maybe I should get insurance for this next year before this accident shows up. thoughts?
progressive is the only insurer i know that goes back only 35 months---everyone else 5 years---good luck, but yes, if you are found at fault get insurance before the ticket hits, fight it---do whatever you can---i had a major infraction 4 years and 10 months back, nationwide found it and tried to jack my rate up by nearly $1K per six months, fyi, my record is clean beyond that---hello progressive...
Old 1/23/06, 06:24 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
holy crap!!! sorry to hear/see your car after that (especially since i think yours is one of the most tastefully modded 05s around...) but im glad you and your girlfriend are ok.

i hope everything works out for u in court.

and that B**** in the jeep really irks me with the whole telling her mom she ran the red but lying to the officer thing.

anyhow, ive got my fingers crossed for u bro,
Old 1/23/06, 07:32 PM

I would try looking into your cars black box....I think they hold like the last 5 seconds or something. You might be able to show you were at a stand still 5 seconds prior. The Box in her vehicle would show that she is moving. That would go a long way to backing your story.

Just a thought....Good luck!
Old 1/23/06, 07:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Blue00GT@January 23, 2006, 9:35 PM
I would try looking into your cars black box....I think they hold like the last 5 seconds or something. You might be able to show you were at a stand still 5 seconds prior. The Box in her vehicle would show that she is moving. That would go a long way to backing your story.

Just a thought....Good luck!
Do those actually exist?
Old 1/23/06, 07:59 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by korinwoodo@January 23, 2006, 8:38 PM
Do those actually exist?
yes.
Old 1/23/06, 09:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh, hate to hear that. Good luck getting her fixed up and back on the road.
Old 1/24/06, 07:06 AM
V6 Member

You can always sue her.
Old 1/24/06, 08:51 AM
Cobra Member

You mean like this?

yes really..no cop could do much more than harass a couple people in a given hour let alone solve a crime or conduct an investigation
Old 1/24/06, 09:08 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by SVTJayC@January 23, 2006, 12:17 PM
youd be shocked how much of a A holio cops (are) can be

my girlfriend landlord hit my parked car told the cops ..then had one of the cops standing next to them while both started telling me my insurance would go up ..the cop and the landlord .. i was like wtf.. he kept on harassing me and the cops just stood by ..but told me to shut up .. i said why should i shut up .. he hit me! ..a holes ..then for about 30 min landlord is standing at the cop car window talking s@$% about me with the cops so i said you know what i can stand here too .. ..tada all 3 of them stop .. i was like are you cops or 12 year olds?and they all stopped while i was standing next to them.

because hes a crazy (literally) VET with a 20 year old rangerand im just some punk who spoiled (lol) in a brand new car..meanwhile they have no idea what i went through to get it
Old 1/24/06, 09:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

How do those parents live with themselves knowing the truth. Get some ***** and own up to the fact that your daughter made a mistake and has to pay the price. What kinda example is that for their daughter...lie and you can get yourself out of any trouble your in?

Quick Reply: Got hit last night...bad